• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been running hard all week. We are three weeks ahead of last year. Going smooth, but the corn isn't the best. We are happy to take what the Lord has blessed us with though. Life on the farm is good!

We started this past weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates for the next 3 weeks

Posted Images

One field I checked today I was getting 13.3  tons per acre. Then at the end of the day we chopped 4.4 acres and got 5 1/3 (16 ton) loads off of it

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

@ChrisNY is it kinda poor yield this season?  Looks a little short

Below normal. Planted the first 400 acres in the snow in May, Then turned hot and dry. No rain from June 1 to mid July. Plant is short but ears are decent. Been around 18-19 ton so far

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Especially if they are hauling with a Mule!

Lost transmission out of one of the trucks on the 1st day, told one of the kids he better start hauling with the Kubota so he jumped in line and hauled load back to bunk. 😆

192F8E65-32EE-4D7E-8D9C-DEC45642D945.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

Lost transmission out of one of the trucks on the 1st day, told one of the kids he better start hauling with the Kubota so he jumped in line and hauled load back to bunk. 😆

192F8E65-32EE-4D7E-8D9C-DEC45642D945.jpeg

At least your Kubota has a cab for that. Lol

we hauled a load with my Kubota and I don't have a cab. The view this morning of the pile before we covered it. We only chopped some of our dryer stuff and put it in top end of the haylage bunker so that we can feed that while we're chopping in the corn bunker. Second one is a pass for access to install a hunting blind 

IMG_20200902_071249138.jpg

1599063182974-1082804565.jpg

• Like 4

Using the 4366 on the bunk?

6 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

Using the 4366 on the bunk?

No. It's parked after I lost all brakes and survived to tell about it ..... Steep hill,  massive acceleration, turned into hayfield at high speed, and possibly soiled pants were involved 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3
4 minutes ago, bitty said:

No. It's parked after I lost all brakes and survived to tell about it ..... Steep hill,  massive acceleration, turned into hayfield at high speed, and possibly soiled pants were involved 

Lol. Understandable

9 hours ago, bitty said:

Winter project. Huh?

@bitty You said it’s dry? What’s the moisture in it? If compared with a normal year, how’s it compare ? 
I talked with one of the boss’ this morning and he said 26 tons to the acre? But he didn’t tell me how wet... idk as it sounded high to me🤯

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

@bitty You said it’s dry? What’s the moisture in it? If compared with a normal year, how’s it compare ? 
I talked with one of the boss’ this morning and he said 26 tons to the acre? But he didn’t tell me how wet... idk as it sounded high to me🤯

Ground conditions are (were) extremely dry , corn was in the 60-70% range . 

BUT we have seemed to have had the weather pattern switched on us as we got rain Tuesday night, Wednesday and Wednesday night, Thursday off and on showers . 1 1/4+"  so far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We started the big pile today. Last Tuesday we had the dealer look at our chopper and they determined that our camshaft is going :( . Thursday they brought a rental for while they are working on ours. It's a newer one then ours so I had a little bit to figure out. Friday we chopped 5th cutting. This is a 950 so we had to move a gearbox and add a drive coupler in place of the driveshaft. 

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Gearclash said:

What engine does your 870 have in it?

Mercede$ Benz LM 457 straight 6. Has about 2k hours since complete new engine as we had a cracked block and a crankshaft that we think broke in half at the middle main journal

Well that's a letdown.  I usually figure I-6 engines are pretty long lived compared to V-8s in applications like this but that must not always be the case.  I know some people did get real fed up with the V-8 in the 900s when they were newer.  One guy ripped his Benz V-8 out and stuffed a C18 Cat  back in.  My brother has been getting along good with the V-8 in his 880.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:21 PM, cride383 said:

20200912_113626.jpg

Sharp 806!! I spy an RD pump! Looks like a early one with the generator. Even has the 2pt hitch. -nice!

Should have the "FARMALL" side badges, how'd it get the "INTERNATIONAL"?

8 hours ago, ST-470 said:

Sharp 806!! I spy an RD pump! Looks like a early one with the generator. Even has the 2pt hitch. -nice!

Should have the "FARMALL" side badges, how'd it get the "INTERNATIONAL"?

Thank you yes it is a very early 806 it also has the short hydraulic levers and originally clam shell fenders.  As far as the badges they were on it when we bought it  just never changed them 

12 year old George liked the day off hauling by himself. We did around 1400 tons today. I need to figure out how to read cutterhead hours on this machine to do some for the neighbor. Sorry I don't get any good pictures while I am chopping

IMG_20200915_142742391.jpg

IMG_20200915_142743645.jpg

IMG_20200915_120407720_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200915_120256787_TOP.jpg

IMG_20200915_120310841.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ny bill o said:

a field I was chopping on Monday.

KIMG0005.thumb.JPG.61833507bc5ef00e2e5dae9cd7339eaf.JPG

That’s nice looking corn, Bill. We started here at home yesterday but I’m not taking pictures of it. Pretty short and dried down pretty hard with the lack of rain. Running in the 10-12 ton an acre range which isn’t where I wanted it to be. Oh well. 

• Like 1

We finished up last Sunday night. Here are a couple more pictures 

DB74EE29-62B7-4A62-8E3C-36C42DDD6417.jpeg

F358F409-B0F9-4E6A-961E-F8A09B532102.jpeg

A7F68E00-E0BF-449B-A6C0-D740437CA7C8.jpeg

• Like 6