FIRST IH 1066 UP FOR AUCTION NOW SER #7101..IN UNREAL ORIGINAL CONDITION

The 7388,7588, 7788’s all brought huge money between 120,000 to145,000 if I remember correctly so I’m sure this tractor will get up there too , who knows? 

Danny 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost makes me think somebody joined just to advertise this tractor?

I really messed up. When I first looked it was at $5.00  I should have put a bid for 5,500 in to say I was high bidder at one point  

Yes that’s what that is , not that you can’t tell about the tractor but we have already talked about it a few weeks ago .  There off by one owner , it was my neighbors old tractor next to our farm whe

Posted Images

On 9/7/2020 at 12:20 PM, DirtBoyz07 said:

The 7388,7588, 7788’s all brought huge money between 120,000 to145,000 if I remember correctly so I’m sure this tractor will get up there too , who knows? 

Danny 

We need to all chip in and help you buy it, Danny.  You need those 2 tractors together!

Great piece of IH history for sure. In my opinion the cab is a downfall because it isn't IH. Not that a Hiniker was bad, it's just that being the first 1066 it would be better as an open station or with the diamond cab. My guess is $70,000ish. 

• Like 1

So why is the first 1066 so much more valuable than say the first 966 or the first 1466?

was it the Very first 66 series off the line?

I realize that the 1066 is an iconic tractor and it was the first one made but these prices seem ridiculous to me.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have the last one than the first.  First ones are neat and its interesting to see the small details that changed (gauges, etc) soon after production began.  Studying the pictures in the operator's manual there is many little oddities.    I know where the 2nd 1466 is at now and it was new not too far from me.   

Give me the last one before the first one, although most days I like the white stripe look a hair more than the black stripe. The black stripe is growing on me though.

• Like 1
On 9/8/2020 at 11:41 PM, Mudfly said:

So why is the first 1066 so much more valuable than say the first 966 or the first 1466?

We don’t know what the value of the 1st 966 or 1466 would be? A lot depends on condition, and they have to show up.  If I remember correctly, number 1 1466 was on the forum a year or 2 ago, pictures too!! 

On 9/9/2020 at 12:41 AM, Mudfly said:

What's the value of the first 1466? Does anyone even know where the first 966 is?

One major thing going for this tractor is that its a low-hour original tractor.

What I find cool is that other than being a black stripe, Dad's 1066 spent the better part of the 1980s and 1990s equipped IDENTICALLY to this tractor, right down to the tires.

Just an update... Hasn't moved.

Screenshot_20200911-221820_Chrome.jpg

Its still in the same spot as the last time they took the picture lol

Sitting on $78,000 right now , I was surprised on the price .

Danny

at 82,000

Bid hasn't changed the last hr I've watched. It keeps resetting time. 

My opinion here but what a joke. Gets down to under a minute then jumps back to maybe 2 minutes, gets down to under 30 secs jumps back to a minute, then ...on and on.... 

1 minute ago, ole 815 said:

at 82,000

Bid hasn't changed the last hr I've watched. It keeps resetting time. 

My opinion here but what a joke. Gets down to under a minute then jumps back to maybe 2 minutes, gets down to under 30 secs jumps back to a minute, then ...on and on.... 

That's the new bidding way,  if any of the items get bid on the timer gets more time added to it.  We have tried to buy steers on auctions like this and give up.  Mostly because at the end of the auction listing, there is a hat or coat for sale and someone keeps bidding pennies on it to keep the other bids open.

That's dedication!! Or determination?!

Slick

10 hours ago, ole 815 said:

That's to prevent "sniping." On Ebay where there is a fixed end time for auctions, someone can swoop in with 10 seconds left, bid $1 more than you, and steal the item out from under you.

This way you have the chance to bid more.

However, it should only be on the individual items, not the entire auction. I've never heard of such a thing, where if one thing doesn't close, NOTHING closes. That's stupid, and I highly doubt it works that way.