$9300...per acre

Bare 80 a mile from me sold a week ago for $9300. No acreage or bins.

BTO was #2 bidder. Buyer was a local guy. 

Looks like land is holding steady. Still not quite the $12,200 per acre of the farm just west of me from a couple years ago.

4 hours ago, dads706 said:

Bare 80 a mile from me sold a week ago for $9300. No acreage or bins.

BTO was #2 bidder. Buyer was a local guy. 

Looks like land is holding steady. Still not quite the $12,200 per acre of the farm just west of me from a couple years ago.

What was the corn suitability rating on that 80? 

thats crazy nutz, we get 2500/3000 round here - buddy just sold 72 for 2850 and partial finished house on basement, machine shed and grain bin for 3000/acre on 37 acres

4 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

thats crazy nutz, we get 2500/3000 round here - buddy just sold 72 for 2850 and partial finished house on basement, machine shed and grain bin for 3000/acre on 37 acres

Where's "here" because $3000/acre won't touch pasture that needs 5 acres per pair here in ECSD.

farms are basically outlawed here and getting worse,cidiote fields only, they tax the old owners out

and give developer 6 + yr tax FREEEEEEE  

$18-35K is the ask  once taxed out they pay <$8-12K and resell $60-120K   with cheap roads which are donated back

cousin netted $500K on $1.4 ask (75ac ($15K yr tax)  

no house less than $350 K allowed to be built+ lot

You guys are lucky. Up here in Ontario Can. It sells for 15,000 per acre and as high as 25,000 per acre

And this is not a typo error.!!!  You got to feel for a young guy wanting to farm ..

The govt subsididized foreigner dairies around here will still pay 10 or 10,500 / acre if they have to, but usually outbid all of the locals at 5 - 6,500 / acre. Gotta have acreage to dump manure for their ever expanding dairy facilities.

Nothing as low as 10k here.  Sky is the limit if the Amish or Mennonites want it.  In Lancaster county 40,000 an acre happens regularly in the heart or amish country.  Yes 40000 an acre.  They had to be using old money.  I would say we average 15 and up to 20k with buildings.

• Confused 1

here in central wis. quite a few of the amish, non electric are leaving and going to new York and Virginia, I understand they are buying a lot of woods land, clearing it. hence the sawmill for awhile, leaving here they are having a hard time selling their places, most have a recent new house with no power in it, land usually sells but the farmstead will sit, recent land sales were as high as 5k an acre to dairy that needs manure ground to around 35ooo an acre on some of these amish farms, I was told that they aren't paying much more than 2k an acre out east again, seems like a very nomadic people, have a disagreement with the bishop and a whole group will leave, when the came in the 90.s they really pushed prices,

2 minutes ago, pt756 said:

here in central wis. quite a few of the amish, non electric are leaving and going to new York and Virginia, I understand they are buying a lot of woods land, clearing it. hence the sawmill for awhile, leaving here they are having a hard time selling their places, most have a recent new house with no power in it, land usually sells but the farmstead will sit, recent land sales were as high as 5k an acre to dairy that needs manure ground to around 35ooo an acre on some of these amish farms, I was told that they aren't paying much more than 2k an acre out east again, seems like a very nomadic people, have a disagreement with the bishop and a whole group will leave, when the came in the 90.s they really pushed prices,

Around here they move a lot too down to buying 10 or 15 acres and working construction I actually sold a farm to a young one I figured his payment must be about 30000 a year on 110 acres I don’t know how he makes it. That was the last real farm any of them bought around here. 

Here is Skagit Valley  WA. We are 60 miles north of the city of love and home of the peaceful protesters  "Seattle"  10K-12K/ac Then head north to Troy's area berry guys use to pay more then double our area when berry market was good.

Yes we have Amish moving here in eastern virginia. A lot are coming out of lower Maryland where they can sell the land for high price and buy here much more cheaply. A lot of buying woodland or cut over woodland to clear. 

the land here going for 2500 to 3000 / acre will yield 40 bu beans and 125 bu corn - on good to great years - less than good years 20 bu beans 75 bu corn - the guy that share crops ours had some 200 bu corn on a 40 acre hill spot a couple years back but that is an exception of course. 

Best our bottom ground has ever done is 50 bu beans and 150 bu corn - this is non irrigated of course 

a lot of CRP ground here - paying from 100 to 125/acre 

22 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Nothing as low as 10k here.  Sky is the limit if the Amish or Mennonites want it.  In Lancaster county 40,000 an acre happens regularly in the heart or amish country.  Yes 40000 an acre.  They had to be using old money.  I would say we average 15 and up to 20k with buildings.

WOW 😳 

18 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

WOW 😳 

Here is one for you.  Regularly see crazy prices.

15994006870834836235391198820674.jpg

A 160 with 2 small bins and an open front pole shed brought $11600/acre a while back in West Central iowa.  First bench ground above Soldier river. Can't remember CSR but it was pretty good.  Buyer was 90 year old investor reinvesting money from property sold in California due to high property taxes out there.