Local family bought a 706 gas MFD  along with a 1206 MFD new. Sold the 1206 to a nephew few years ago for ...... $6,000 . It's sat outside since then

• Sad 1

The problem with “rare” is there are so many subcategories.

39 minutes ago, bitty said:

Local family bought a 706 gas MFD  along with a 1206 MFD new. Sold the 1206 to a nephew few years ago for ...... $6,000 . It's sat outside since then

Kindly advise where and when I should arrange a rescue mission?

Personally, for me anyway, rareity has many things that enter into the equation. First of course is total production of said piece. Also consider the output of similar equipment by that manufacturer. I would also consider how often one becomes available for purchase. Lastly I would consider it’s age.

IH built so many more tractors than their competitors that 1 of 100 may be more “rare” than a competitor’s 1 of 25. 

Older tractors that were obsolete and yet managed to survive the WW2 scrap drives may be more rare to some people than a newer low production model that is still useful.

Just my opinions. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Kindly advise where and when I should arrange a rescue mission?

These will rot into the ground from what I understand :(

Neighbor wanted to buy it but not a chance

54 minutes ago, bitty said:

These will rot into the ground from what I understand :(

Neighbor wanted to buy it but not a chance

I am not above arranging a covert operation.  The type when they go on vacation a mystery clean up is performed😀!

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, MTO said:

Well let's just tie MNT to a stake and burn his barn down for saying "rare"!!

He'd get less flack for saying n****r!

Geez......

Mark and OP esp, don;t get bent out of shape on the debate. ITS a message board. I have found over the years common tractors in my area are rare in other areas . being on the World Wide Web its a good discussion to have with others across the globe. Should we sugar coat it and let a guy pay huge bucks for tractors if we say they are rare?  those tractors are kinda rare for IH and in all honesty other than  few models of IH tractors even "rare" ones  don't bring a huge premium ( from my experience)

now to poke the bear................whats more rare is an Allis Chalmers pre 7000 series that don't jump out of third gear🤓

• Haha 3
On 9/3/2020 at 4:24 PM, hillman said:

Mark and OP esp, don;t get bent out of shape on the debate. ITS a message board. I have found over the years common tractors in my area are rare in other areas . being on the World Wide Web its a good discussion to have with others across the globe. Should we sugar coat it and let a guy pay huge bucks for tractors if we say they are rare?  those tractors are kinda rare for IH and in all honesty other than  few models of IH tractors even "rare" ones  don't bring a huge premium ( from my experience)

now to poke the bear................whats more rare is an Allis Chalmers pre 7000 series that don't jump out of third gear🤓

Well, as Fire Marshall Bill used to say on Living Color, "Lemme Tell ya sumpthin"

I`ve had 2 WDs and 4 WD45s.

And on my property you`ll know if it jumps out of gear.

None of them ever did. 

I`ve had 4 farmalls with TAs and have yet to have one that WASN`T out.

I bought a D17 with the low side out of the PDer but seller knocked big bucks off because he thought it was a hand clutch! LMAO!

And BTW, exSW can attest to that story.

Now, to ME, rare is finding a woman to install siding.

But I`ll just wager she got tired of hounding her hubby to do it!:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Very Cool my 97 year old uncle that worked for Massey Harris and Massey Ferguson for 32 years . And he use to say . The word rare is overrated . He always said they didnt build alot of them Ha Ha !!!  But the word is how ever you see it !!!!  Thanks for pictures and info !!!

2 hours ago, Michigan No Till said:

Not bent at all..

Just done

Been heckled since I was a youngster.

Oliver's in deere country, made for a lot of fights right on the first day of kindergarten!!

Good show, whats more interesting to me is what did you go for? they are both desirable and a nice addition to any collection

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Well, as Fire Marshall Bill used to say on Living Color, "Lemme Tell ya sumpthin"

None of them ever did. 

I bought a D17 with the low side out of the PDer but seller knocked big bucks off because he thought it was a hand clutch! LMAO!

