5088 Puller project photos.

2 hours ago, lightninboy said:

I don't know anything about those homemade frame tractors. The only thing tractor is the engine? What do you have for the transmission and rearend?

engine transmission and differential are all stock based items on my tractor.    It does depend on the class   The component tractors are engine and color are usually the only factory parts. 

Gonzo this is the new set of hair driers going on my cast tractor 😎 I’m turning the wick up on it even tho it’s for sale   

D5FE7102-7F2C-45C3-9851-E35A26A45048.jpeg

0DEB25E2-BE27-4D0E-82D1-5EE3F93E20E6.jpeg

• Like 2

YES!! for the alky ................ I dont pull diesels anymore.   Once you go smokeless you wont go back.

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, gonzo 1066 said:

engine transmission and differential are all stock based items on my tractor.    It does depend on the class   The component tractors are engine and color are usually the only factory parts. 

I should have said component tractors. I suppose a tractor with stock based transmission and differential could have homemade frame rails.

Any more the addition of frame rails is mandated for the higher HP tractors for safety reasons.    There has been too many cast parts break and drivers get hurt.   The reason component tractors came about is because the limits of cast was reached years ago.   The component is MUCH safer then running modified cast parts.