Wagan deer stand project

Fill with corn and leave the gate open just a crack when you drag it out. ūüėĀ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

now I can bring the kids with or just sleep in there the night before so i don't scare em away

Thats dedication. I found the older I get the more I sleep in and have coffee. I always have much better luck in the evenings at my place. But I guess since I dont go in the mornings who knows. Looks pretty cool to me. What's in store for the windows? Pro tip, I like to hang some camo net on the inside. It cuts down on glare and really helps them to not see your shadow moving around 

• Like 2
On 9/5/2020 at 6:42 PM, Missouri Mule said:

Thats dedication. I found the older I get the more I sleep in and have coffee. I always have much better luck in the evenings at my place. But I guess since I dont go in the mornings who knows. Looks pretty cool to me. What's in store for the windows? Pro tip, I like to hang some camo net on the inside. It cuts down on glare and really helps them to not see your shadow moving around 

Camo netting or black paint the inside. Then, you don’t have to wear camo. You can wear black to blend in. Still may require orange for laws though. I know a few people who have done this. 

• Like 1

Windows will be whatever sheep I nes I get my hands on, so far the whole thing is built with spare materials amd free stuff

That is going to look nice. You can pull it out weeks before the season opens for them to get used to. And in the off season it can become the kids play house and a fun place to 'camp out' on summer evenings.  

Maybe used carpet on the floor to cut down on noise??? Fiberglass insulation or styrofoam is cheap for the walls and roof. Make things a bit more comfortable while drinking coffee on a crisp morning.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ih886/1066 said:

wouldn't want to be hunting in a big wind storm.

Fill the bin with sand etc and it wouldn't blow over

Wouldnt want to roll away though.

21 hours ago, ih886/1066 said:

wouldn't want to be hunting in a big wind storm.

Will also be tucked into a grove at the edge with one side poking out to the field

On 9/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, Rusty shackleford said:

now I can bring the kids with or just sleep in there the night before so i don't scare em away

Rusty I bet you have slept in worse places.

• Like 1

I had a redneck dream of doing that with a Genie lift. Always thought it would be fun to drive down the back side of a fence row, lift it up, poke through the other side and hunt. Sure wind might make you seasick and hard to shoot but it would be a sweet deer stand.