On 9/4/2020 at 8:52 AM, new guy said:

Everyone starts somewhere. This is what we had and what we have now. Just takes a few bucks and a lot of work. Scored a lot of used pavers for cheap to free off craigslist. FYI there are a couple diferent sized pavers out there so measure when you are stock piling for your project if you are cheap like me...lets just say i have enough extra to replace the busted up sidewalk around my house with pavers.

20180801_134656.jpg

20190629_070339.jpg

When I come to visit, I`m sitting in the yard cause if I spill something on that.... Lord help me!

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, new guy said:

Everyone starts somewhere. This is what we had and what we have now. Just takes a few bucks and a lot of work. Scored a lot of used pavers for cheap to free off craigslist. FYI there are a couple diferent sized pavers out there so measure when you are stock piling for your project if you are cheap like me...lets just say i have enough extra to replace the busted up sidewalk around my house with pavers.

20180801_134656.jpg

20190629_070339.jpg

That is really awesome....and a lot of work!  Digging out the sod and dirt for my retaining wall along with trying to get the 1st layer level was very time consuming.  I assume you used some type of power plate compactor?  I'd think that would be a must to keep your pavers from settling.  For now I just filled our seating area around the fire pit with pea gravel so getting the fill dirt level and compacted wasn't as important.  I had to cut each of the cap stones on my retaining wall to make the curve and get everything to fit properly.  I used a masonry blade on my old SkilSaw circular saw.  For anymore than what I did I think I'd want an actual masonry saw.

Cut into the bank with the loader on my 1086. Used almost a whole load of crushed rock for the base. Packed with a plate packer. 1" sand layer under the pavers(too deep and they can rock). Lay the pavers, spread some polymeric sand and run the plate packer over it again. Blow the extra sand off with a leaf blower then wet the area down a couple times. For the pavers i have a diamond blade in my chopsaw.For the capstones i started with a diamond blade on my skilsaw but finished up with a quickie saw( much faster but easier to screw up).

Not a weekend project....

5 hours ago, new guy said:

20180801_134656.jpg

20190629_070339.jpg

That’s an impressive area of landscaping!!! You should be proud of that!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

7 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

That’s an impressive area of landscaping!!! You should be proud of that!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thank you. 1st and last one i will build..LOL

• Haha 1