Went to crank my TD15C and starter just free spun like an electric motor. Tapped on starter with hammer handle and engine turned over a couple times then starter spun again and now thats all it does is spin. Looks like 3 bolts hold starter on but holy crap how do you get to one beside engine and on bottom? And when I eventually get it off do you rebuild or can you get a new one from napa or kamatsu etc?

Use a long extension for your socket. Should be no problem to get a rebuilt or have yours rebuilt. I changed one out in the dead of a Minnesota winter outside, only thing warm was the pickup.

DWF

If it's anything like my 20, first thing is a lot of cleaning...then what DWF said, be mindful it may have 12pt headed bolts, I always had them rebuilt but we have a top notch rebuilder close.  

I replaced the starter on my 1973 IH 500C.     If you can get sockets on the bolts as others suggested, that would be easiest.   

I had trouble removing the starter bolts with a socket, extensions, and a ratchet.    There were collars on the starter that prevented the sockets from attaching to the bolts.    I eventually got the bolts removed using small box wrenches.     Each of the 3 bolts required gaining access from completely different angles.       Smaller wrenches work better.           There is a gap behind my track that let me access the starter bolts from a lower angle to get to the bolt in the rear.           It took a lot of trial and error to be able to get the wrench on the heads and also be in a spot with enough clearance to loosen the bolt.    

Good luck.