Farmall Land realizations

My son and I made the trek to Iowa on Friday and went to Jerry’s Wonderland on Saturday morning. 
I do NOT intend to take anything away from his collection and the countless hours of work he and his family have done to put together a FANTASTIC collage of IH History. But, the thing that hit me the hardest as I looked at all of the different examples of IH, literally catering to each customer with this special option here or this variety here—-no wonder they went under. They had their hands in everything! Heck, the blacktop chipper he has had a fuel pump on it the size of a small Volvo!

its amazing to me because I do see and appreciate pretty tractors. In IH case, I also see the engineering, the testing, the retooling, the assembly line changes, the technology changes needed to make EVERY SINGLE MODEL. It’s mind boggling to think of in my opinion.
So, if someone here knows him or the man himself is, Thanks Jerry and Joyce. Luke talked about what you guys have put together for 650 miles, and I’ll think of it for many more.

466A7011-0BDB-498F-8975-47DA6EC998FE.jpeg

2C40326C-637B-4852-9EA2-E2D533320F29.jpeg

CCE12882-284C-4405-BE0C-AC7EDF8999C6.jpeg

B0D249D0-E5C5-421E-847E-6FADA897875C.jpeg

94707439-E3FA-47B4-A0BA-565858CC2BCD.jpeg

5D1BA81B-D861-47AB-BE2A-614847DF61C4.jpeg

3F9E0E22-90D2-44C0-953E-B27EEEBBD4AC.jpeg

2CD18089-FD8A-40A3-8CEC-C3A6D9909508.jpeg

259F3944-E826-4341-A82B-4FBAAF7F9EA6.jpeg

4AEF89B8-1F96-4609-8348-6906AFB5D419.jpeg

6A72CB78-C8E6-4D9F-BB28-8255BDEFF1F6.jpeg

2930E7E3-0006-461A-AE21-FC1932845940.jpeg

6E6F9A3A-9721-4ACC-AD45-C556F5792F10.jpeg

100B4274-0FA7-4A6A-9C2E-FFD1880BD64A.jpeg

83AED5DF-B947-4660-A636-1F701BD6E950.jpeg

DBE1E63D-FDB5-472D-BE25-42E2EA843106.jpeg

• Like 12
14 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

The first AND last tractors they ever built under one roof.......amazing!

They weren’t there this weekend- he had them on “loan”, and must have been a pretty substantial rate to loan those from the places they kept them in a warehouse. 🙄🙄. big huge bummer, but everything else he has the makes up for it.

Cool place. I’m curious to know if business picked up since he decided to retire or if there were always that many people in there? Either way it’s really neat to see someone take the initiative to do that. Next stop is Leesburg Fl. 
after that I’ll win the powerball and it’ll be in DUff Indiana!!!!

Personally, I believe CNH is missing a HUGE marketing opportunity here. So many people hang onto IH and are seeing Jerry’s museum, why not let him keep it until the end? It’s not like most of the people going through there might,possibly, still consider buying your products? It’s not like this is a target store closing up and you setting the last and first tractor There!??

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

The first AND last tractors they ever built under one roof.......amazing!

503 was the first Farmall sold. Nowhere near the first tractor IH built. Lots of Moguls, Titans, and others were before that. 

My son and were there when they opened Saturday morning by 10:30 it was really crowded! Parking lot was full and people were parking along to south side of the buildings.

2 minutes ago, kal said:

My son and were there when they opened Saturday morning by 10:30 it was really crowded! Parking lot was full and people were parking along to south side of the buildings.

We were there then. Left around noon Iowa time. The put the 03 duramax in the wind East on I-80.  Stayed at the motel 6 Overnight. It was crowded for sure, but everyone was super polite it seemed to me

Everyone there was very pleasant and cheerful.  They were there to enjoy the history and the collection of a lifetime.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My buddy and I met up at FARMALL LAND 9 AM this morning. Parking lot was empty when I pulled in about 8:30. By about 10-10:30 I was getting hot & sweaty, so many people walking around, still a line outside the door coming in.

Yes, Jerry closing has been great for business,  just really sad a collection of a lifetime will soon be scattered to the highest bidder.

I'd looked at the website a couple times,  I knew there were some tractors with really nice paint jobs there, but all of them were really nice.

I did tell Jerry there was one thing IH made he was missing. And he agreed, an IH #5 endgate seeder.  He said he'd seen some at auctions but no way to haul them home, or couldn't stay to see them sell.

And NO, MAX ARMSTRONG hasn't been there yet.  

• Like 1

Some literature exists on why IH went under, lots of small reasons but they all added up to one final result.  Start a search and you'll find many different posts.

Nice photos.  Thanks for documenting it for those who can't get there in person. 

5 minutes ago, drglinski said:

Some literature exists on why IH went under, lots of small reasons but they all added up to one final result.  Start a search and you'll find many different posts.

Nice photos.  Thanks for documenting it for those who can't get there in person. 

I can send more if any wants some. Didn’t want to be the creeper posting too many.

Just now, zleinenbach said:

I can send more if any wants some. Didn’t want to be the creeper posting too many.

No such thing as too many photos on this forum IMO. 

• Like 5

wife and I stopped in at door opening Fri morning of RP weekend.  Didn't take long and it got busy but everyone was nice about it and were willing to talk. Agree that it can't be kept together. After we left , my wife asks many of those do we own or did own ?  After some thought ,,,,,,,,Only a few.   Of those that we did not own   ,,,Ive worked on....................... Let it be know that the 4300 was one of the few.😁

10 hours ago, drglinski said:

X2. I wanted to stop there during the trip for the June RPRU. We know how that turned out. I would love to see more pictures. I'll never see it in person.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 4:13 PM, zleinenbach said:

So, if someone here knows him or the man himself is,

My dad and I went for a weekend back in June. I wanted to meet Jerry (and did) we were talking to him for a bit and he invited us into his office to visit. He was very nice and I’m glad we had the chance to talk. 

I posted a bunch of pics here after we went. Really just for the people who couldn’t go could see what it was like. There are pics that you showed here that I didn’t take there so thank you for posting. There is so much to see!!

4 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

My dad and I went for a weekend back in June. I wanted to meet Jerry (and did) we were talking to him for a bit and he invited us into his office to visit. He was very nice and I’m glad we had the chance to talk. 

I posted a bunch of pics here after we went. Really just for the people who couldn’t go could see what it was like. There are pics that you showed here that I didn’t take there so thank you for posting. There is so much to see!!

I guarantee I’d go back tomorrow and take 100 different ones!!!! Jerry can put his head on the pillow knowing he put together one heck of a display together!

going on a limb here but will offer my thoughts and prayers to him and his family. The next few weeks will surely be hard to watch for him 

18 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

I guarantee I’d go back tomorrow and take 100 different ones!!!! Jerry can put his head on the pillow knowing he put together one heck of a display together!

going on a limb here but will offer my thoughts and prayers to him and his family. The next few weeks will surely be hard to watch for him 

X2 totally agree. I can’t imagine letting go of all that when you’ve worked so many years...... but then again he is 80 and may want to move on so him and the wife can enjoy themselves and family. I never really asked about it but when we were there Jerry was asked more than once which ones he will be keeping and he said he didn’t know. I bet he will keep a 1206 (his favorite) and that 650 that his FIL owned and it’s in original paint since the 70’s. But who knows, it’ll be interesting what goes where.