98075B8F-075B-42F5-B3EF-745A34C90368.thumb.jpeg.b4bf7bb67165503fe7e47ec17301514a.jpegSome ask for pictures. They poured the footings and floor this morning!

08DA7696-9191-430F-9938-664BFC375839.thumb.jpeg.b7dc72f56351edb66a9130ca6550736a.jpeg
4D6A7F31-D48B-494F-A0B5-EE0888ED78C0.thumb.jpeg.b9d8c0c3620140d810965ff98e574823.jpeg

F842DAC5-A71E-4FFA-9551-8DC4D7985E7D.thumb.jpeg.4e167021a6586cf9a97235707737c75b.jpeg

plus we have some progress on the house.

Rick

• Like 6

Looking very nice OT and glad you gave the missus a break from siding. She is doing a enviable job😃

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Looking very nice OT and glad you gave the missus a break from siding. She is doing a enviable job😃

Yep, all it took was some expert supervision on my part🤣!

Rick

• Haha 2

Most of the times, no, ALL of the times I ever poured, there were concrete "experts" from around the hood standing in the road critiquing the mix/forms/depth/subgrade/finishing tools/troweling techniques etc. etc. etc.

And not once, ONCE, did ever one of them get as much as a smidgeon of concrete on them. 

Nice size platform you got there OT. 

3 hours ago, MTO said:

Most of the times, no, ALL of the times I ever poured, there were concrete "experts" from around the hood standing in the road critiquing the mix/forms/depth/subgrade/finishing tools/troweling techniques etc. etc. etc.

And not once, ONCE, did ever one of them get as much as a smidgeon of concrete on them. 

24X54 Mark.

Rick

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MTO said:

LOL only comments I made were noting the differences between what they were doing and how we did it when I worked concrete the spring of 74. Still hard work but much nicer tools and materials today.

The kid in the one picture is my great nephew. The 2 in 3rd picture are both Nephews. The one in the hoodie is also the kids dad and the concrete contractor.

Rick

your ground was a little more solid than mine was when i poured a garage/shop floor about 6 weeks ago.truck went down so that the pumpkins were dragging in the dirt about 5" but never spun a tire getting in or out of there

IMG_20200722_080129894.jpg

IMG_20200722_084238516.jpg

• Like 1

Pad looks good. Too bad you need lumber now with prices higher than usual 😒. Can you print any building parts out of plastic? 😁

• Haha 2

Nice looking area of the country as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

went down so that the pumpkins were dragging in the dirt about 5" but never spun a tire getting in or out of there

those pushers are the norm here last 10 years, seem to get stuck less 50%

and < 30% of those need recovery vs little help

14 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

your ground was a little more solid than mine was when i poured a garage/shop floor about 6 weeks ago.truck went down so that the pumpkins were dragging in the dirt about 5" but never spun a tire getting in or out of there

IMG_20200722_080129894.jpg

IMG_20200722_084238516.jpg

I left ruts like that in a guy's backyard one afternoon. Smallest my company would batch was a half yard, which is what I had on, guy was pouring a concrete back porch, bought special concrete dye to color the concrete to match his light brown house. He put ALL the dye in the first truck. My half yard was to finish from the VERY COLD joint to the end and corner of the porch that he came up short for some reason, with GRAY concrete. I took a quarter yard back to town.  I hope he jack-hammered that mess out before it got too hard and repoured it!  Back then concrete was around $50/yard, contractors were $45/yard for some mixes.