Come bale some hay with me

26 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Ah but with the accumulators now that's a cake walk. 🤦‍♂️

Yes they do. Lol

KIMG0850.jpg

Nice video.  How high do you stack those bales?  Ever have trouble with them compressing and falling or leaning?

15 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Nice video.  How high do you stack those bales?  Ever have trouble with them compressing and falling or leaning?

If the bales are tight and the density is good, and the edges are packed well then no issues usually. Just pick a good level place to stack them

internesting in a different area

I see massive field  flat land and bale pusher

since we dont even have flat to stack on   ,they roll alone sometimes 2K '  to the creek

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

A while back I took this video of myself on first cut sudan with lots of crabgrass that volunteered in. Made some decent feed but the sudan didnt like the competition. Anyway I thought I'd share https://youtu.be/TQGpyrTYnE8

Did you spray herbicide for weed control and fertilize the sudan grass?  My experience is the Sudan grass will shade the crabgrass out.

21 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Did you spray herbicide for weed control and fertilize the sudan grass?  My experience is the Sudan grass will shade the crabgrass out.

This is sorghum sudan actually. Yes it gets fertilized heavy at planting, then top dressed with urea after every cut. I burnt it all down with roundup but then took my disc and lightly worked it up so I could plant with my drill. I tried to no till 2 years in a row with poor results. This time I had one heck of a stand but lightly discing it brought up the grass like crazy. It's been sprayed for 5 years in a row. Amazing how long grass seed sticks around. I either need to look into something next year with more residual spray or lightly disc it ahead of time then burn down. I double cropped wheat and rye into baleage on this field so I was rushing to plant Sudan. 

17 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

I have had some trouble. Mostly due to uneven ground. I normally dont go higher than 3. I only went 2 high here because its uneven and plus i have some little ones running around that like to climb bales. I try to keep them off the wrapped hay but they dont always listen. Being on the edge the plastic is so thick they dont hurt much anyway as long as they dont take a sharp object up. For the most part they wont really compress 

I have had some issues with them slowly leaning and falling.  I don't own my own round baler yet.  Have been using a custom guy with a claas baler wrapper combo.  Seems like some cuttings stack really well.  My first cutting grass gave me the most trouble.  The Sudan and oats stacked real well.  

58 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

I have had some issues with them slowly leaning and falling.  I don't own my own round baler yet.  Have been using a custom guy with a claas baler wrapper combo.  Seems like some cuttings stack really well.  My first cutting grass gave me the most trouble.  The Sudan and oats stacked real well.  

I know you aren't supposed to stack them on their sides but I have done so many times in places where we didn't have a flat spot

On 9/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, 885 said:

I know you aren't supposed to stack them on their sides but I have done so many times in places where we didn't have a flat spot

I dont really think theres much harm. Its just that the ends have 5 times more wrap then the sides. So your bottom bales probably have holes all over in them from stubble. if you laid out some plastic or a tarp that would work better maybe.