A little concrete pour with our 114 year old mixer

19 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

A wood fired brick pizza oven is on my list! That’s awesome!!! 

I have a buddy just below Saratoga that has a brick pizza oven in his backyard.  He has a pizza party every fall. He builds the fire the night before the party.  It is a VERY well attended party!

If you build a pizza oven I will volunteer Orin, Sid, and myself for “Quality Control Tasting” purposes!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Mine is a Sears and Roebuck. My uncle bought it used some time in the 70’s I think. I purchased it from him recently and cleaned it up a little bit. New belt and knocked the scale off the tank. Painted the outside. Everyone said I was silly to do that so I asked if they wanted to use a wheel barrow and shovel to mix it for me?  Funny thing is.....I had no takers.....sissies. 

158F230B-6AD8-4883-9378-31D125264E54.jpeg

0D347C0F-A595-4F1B-BCA5-2DB3A6693895.jpeg

Same one I got!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_Belt_Company

More info on Chain belt . Seems they were like IH in that they made rifles during WWII. Also, howitzers and anti aircraft guns.  How many other companies are still around after 100 + years?  I have an old Essick gas powered mixer from the 60's, I think. I bought it for one job, but have used it a lot since then.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I have a buddy just below Saratoga that has a brick pizza oven in his backyard.  He has a pizza party every fall. He builds the fire the night before the party.  It is a VERY well attended party!

If you build a pizza oven I will volunteer Orin, Sid, and myself for “Quality Control Tasting” purposes!!!

I’ll certainly keep you posted! We will have a big ass party when the COVID goes away!