My list for today is lengthy.

Then add HER list.

So l best get off my butt and get back after it.

Have a safe productive day gents.

You too Pete.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, MTO said:

My list for today is lengthy.

Then add HER list.

So l best get off my butt and get back after it.

Have a safe productive day gents.

You too Pete.

I just got done grilling breakfast of biscuits, eggs, sausage and bacon on the grill.  Now I'm off to work on a tractor for a bit, then maybe the combine.  My beans are a couple days off.  I felt guilty as I slept in till 630 this morning.

We had a get together on Saturday with Kids and Grand kids. Made and canned 15 gallons of Spaghetti sauce from My Mothers ( Her Mothers) recipe. Grands had a ball cranking the old juicer and being official taste testers dipping Italian Bread into and eating.  All outside under the Pavilion. to keep the clutter and the mess out of the house.

Kids and Grands then Pitched tents and slept out in the back yard. Up and ready for Church.  

Yesterday Afternoon I was part of a Pro Trump Boat Parade on the Clarion River. 45 boats took part. Thought that was interesting for President #45. 

We even made the local TV news last night.  Amazing how many people came down to the waters edge to wave Flags and clap and wave in a show of support. 

Only saw 1 Hiden Biden sign in 20 + miles of river. !00s of Trump signs.. All the boats had multiple Flags and Trump Banners. Playing music and just having a blast. Great weather too. Followed up with Water skiing and a cookout on the Deck of a good friends river house.

Today I celebrated the return of Rain to this area last week by mowing the grass in the yard and barn yard. Went from Brown to 4" tall in 7 days. 

Soon, End of the Month, all the family will gather again to Can Hot peppers, Make Sauerkraut and Apple Cider.

This has actually been a pretty good Year for this family.  Thank you Lord for your  many blessings.

• Like 5

Went to a party Saturday night at a landlords. This morning we hauled some shale for a muddy field access. Pulled the truck out a few times, leveled it off slightly. Trying to get ready for corn chopping. I have to plant 6 trees I got on Thursday. Hauled 6 loads of topsoil for them yesterday, made wire cages and just have to grade the piles of dirt better before planting them 

• Like 2

Been working on a post/gate project between a couple of the barns. Cleared the area, mowed it off, mowed the rest of the grass, dug a 3’ deep post hole (by hand), wrestled a couple 240lb RR ties into place, got one post in the hole (one more hole to dig), back to the house, clean up, go work a 10hr shift. I’ll be in bed around 3AM tomorrow morning. 

I did see this land on a deceased ground hog I had tossed back by the field. Snuck up behind the hay bales and snapped a pic or two. 

E78B8CE3-A3CA-4B3A-A1DC-0148E61A45AD.jpeg

E13A2F42-E5A3-44C8-99CC-1B241820FE67.jpeg

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, bitty said:

Went to a party Saturday night at a landlords. This morning we hauled some shale for a muddy field access. Pulled the truck out a few times, leveled it off slightly. Trying to get ready for corn chopping. I have to plant 6 trees I got on Thursday. Hauled 6 loads of topsoil for them yesterday, made wire cages and just have to grade the piles of dirt better before planting them 

One of Saturday nights activity .....

Poor video quality, it's hard to follow something that fast

Walked in this morning to a Ford 7740 Dual Power setting on the bench in pieces. Assembled and air tested then installed back in tractor. Rolled tractor together test ran and checked / set operating pressure for said circuits at operating temperature............time to call it a labor day. 

started laundry at 730, wrestled some paperwork, checked on good friends in bozemen, better regarding the fires, went out at 900 ( had to wait till then so dont bother renter they have a new baby ) fired up the small mower to get close to stuff, finished that, fired up big mower, finished yard and extended areas, mowed off what was left of the garden, got out the plug aerator, greased it up and aerated entire yard,  thats a slow process, unloaded 200 fence posts - straightened the bent ones - put skid steer up - cleaned up aerator, put it away - got out 3 point spreader, hooked it up, mixed up some fertilizer/weed killer granules and spread it all over yard, then overseeded and planted some new areas for grass, cleaned up spreader, oiled it and put away, got out wheel barrow and couple bales of straw and mulched the new seed, bring on the rain, put everything put away, stopped for water a couple times had fresh garden stuff for dinner and apple pie w/ice cream, bring on the iced tea and a movie!!!

3 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Mud?  Where?  

We have started to get some rain. This is two huge mud puddles in a wet area in a usual year

I was wifes gopher most of the day... washed up new vinly trim and garage doors while wife painted shutters i took down early sunday morning while wasps were still sluggish.  We started the project Saturday and had a learning curve on the wasps in shutters plus getting a set up for her to paint on. Still have to put another coat on trim and paint posts and door trim on porch. Looks a lot better tho i think.

20200907_110013.jpg

20200907_110010.jpg

20200907_180954.jpg

20200907_180832.jpg

Ya labor day for sure,

Windstorm came through,

Power off,

Fire up gen to power up,

Bring in water totes for toilet flushes,

Take plates out of bike clutch, bonded together, never seen this before,

Check basket, gooed up, carb clean,

Blow and rake yard for fallen branches,

Sweep deck,

Having dinner and watching the yanks now, 😀 take care all.

Went to the labor day festival in West Liberty. Seen Andy (Harmless Farmer) walking around and talking. Didn't get a chance to say Hi he was busy. Then went out and done some target shooting with the wife.

Labor day coming to a close, good, I'm tired. Long weekend. Bout done laboring😁🤔😂

IMG_20200907_235333852.thumb.jpg.85f6a7d1bade907d212487a223729804.jpg

13 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I was wifes gopher most of the day... washed up new vinly trim and garage doors while wife painted shutters i took down early sunday morning while wasps were still sluggish.  We started the project Saturday and had a learning curve on the wasps in shutters plus getting a set up for her to paint on. Still have to put another coat on trim and paint posts and door trim on porch. Looks a lot better tho i think.

20200907_110013.jpg

20200907_110010.jpg

20200907_180954.jpg

20200907_180832.jpg

Nice work, really spruced things up. I HATE painting so don't envy you at all. Be careful with the darn wasps.

1 minute ago, DT Fan said:

Nice work, really spruced things up. I HATE painting so don't envy you at all. Be careful with the darn wasps.

I primed the trim but im not patient enough to not get it on stuff it doesnt belong on! Lol we somehow managed to not get stung be we disturbed and killed a LOT  of wasps! I think it does look a lot better too. Thanks.