Jump to content

But it's a "dry" heat


Recommended Posts

I don't know about you guys but I am ready for Fall and the cooler temps it brings. 

 

It was just plain hot here yesterday

 

131450623_codysign262.jpg.acf9d491c5b1b3d5da74516c06810071.jpg

 

It was a bit cooler today so hoping "Fall is in the air"

 

73128000_codysign183.thumb.jpg.1cb30c48464353e04eadbca5ebf80a00.jpg

 

Anyone else with me or do you like the warmer summer temps???ūüėď

cody sign.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

....it's raining here, Jeff...if that makes you feel cool........!!!!....I will be 'cool ' shifting the electric fence  , :)...for the "Black Lives that   Matter ""

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mike newman said:

....it's raining here, Jeff...if that makes you feel cool........!!!!....I will be 'cool ' shifting the electric fence  , :)...for the "Black Lives that   Matter ""

Mike

Would that be a 220 volt fence ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They say on the church signs, "You think it`s hot here?!"

Thot they were referencing he!!, not Cody.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FARMALL FIXER said:

Would that be a 220 volt fence ?

We run several electric  fence "breaks " in   fodder/brassica crops through the winter...........we use several   solar units, rather than (car )  battery  powered units.....(heavy   damm   things )...

..these units show between   6.5 and   8 KVA    at the testing point...(anywhere along the lines ...)......that....is enough to make your eyes water, should perchance an errant body part touch the line.....even with gum boots it will kick......although, generally, every thing is wet...good conductor !!

Dairy  farms run   mains line throughout the farms....via   a unit in a central shed......not 240 volts though.....:rolleyes:...,,It is always a curse working an excavator on a diary farm...sooner  or later...you dig up a mains  electric fence line....

Mike

Link to post
Share on other sites

39* here this morning. It was plenty chilly and had me wishing I had a cab tractor to cut beans. Back into the high 90s Wednesday. 

1333146C-7521-479C-A809-564F465911FE.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had first frost here this morning 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice here today. Started out cool 51 maybe? Got to 79 or 80. Very nice. I could take this year round

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely despise summer and humidity.¬† Doesn't help I sweat like a whore in church. Makes my summers miserable. The other morning I was rebuilding hydraulic cylinders on a loader. It was overcast and 71¬į. By 7:30am I was almost completely soaked. I wasn't working that hard and it wasn't hot by any means but it was humid as can be.¬†

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WishIhada1466 said:

I absolutely despise summer and humidity.¬† Doesn't help I sweat like a whore in church. Makes my summers miserable. The other morning I was rebuilding hydraulic cylinders on a loader. It was overcast and 71¬į. By 7:30am I was almost completely soaked. I wasn't working that hard and it wasn't hot by any means but it was humid as can be.¬†

Betting you miss the lower humidity of Nebraska at least the Northern and western parts. 

Nothing worse than having sweat running down your "sitter splitter" first thing in the morning.¬†ūüėď

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hardtail said:

Had first frost here this morning 

We have 33 in the forecast for a week from Tuesday.

I'm ready.

Maybe kill off the damn flies that are so bad on the cattle this time of year

And tired of cleaning bugs off that 2 acre windshield on the KW.ūüėĄ

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Betting you miss the lower humidity of Nebraska at least the Northern and western parts. 

Nothing worse than having sweat running down your "sitter splitter" first thing in the morning.¬†ūüėď

You have no idea. That's why everytime I go on vacation in the summer it is north and west of Misery. The more elevation and drier the climate the better. Summers never bothered me much up there. Yeah it got hot but it wasn't drown the boys humid. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WishIhada1466 said:

You have no idea. That's why everytime I go on vacation in the summer it is north and west of Misery. The more elevation and drier the climate the better. Summers never bothered me much up there. Yeah it got hot but it wasn't drown the boys humid. 

I was born in Missouri and lived my whole life here and i'm still not used to the summertime heat and humidity. The older i get the closer to the shop i stay, when it gets oppressive ,at least i can turn  the fan on in there. Fall has always been my favorite time of year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...