Never again , Especially at my age.

My readings of the old west bars, the booze that was drank, the firearms that were carried, and the propensity of gunfire at said establishments and not the hooeywierd 15 paces and draw gunfights but back shooting and just plain draw and fire shootings with guys being blind drunk after 15 minutes, I think I would steer myself away when voices start to raise, I’ve seen ugly attitudes brew into ugly confrontations, and that is without the added threat of firearms, knives maybe.

• Like 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until i couldn't eat any more. Be home by 8...

Yup ! Obama was the racist revival president. EVERYTHING was racist according to him. Divide and conquer rather than unite and look forward 

Soon.I’m not to big on abusing  the social construct associated with breaking bread to push a point.Those people infuriate me. They are the first ones the left point to. Nothing like living down to a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, axial_al said:

Any kind of booze you could want....and loaded weapons laying around....what could possibly go 

👍

Racism in my life was at its height in the 60s and 70s.

It calmed progressively since even though the occasional incidents arose.

Then came the Obama years.

I saw the division begin then.

Then the racists began crying racism.

The party you attended pales in comparison to the events since the knee on the neck.

And until the rioters back off or our leaders grow a pair, your party experience will become the rebuttal.

• Like 5

More of a middle of the road guy

Not comfortable with the extremists right or left.

Never can be healing on the fringes.

No doubt I lean right but try to stay centered.

If I sound far right sometimes it's in response to far left and trying to balance them out. Everything in nature is constantly seeking a balance.

In response to the party, we have all those fixins here but the attitude and that puts the ketchup on the steak for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

More of a middle of the road guy

Not comfortable with the extremists right or left.

Never can be healing on the fringes.

No doubt I lean right but try to stay centered.

^ "Zactly!

Booze and guns and an extreme view = no good.

It seems the far left and perhaps the far right as well can't believe there can be other valid views too.

Only a couple of Trump or Biden signs in town but I've only seen a Trump sign vandalized. I came up behind a Jeep yesterday with FDT and all sorts of anti Trump slogans on the spare tire cover. As I pulled beside the driver at the stop light she was puffing heavily on a cigarette. I was tempted to say that her opinion had little value since she was too stupid to stop smoking but held my tongue. She certainly is entitled to her opinion but to express it so viciously says far left to me.

Why is it that lefties are the one who plaster all the political slogans and far left green deals on the back of their cars? Conservatives at the max may have Trump or an NRA sticker.

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, New Englander said:

^ "Zactly!

It seems the far left and perhaps the far right as well can't believe there can be other valid views too.

Only a couple of Trump or Biden signs in town but I've only seen a Trump sign vandalized. I came up behind a Jeep yesterday with FDT and all sorts of anti Trump slogans on the spare tire cover. As I pulled beside the driver at the stop light she was puffing heavily on a cigarette. I was tempted to say that her opinion had little value since she was too stupid to stop smoking but held my tongue. She certainly is entitled to her opinion but to express it so viciously says far left to me.

Why is it that lefties are the one who plaster all the political slogans and far left green deals on the back of their cars? Conservatives at the max may have Trump or an NRA sticker.

The only sticker my wife would put on her car, in the history of my knowing her, is a thin blue/red line sticker. She’s got an NRA membership but won’t put it on because of where she parks and the general attitude around here, I understand that. I won’t put political stickers on my anything for a multitude of reasons. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, MTO said:

Racism in my life was at its height in the 60s and 70s.

It calmed progressively since even though the occasional incidents arose.

Then came the Obama years.

I saw the division begin then.

Then the racists began crying racism.

The party you attended pales in comparison to the events since the knee on the neck.

And until the rioters back off or our leaders grow a pair, your party experience will become the rebuttal.

Yup ! Obama was the racist revival president. EVERYTHING was racist according to him. Divide and conquer rather than unite and look forward 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, New Englander said:

^ "Zactly!

Because they lack confidence in their beliefs 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I later found out there were known white supremacist and klan members there amongst the crowd

These fools do nothing to solve today’s problems.  Make them worse in fact . . . Gives the left wing wackos political ammunition.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I

There wasn't any specific  purpose that I knew of . 

Not every one there was a wackadoodle , just me . 

You described a screen from a Russian gang movie.  Was Boris the host?

Oh enough to get a dinner then prob same thing...slip out 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

No it’s to separate themselves from all the other people with save the earth and left wing political stickers all over their cars. Notice how many have something to say about individuality, but all can be painted with the same brush? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been awhile since I had crab legs. Stuffed my pockets full and nicely said something suddenly came up and hauled azz out of there. As said; bad combination of things under one roof.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

It's because I'm comfortable and confident in my beliefs that I don't have to proclaim and plaster them all over my tailboard.

Is that what you meant? That the left isn't that confident in their beliefs or did you mean that conservatives are not confident enough in their beliefs so they won't display slogans on their bumpers?

4 hours ago, Gearclash said:

These fools do nothing to solve today’s problems.  Make them worse in fact . . . Gives the left wing wackos political ammunition.  

Totally agree. 

7 hours ago, Dave Downs said:

How does that old story go?.....

20 Klan members meet in the woods, 17 undercover FBI agents and 2 ATF guys.....

Quoted to like again.👍🏻

• Like 1
1 hour ago, New Englander said:

It's because I'm comfortable and confident in my beliefs that I don't have to proclaim and plaster them all over my tailboard.

Is that what you meant? That the left isn't that confident in their beliefs or did you mean that conservatives are not confident enough in their beliefs so they won't display slogans on their bumpers?

No, liberals think everyone revolves around them and their beliefs and opinions. They don’t realize opinions are like a**holes and everyone has one

• Like 1
7 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

The only sticker

Ha! The only sticker I ever put on my car was my DDRA sticker in the vent window. You can tell that's from long ago as there haven't been vent windows for decades.

DDRA= Dunkin' Donuts Racing Association. One of the guys who was a printer did them up back when we gear heads hung out at the donuts shop. The sticker was just larger than business card sized and said DDRA Every night under the lights at beautiful Western Ave Speedway. You can beat our donuts but you can't beat our cars.

Western Ave is a wide street that runs right past WGBH in Boston. The start is a stop light at Harvard Ave, which runs right by Harvard stadium, and the end of the quarter mile was at a mailbox at the Pepsi plant. There's no way you could race there today but 50 years ago we burned a lot of rubber.

Back to topic😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Odbama never went to Ferguson, that’s told me a lot about his character 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Odbama never went to Ferguson, that’s told me a lot about his character 

Don’t forget- “ the police acted stupidly” , when asked about the police officers who arrested the guy for breaking into a house, yes it was his own house, but he failed to provide an ID, yet somehow it’s the police officers fault🤯

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed a language change on the political signs this cycle?

So and so "sucks"

No more "bulls*(t"

insert name "f'd up our state"

im no naive schoolboy, or an old man,  but, it seems way out of place and most people seem at ease with it.   just sort of disappointing

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

No, liberals think everyone revolves around them and their beliefs and opinions. They don’t realize opinions are like a**holes and everyone has one

I was at a get together among a bunch of close friends. About evenly split between left and right. By the time that night was over ….They ALL think everyone revolves around them!  😝🤐😵