• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well i finally got it home and got it wiped out, tomorrow will be vacuum work - lord sent this one our way - wanted a 6 passenger, didnt even know u could get the center seat in a lariat, couldnt beli

How DARE you post this story with no PICS! That is grounds for the BAN HAMMER!

I’d just drive it. My ford looks worse than that.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

What did you do, try side swipe her??? 😳😬

one of my fav sayings from one of our divorce care support group participants = " do you know why divorces cost so much? Cause they're worth it!!! " 

11 hours ago, jass1660 said:

This is mine from a divorce induced rage boo boo 5 years ago, still driving it.

C3183F25-7834-4D90-85A1-9F0B0E9C781F.jpeg

My divorce rage destroyed HER stuff, not mine.

Of course I've done a few more than you

2 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

What did you do, try side swipe her??? 😳😬

It was miss her or the dog

Know which way I would steer😁

1 hour ago, MTO said:

My divorce rage destroyed HER stuff, not mine.

Of course I've done a few more than you

I must say. Mine I walked into an empty. I mean empty house. How much did that rage cost you?  I also was working on the family's van when she decided to take the windshield out with a splitting maul. Not a good place to be. Still cost me tons, but was worth every penny, short of what the kids went through

Mark

Our truck sold to the first guy that looked at it, its my neighbors son and FIL. He lives with them, is handicapped with a colostomy and uses a wheel chair. Taking out the back seat and putting a piece of plywood carpet in it over the floor so he can get the chair in. I will get pix when they come to pick it up this week and post it. 

They will be using it for pulling trailers for motorcycles, home depot runs and a daily driver. 

its replacing their Nacho Del Grande ( only mark can truly appreciate this ) that croaked on them last oct and they have been trying to find one that is in descent shape and reliable for local haulage. 

Im so excited its going to people that will not only care for it but appreciate it. I know the lord had this all worked out ahead of time. I mentioned it at our road meeting yesterday morning and my neighbor said DONT LIST IT, if my son doesnt buy it I will and use it for our business. 

Praise the lord!!

• Like 1

I think I sold my 2013 F-350, crew cab, dually, flawless, 37000 mi last Friday. Will probly find out this week. The buyer will be the other drivers ins co. I and my son are unscathed, other driver air lifted. Will be new truck shopping probly.

32 minutes ago, 1480x3 said:

I think I sold my 2013 F-350, crew cab, dually, flawless, 37000 mi last Friday. Will probly find out this week. The buyer will be the other drivers ins co. I and my son are unscathed, other driver air lifted. Will be new truck shopping probly.

oh my im so glad you guys are all right, I hope the other driver heals up that is scary stuff. If you dont mind sharing, what happened? 

2 hours ago, 1480x3 said:

Remember, the insurance company is not your friend.  Provide documentation on flawless condition of your vehicle in order to increase the computer valuation the insurance company will provide you.  While there many lawyers I do not rate very high, between politicians, insurance adjustors and car salesman, I am unsure who I trust the least.

2 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Remember, the insurance company is not your friend.  Provide documentation on flawless condition of your vehicle in order to increase the computer valuation the insurance company will provide you.  While there many lawyers I do not rate very high, between politicians, insurance adjustors and car salesman, I am unsure who I trust the least.

i have yet to have a bad experience with ins co, i guess i have been lucky - cars, house items/roof hail, building, skidsteer that burned, all were fair with me 

6 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

oh my im so glad you guys are all right, I hope the other driver heals up that is scary stuff. If you dont mind sharing, what happened? 

I won't get into detail till I see police report, but a mid 90s Cadillac, big boat, crossed center line, left side HEAVY damage to truck. Rear axle met bumper, hitch left truck but remained with upside down big J&M wagon, wagon totaled [ was empty ] . Car was way worse, I'm praying for driver, only one in car.

Also yes liked my 6.7 and have had all the diesels from the 6.9 to the 6.7.  My 6.0 was a dud.  Might consider the big gas on this next one though and save the 10000 + $ of the diesel option as there are a lot of horror stories on emissions crap. Also only driving about 4000 mi yearly. Also kinda forced into an unplanned situation to purchase.

2 hours ago, 1480x3 said:

Also yes liked my 6.7 and have had all the diesels from the 6.9 to the 6.7.  My 6.0 was a dud.  Might consider the big gas on this next one though and save the 10000 + $ of the diesel option as there are a lot of horror stories on emissions crap. Also only driving about 4000 mi yearly. Also kinda forced into an unplanned situation to purchase.

oh my, yes praying for other driver and hoping your day after issues are minimal - as for the truck thankful they can be replaced, i put on 25 to 30 annually so opted for the diesel - fingers crossed got a 4yr bumper to bumper on it to 160K so that should help if it has issues - the big gassers are nice as well as the 6.2 on a 10speed would help a lot - 10mpg wuoldnt be too bad if gas stays put

On 9/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, sandhiller said:

We are in the process of acquiring a 09 F550 with a 6.4  from forest service in Colorado. Will be set up as a Type 6 and fuel mileage will not be a concern😉. Hope it treats us well

Jeff,

We have an 08 6.4 and it’s only got 17k miles on it so I can’t attest to longevity but I can tell you that the cab and chassis models are detuned and it is a dog compared to an f350. It is more maneuverable than an f350 though because the front tires are set out wider and it really turns sharp. The mpg readout says 6.8 mpg but like you say when it gets ran it gets ran hard.

8D0F82A0-8430-4CF9-A5E6-EAB7CBD2D5B7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Dad has  '17 f350 with a 6.7. It has about 57,000 on it and has been flawless so far. We pull a '33 camper,a flatbed with tractors as big as our 966 on. Hes pulled that flatbed loaded with those 3'x4' concrete blocks for a retaining wall. Plenty of power and the engine brake on it works very well and saves your brakes.

