3. First lasted 5 1/2 years. I didn’t know we had a problem until she came home and said she was pregnant and I knew it wasn’t mine. Second 8 months and that was 7 1/2 too long. This one we have been together 16 years. Married 14 of them. We got married horseback. Can’t say it’s all been blissful but I sure can’t imagine life without her!!

How many of your wives teach you to shoot a handgun, and unload 700 little square bales while all you can do is watch? By the way I knew I was hooked when she enjoyed the Hank Thompson concert as much as I did. 

• Like 5
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still on the first one .... 50 years come April. 

Just missed 51 years on 10-29-2018--we were neighbor kids--I knew her for 65 years.  Just going thru the hardest 22 months of my life.  We are in central Michigan--our families were neighbors in NE In

On our 25th some years ago, kids decided we needed a family picture.  The photographer told us two older kids (wife and I ) to sit down in front.  We started out a little young but      I didn't think

Posted Images

ON 3rd been married 17 years.  Told her then I got hitched and remined her of being hitched every so often.

• Like 3

I got married to my first in 2002, we were together for three years prior, nine months after she moved out. Something definitely changed when I put that ring on her finger. At the time I told people she was defective and the warranty took her back but I was young and immature also, lesson learned. 

I married my wife on Valentine's day 2004 and have been together since. She was married before to and had a six year old daughter who I later adopted, We added two more together. We both home that we needed the first marriage to learn what not to do.

• Like 4

only 1

41 years on 9/15

divorce not an option ,,,death by Lodge cast iron well.:rolleyes:

Mike

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Yesterday was my grandparents 52 wedding anniversary. Today would be my great grandparents (grandmas parents) 79th anniversary. Great grandma was married on her birthday she would be 98 today, she passed in 2009 Great Grandpa died in ‘86 so I never knew him unfortunately. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, FARMALL FIXER said:

Married 36 years to my High School sweetheart . 3 kids and 4 Grandkids later and still going strong .

1149199_618506634839507_762148474_o (1).jpg

SSTA01LUW1705-SSTA364077075.jpeg

Whos the kids in white? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, mader656 said:

One 10.5 years, only girl Ive ever dated, she's a saint stuck with me thru thick and thin and a few choice phrases I should never have said, im sure Jeff will fill you in....

Love her more now than then...

Isnt that the dorkiest thing?  I say that im more into her now than when we dated.  Look at her and think same thoughts....😉.  After while the lovey dovey kinda softens and the respect increases.  Which makes the all in beyond love thing.... And that's better imho

Fwiw....i found a top 50 cheesy pickup lines list.  Been using em.on her last week.  Been good laughs and some nice kisses out of the deal!

You work at Little Ceasar?  You look hot n ready!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
6 hours ago, ole 815 said:

Well.....

1st time 8 years....

Took a break for 14 years or so....

2nd time, so far and still going, been about 10 years.

My wife now....she's my ex also...

WHAT DID HE SAY???🤔🤔

Lol... my close friend got gal pregnant when we were 19...  he married here a spicey part latina gal.  She calved in and they had a tough go (my 1st and her were friends so we hung out alot) both too immature.  She would puuuuush his buttons man.  He would snap a toss something etc.  No affairs kist high drama punk stuff.

They split up....had respectively decent relationship raising their girl.  After 10  years and few boyfriends and girlfriend or 2....they looked at each other an went wth?  We sit here and do everything like a couple.  Can't find anyone quite right to repalce one another so...boom they remarried had a tag along girl (22 yo and a 11 yo) and are just a great couple.  They both say they needed to grow up alot.  Just went for supper with them last week.  Just a blessing the Lord put them back together.

• Like 7

2. Everyone is entitled to one mistake right? Unfortunately it was a long miserable 16 year mistake. 

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Whos the kids in white? 

Yep that would be us , day 1 of 36 years thus far .

• Like 2

Three, Should of known better with the first one. lasted 14 loooooooong years. I finally wised up' Never have been a fast learner.  Second one was great  14 years again. Lost her to colon cancer twenty years ago. Always wanted me to find guys for her unmarried girlfriends. Always wanted to be a match maker. Before she died she Told her best friend that I would need a good woman, same time she was asking me which one of her girlfriends would I marry. I said if it ever happened it would be her best friend Susie. Well she finally made a good match. Been married to Susie for nineteen and a half years and counting. All three wives were on the same page of the high school yearbook. Always tell everyone if the second one was like the first one there wouldn't be a third one.

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

Three, Should of known better with the first one. lasted 14 loooooooong years. I finally wised up' Never have been a fast learner.  Second one was great  14 years again. Lost her to colon cancer twenty years ago. Always wanted me to find guys for her unmarried girlfriends. Always wanted to be a match maker. Before she died she Told her best friend that I would need a good woman, same time she was asking me which one of her girlfriends would I marry. I said if it ever happened it would be her best friend Susie. Well she finally made a good match. Been married to Susie for nineteen and a half years and counting. All three wives were on the same page of the high school yearbook. Always tell everyone if the second one was like the first one there wouldn't be a third one.

That’s a heck of a story.

I attended a rural school. Sometimes I think the girls got together in Home Ec class( or Sunday School) and just divvied us up.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

One. And only one regardless what happens 😂

Long as you don't bring up painting!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, MTO said:

1979 blonde lasted one year.

1981 brunette lasted 26 years.

2005 red head  and as of this morning she is still here.

Variety is the spice of life.

are the dates correct?

Its 41 years with the first,and she still does not have me fully trained. Says the contract was for 50 years with her having a renewal clause,then she will decide if we extend it. I sure hope so as I don't know about being able to learn to much more if I was to be trained again. Beside we just found out we have a 5th grand kid coming we have spoil to get even with are kids.

• Like 7

...married to young.......hung in for 17 yrs.......remained on reasonable terms...(my life was about burning diesel......not her thing....)

......Got a real good second hand woman...been together  for 40 years now..........and I don't burn the diesel like the first round.....and she does  not mind firearms or ancient tractors.......so its all good..

Mike

• Like 7

Had 2. First one lasted 17months and moved out - it was an acrimonious split and I reckon the winners were the lawyers grrrr. 2nd one has hung in there for 31 yrs so I cant be too bad lol.

• Like 5

One and only one. 43 years next June. Only date I ever had. 

• Like 10

Two. First one we were way too young. She was a very city girl. That relationship didn't survive AIDS - Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome. We didn't have all that much in common after the glow burned off anyway so it was a short-lived, no-fault split. There was nothing wrong with her at all, we just weren't right for each other.

26 years on #2 and it will be the last. She's the greatest. Not afraid to try anything and an all around great girl. She was in the aviation business so knew what she was getting into. We've two great kids, one an Ivy grad, the other a USCGA grad out patrolling the ocean somewhere.

• Like 7
16 hours ago, MTO said:

1979 blonde lasted one year.

1981 brunette lasted 26 years.

2005 red head  and as of this morning she is still here.

Variety is the spice of life.

Ur math isn’t adding up here ... have some overlap? That might explain a number of things, not the least of which is the haggard, bitter demeanor you often present...

• Like 1

Only one!

I always said it would be a cold day in he!! when I got married.

It was 30 below in December, 30 years ago this year.

I think I will keep her!

• Like 9