Lemme tell YA SUMPTIN"

TA s are wear items - its got a clutch and an sprague clutch dUdE😏. Nobody wants to repair them so they leave them out 

gears should last longer than what the AC gears lasted BUT a WD45 isn't built as strong as an H .......and then you got PTOs that fail on them and don't stand beside one on the forage blower WOT cuz some hot engine block pieces may hit ya when she throws a rod 🤪🤓🤣:huh: not rare ✔️

2 hours ago, MTO said:

None of them ever did. 

True story mto. When we bought our house 18 years ago. My new wife and I started a siding project the next year. I had to run do something that Saturday afternoon. Wife started to install some siding on end of house. Two old neighbor men pulled up lawn chairs and watched her. She wanted to hit them with hammer. 

• Haha 4
55 minutes ago, hillman said:

Good show, whats more interesting to me is what did you go for? they are both desirable and a nice addition to any collection

Lemme tell YA SUMPTIN"

TA s are wear items - its got a clutch and an sprague clutch dUdE😏. Nobody wants to repair them so they leave them out 

gears should last longer than what the AC gears lasted BUT a WD45 isn't built as strong as an H .......and then you got PTOs that fail on them and don't stand beside one on the forage blower WOT cuz some hot engine block pieces may hit ya when she throws a rod 🤪🤓🤣:huh: not rare ✔️

Hillman, you always bin a sharp knife here and dun me a few favors and I appreciate that.

ACs were always the "lesser xpensive" horses in the barn but they had some selling points.

I grew up with them which makes me bias.

I LOVE the comfort, to me anyhow, of the WD tractors.

An H , in my world were wagon pullers. 

Maybe a few Hs scattered on a blower too dunno.

BUT,  we cant deny the AC yranny failures and ta failures were  both operator caused.

Eh?

13 minutes ago, MTO said:

Hillman, you always bin a sharp knife here and dun me a few favors and I appreciate that.

ACs were always the "lesser xpensive" horses in the barn but they had some selling points.

I grew up with them which makes me bias.

I LOVE the comfort, to me anyhow, of the WD tractors.

An H , in my world were wagon pullers. 

Maybe a few Hs scattered on a blower too dunno.

BUT,  we cant deny the AC yranny failures and ta failures were  both operator caused.

Eh?

I am only giving you the gears cause I know we are good👍 I had a WD45  35 years ago and found it a really strong pulling thing for what its was . I like most of them and I appreicate different ways they built tractors back then in order for us to get modern good ones. I got a fancy for MInnie Mos just because they are build weird

42 minutes ago, hillman said:

I am only giving you the gears cause I know we are good👍 I had a WD45  35 years ago and found it a really strong pulling thing for what its was . I like most of them and I appreicate different ways they built tractors back then in order for us to get modern good ones. I got a fancy for MInnie Mos just because they are build weird

Haint never bin around a MM so no pinion there.

Everyone bin giving the gears lately.

Haint like i ask 4 it!  😟

I remember starting a thread on here on the estate auction where apperently the 706 didn't sell. Have noticed it on and off listed on tractorhouse since then. Someone on here had something to do with selling the guy the fwd front for it. 

I noticed it on this post and kinda knew it was the same 706 because it's the only one I had know to have a front end and be a gasser that was restored. So I guess that makes it rare in that sense

Had noticed a lot of IH's with add-on fwd front ends listed on tractorhouse. My only question/opinion is why in the world would anyone would put one on a gas tractor. Especially the six cylinder engines. They barely had enough guts to turn two wheels let alone four

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, MTO said:

How you feeling now Mark? I saw the thread you started this morning that got deleted boxer-smiley.png is it fair to say you were wielding a sword ?lol it was a classic

On 9/3/2020 at 12:18 PM, bitty said:

I remember as a kid looking at a couple sales brochures my dad had of the 06 line up. They where probably 15 years old by then and thought that 1206 MFD looked really mean. To bad he isn’t taking care of it. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, 885 said:

I've never been around a fwa of this vintage so i gotta ask, how was the turning radius compared to a wide front 2wd

Not good

• Like 1

Cool tractors, I’d hate to need parts for that fwa 😬