Low serial number 450

As might be slightly obvious I have an affection for the 450 tractors. I was at a labor day weekend party tonight at one of my landlords and one of my wife's classmates was there . He and I were talking about tractors and he said he has a low serial number 450 .. serial number 511. I will try to get some pictures of it . It was set up for pulling but has all the original equipment on it yet like the fasthitch, frame weights and other things. He mentioned that I could buy it from him. Has me thinking bad thoughts.

How much is a kidney worth , asking for a friend ;) ;)

Severe apologies for not having any pictures

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
18 minutes ago, bitty said:

As might be slightly obvious I have an affection for the 450 tractors. I was at a labor day weekend party tonight at one of my landlords and one of my wife's classmates was there . He and I were talking about tractors and he said he has a low serial number 450 .. serial number 511. I will try to get some pictures of it . It was set up for pulling but has all the original equipment on it yet like the fasthitch, frame weights and other things. He mentioned that I could buy it from him. Has me thinking bad thoughts.

How much is a kidney worth , asking for a friend ;) ;)

Severe apologies for not having any pictures

whoa that sounds really special and the thought of having that sounds like its a temptation to more than just you 

better act fast the words out LOL - id bite but im selling a kidney to get a used truck next week - waiting to find out what day the surgery is 🤪

• Haha 1

Hi, my name is Tim and I have a 450 problem...😂😂😂😂

My wife questioned a purchase of mine once and I just looked at her and said “hey, at least I’m not hanging out in bars or doing drugs”  She just rolled her eyes and left me alone 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

👍🏼👍🏼

I better start practicing saying this ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, bitty said:

I better start practicing saying this ...

You guys need to add - and im down to one kidney LOL thats why im here

22 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

My wife questioned a purchase of mine once and I just looked at her and said “hey, at least I’m not hanging out in bars or doing drugs”  She just rolled her eyes and left me alone 👍🏼👍🏼

• Haha 1

GET IT........ and the pictures 👍😀

Just now, searcyfarms said:

You guys need to add - and im down to one kidney LOL thats why im here

Hi, my name is Tim and I have a 450 problem..... my problem is that I only have one kidney to sell anymore 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, bitty said:

Hi, my name is Tim and I have a 450 problem..... my problem is that I only have one kidney to sell anymore 

Just tell people you live life unfiltered....

because that’s the best kidney joke I could come up with. 

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I gave my wife about the same answer one time, she looked at me for a very long pause, and then said “That might be cheaper”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just buy it hide it for couple months and when she ask, you mean that old thing it’s been here for years 

46 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

Just buy it hide it for couple months and when she ask, you mean that old thing it’s been here for years 

If I can get it home and parked amid my other treasures without the wife seeing it, I'm golden. She'll never notice a new one.😁

If she comes home and catches it on the trailer before I get it unloaded, I tell her "I sold another one honey" and need to deliver it. 😁

It's when she sees it coming home on the trailer that my goose is cooked. Once when caught I told her I am not bringing a new one home. I was delivering one I sold but forgot the extra radial radiator ring gear I promised the buyer. She didn't buy it. 😪

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Wi Ih said:

That works.

Sort of.

You guys are lucky, my wife notices when the tractors have been moved.  I have zero hope of hiding one around the house.  Now out other lots are a bit different 😏

The first kidney is much cheaper than the second one.

Buy it send the wife out and haul it in cover in dust so it looks used. 

I will find out what he wants for it. I will have to wait until the shed is built. .y guess is that he wants gold for it but I will see 

Tractors...? Heck my wife notices tools....."That one looks new" ...... And even shiny tools I've had for several years, I get accused of buying new ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bitty never know it could possibly be the earliest one still around.  

"Where there is a will there is a way".... or was that "Where there is a will there is an excuse" They only made one with that serial number..!! It could be the earliest one in existence.

I don't collect tractors because I couldn't fix them anyway. Wish I could.     

ps: 706 up and quit on me this afternoon. I think it is a fuel issue. I get to use my very limited mechanical know how. Or.... I do have youngest son's phone number.  

1 hour ago, dads706 said:

Tractors...? Heck my wife notices tools....."That one looks new" ...... And even shiny tools I've had for several years, I get accused of buying new ones.

You probably don't have much luck with guns then either, If I can get it in the safe, I had it before we were married. Cross my heart babe, would I lie to you😇

• Haha 1

Be cool if you could get it for a reasonable price. Being converted to a tractor puller would be a negative for me tho as i like working tractors. If he had all the original stuff tho.....🙂

I thought he said that he has the original engine to swap back in. 

2 minutes ago, bitty said:

I thought he said that he has the original engine to swap back in. 

Use that puller engine for one of your other ones that you set up to play with.  Kill two birds with one stone. Look at it like that and it’s practically a two for one deal....

10 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Use that puller engine for one of your other ones that you set up to play with.  Kill two birds with one stone. Look at it like that and it’s practically a two for one deal....

I think he wants to keep the puller engine . I also am under the impression that it has a problem