27 minutes ago, ZG6E said:

Jeff,

We have an 08 6.4 and it’s only got 17k miles on it so I can’t attest to longevity but I can tell you that the cab and chassis models are detuned and it is a dog compared to an f350. It is more maneuverable than an f350 though because the front tires are set out wider and it really turns sharp. The mpg readout says 6.8 mpg but like you say when it gets ran it gets ran hard.

8D0F82A0-8430-4CF9-A5E6-EAB7CBD2D5B7.jpeg

That is a very sharp rig!

Ours will not be as shiny, they put new turbo, injector solonoids and egr valve. We will have 500 bucks (one time lease pmt from Forest Service) plus what it costs to go get it (bout six hours away). Will set up with 400 gallon skid unit. 

Wonder, if they can detune from the factory, can we get into the ecm an bring it back up to F350 parameters???

872015322_EstesPark550side.thumb.jpg.4eda10ff02339cd1baa3a49d43228008.jpg

well i finally got it home and got it wiped out, tomorrow will be vacuum work - lord sent this one our way - wanted a 6 passenger, didnt even know u could get the center seat in a lariat, couldnt believe this came up - way more truck than I was looking for and im not wild about the interior tan getting so dirty. I plan to get seat covers 

back seat.jpg

bed.jpg

dash.jpg

interior 1.jpg

interior 2.jpg

interior 3.jpg

left side.jpg

rear.jpg

right side.jpg

• Like 8

Nice looking truck. I’ve got a 16’ F250 4dr with the 6.7 and have been very happy with it. 32K on the clock now. I use it for hauling and stuff around the farm. Keep a cheapo small car for driving to work and keeping miles off the truck. 

On 9/7/2020 at 9:51 AM, sandhiller said:

Ours will not be as shiny, they put new turbo, injector solonoids and egr valve. We will have 500 bucks (one time lease pmt from Forest Service) plus what it costs to go get it (bout six hours away). Will set up with 400 gallon skid unit. 

Wonder, if they can detune from the factory, can we get into the ecm an bring it back up to F350 parameters???

Yes you can put a tune in it. There are several companies that have monitors and tunes. I couldn’t tell you what is a good one cause I haven’t figured that out yet with the research I’ve been doing but make sure the company is still in business in case you have problems with it. I’ve heard of several that have been bought out or gone but some of their stock is still for sale. Find a small diesel shop that knows their stuff and maybe they can point you in the right direction for the 6.4

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nice looking truck. I’ve got a 16’ F250 4dr with the 6.7 and have been very happy with it. 32K on the clock now. I use it for hauling and stuff around the farm. Keep a cheapo small car for driving to work and keeping miles off the truck. 

nice, im glad you like yours and have had good luck with it, i hope i do too 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

Yes you can put a tune in it. There are several companies that have monitors and tunes. I couldn’t tell you what is a good one cause I haven’t figured that out yet with the research I’ve been doing but make sure the company is still in business in case you have problems with it. I’ve heard of several that have been bought out or gone but some of their stock is still for sale. Find a small diesel shop that knows their stuff and maybe they can point you in the right direction for the 6.4

be very careful with the 6.4 they are volatile, good if done right and deleted properly but boy they can get to 15 to 20K in repairs quickly, much worse than a 6.0 from what my mechanic says who works on ONLY the ford diesels. 

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 10:51 AM, sandhiller said:

I’d leave it alone, it’s likely more than adequate, if your knuckle heads are anything like ours, a little less horsepower when the adrenaline is pumping is a good thing. If bing detuned leads to less self destruction, that’s a big plus. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

be very careful with the 6.4 they are volatile, good if done right and deleted properly but boy they can get to 15 to 20K in repairs quickly, much worse than a 6.0 from what my mechanic says who works on ONLY the ford diesels. 

Yes they can be touchy. I knew what I was getting into when I bought mine. I don’t really care about horsepower cause it will have plenty for me. Now I care about longevity even though I picked the wrong engine to get it. I must be getting older. I thought about making a fummins out of it if engine replacement is needed but I’ll figure that out if or when that time comes. 

5 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I’d leave it alone, it’s likely more than adequate, if your knuckle heads are anything like ours, a little less horsepower when the adrenaline is pumping is a good thing. If bing detuned leads to less self destruction, that’s a big plus. 

I agree with keeping power lower for knuckle heads with tunnel vision and inexperience but I would look into deleting it. Egr and dpf were very problematic on the 6.4. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

Yes they can be touchy. I knew what I was getting into when I bought mine. I don’t really care about horsepower cause it will have plenty for me. Now I care about longevity even though I picked the wrong engine to get it. I must be getting older. I thought about making a fummins out of it if engine replacement is needed but I’ll figure that out if or when that time comes. 

I agree with keeping power lower for knuckle heads with tunnel vision and inexperience but I would look into deleting it. Egr and dpf were very problematic on the 6.4. 

The question have now and always have is what happens in a year, 2 or 5 when it becomes impossible to get inspection without that equipment in place? Suddenly you have  a 20-30k truck that Wont pass inspection without 10k worth of undoing “improvements “

5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

The question have now and always have is what happens in a year, 2 or 5 when it becomes impossible to get inspection without that equipment in place? Suddenly you have  a 20-30k truck that Wont pass inspection without 10k worth of undoing “improvements “

We don’t have inspections down here except for commercial vehicles and I would bet that Nebraska doesn’t have emissions testing but maybe I’m wrong. That is definitely something to consider depending on where you live