Sweet looking 340 , other one good to can’t tell what model it is . 

Is the 340 a high clear? I assume thats what he is refering too?  I dont know how rare that makes it but not very common around here. 

Both look like nice tractors.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

old farmer not far from me who died had a 560 with front wheel drive at his estate sale

How much did it go for? 6 or 7 years ago I saw a guy selling just the FWA setup for the 560 for 7 or 8k I think it was. Too rich for my blood but cool.

A 706 FWA is rare in my book. Never seen one in person. I like the idea, but rare for us to get stuck... but when we do, yeesh.

34 minutes ago, Michigan No Till said:

706 gas with a front assist?

Find this in Michigan!

340 has a ta.

That seems rare also?

706 gas or diesel with FWA is not common I would agree.  A 340 with ta is not rare at all.

706 is cool with FWA don’t see them very often. My first thought of the 340 is that it is some kind of hi clear

• Like 1

nothing IH made is rare. - at least compared to other brands

I bet it takes 40 acres to turn that 706 around but its very cool

24 minutes ago, hillman said:

nothing IH made is rare. - at least compared to other brands

I bet it takes 40 acres to turn that 706 around but its very cool

I think the rare term gets thrown around a lot anymore. I would agree the 706 with the front wheel assist is not a common sight. I do think there are some iH tractors that could be considered rare,(certain setups, gold demos, etc). One that I laughed about though was when I bought our 1256 back on the sale earlier this year, The auctioneer had it listed in the sale bill as a rare getting hard to find model. There was two of those tractors sold two weeks after I bought that one and I think 15 for sale on tractor house at the time. Not exactly what I would call rare

• Like 1

the 340 is a regular old farmall model with an add on 3 pt and a wide front nothing special. Its  nice looking would be even nicer if it had the missing steering box cover and the white was the correct color. I do not see a pto lever and  has the small crank case driven pump so I am guessing it does not have live pto just the transmission driven one like a M I do not know how you can guess if it has a ta or not fairly typical 340.

2 hours ago, rcb said:

How much did it go for? 6 or 7 years ago I saw a guy selling just the FWA setup for the 560 for 7 or 8k I think it was. Too rich for my blood but cool.

A 706 FWA is rare in my book. Never seen one in person. I like the idea, but rare for us to get stuck... but when we do, yeesh.

no idea what it sold for, i wasnt at the auction but my understand is that did not turn worth a darn

3 hours ago, High Cotton said:

I think the word "rare" is over used.

Just like "hero"

I am not knocking either tractor or the thread but when it comes to IH rare means in the 100s or sometimes 1000s in existence so yeah like hero open for interpretation 

this is rare https://www.ebay.com/itm/IH-Antique-Motorized-Cultivator/262769343306 

this in my opinion is a rare brand of tractors Fitch Four Drive- 15 known to exist . my friend has one of them and they are worth a fortune done up

https://fitchfourdrive.wixsite.com/fitchfourdrive/existing-tractors

• Like 1

I have one of those front axles like that 340 I was going to put on one of the 230's I have to possibly put a loader I have on it. I need a stay ball socket and the steering arm that bolts on in place of the pedistal

I agree the 706 is not rare.  Rare to me would be something like less then 500 made and really more like 100.  A 1456 with the wheatland package plus the Coleman would be more rare then this 706.

4 hours ago, R190 said:

the 340 is a regular old farmall model with an add on 3 pt and a wide front nothing special.

I think it was just the way the picture was taken that made it look a little different but now you say it’s an add on wide front and looking at it again I would agree with you 

“Rare” is mostly in the eye of the beholder. What is common for one area may be very uncommon in another area. Don’t see many FWA in my area but do see several 706 gas machines. To me it’s worth what a 706 gasser is plus the cost of a FWA setup.  Is it factory original with provenance to prove it?  That might add value??

Well let's just tie MNT to a stake and burn his barn down for saying "rare"!!

He'd get less flack for saying n****r!

Geez......

• Like 2