My 886 currently uses a mid-mount 3 spool valve for loader control. This valve body leaks by and lets the loader settle. I would like to move loader control to the auxiliary valves and do away with the mid-mount valve, PTO pump, hoses, and levers. The remote auxiliary valves have a float position in them, can this be disabled or bypassed? I don't want a float position on this loader. If not, I tend to build some handle extensions for them and can work in some "stops" that prevent the handle from going into float. General thoughts on this?

13 minutes ago, snoshoe said:

86 series should have flip out float stops in quadrant.

It does, but they seem to be pretty loose and may move while driving over rough hay grounds or feeding grounds, I would rather have something more permanent. Can the float be disabled at the valve?

8 hours ago, snoshoe said:

If you don't trust the stops. A bolt 2 washers and a nut in slot would be easier than messing with valve.

Gotcha, I better keep it simple then. Was hoping for a quick fix at the valve but will go the safer route.

I've never found "accidentally" putting the loader into float to be an issue. Most of the time I'm feathering the control anyway, not even getting to position detent, let alone past that into float.

Things may be different for you, though. I'm interested to find out if it really is an issue for you or if you are trying to fix a problem before you know if it's an issue.

I run all my loaders off the tractor remotes, including a n 886. If you have too much slop in the levers, rebuild the linkage. It's not that hard to do. Thx-AceĀ 

On 8/31/2020 at 5:28 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

I've never found "accidentally" putting the loader into float to be an issue. Most of the time I'm feathering the control anyway, not even getting to position detent, let alone past that into float.

Things may be different for you, though. I'm interested to find out if it really is an issue for you or if you are trying to fix a problem before you know if it's an issue.

Used the loader quite a bit the last couple days. I'm actually enjoying the float now. Way faster down that way. Still concerned that I or one of the kids may hit it and drop the loader at a bad time though. I do think snowshoe was correct and the flip out stops will be enough, just need to tighten them up.

What is a problem though is going into full position detent all the time. When I build the lever extensions I will incorporate a trigger mechanism that will lock out full detent in the forward position unless I pull in on the trigger. The "lever lock out plates" will disappear at the same time too.

Other than that I just have to get use to the slow internal pump compared to the big PTO pump, after all it's just an old tractor for an 80 acre hobby ranch.