For the truck drivers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am gonna have to go against you on this one. Not necessarily the drivers fault. Blame the insurance companies and the bean counters that think limiting a truck to 62, 63 or 65 mph is safe and saving

Drivers like you are the reason some truck drivers turn into jackasses. Trying to save 3 effing seconds passing me when there’s barely enough room just so that when you get ahead of me you can stomp o

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MarkG said:

4E3A3059-44C4-4663-9EC3-7688A7E8753F.jpeg

Doggone it I would help this gal strap THEM down!

7 minutes ago, MarkG said:

1CC8B3ED-1D27-4380-AAA0-09F1A75C1752.jpeg

Doggone Vette drive should have been paying closer attention to the truck driver backing up on the interstate!

Richard, I hope we never meet, either in person or on the roadway. You take a couple incidents from your life and use them to judge an entire profession. 
Have a good day, and stay safe. 

2 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

1CC8B3ED-1D27-4380-AAA0-09F1A75C1752.jpeg

Doggone Vette drive should have been paying closer attention to the truck driver backing up onthe interstate!

More likely should have been watching the road in front of them instead of their phone. Probably Snapchat-ing a friend about how fast the Corvette will go. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

More likely should have been watching the road in front of them instead of their phone. Probably Snapchat-ing a friend about how fast the Corvette will go. 

No, he was b!tching on here about how trucks always cut him off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

No, he was b!tching on here about how trucks always cut him off. 

Earlier this month I was on the way to Huron SD to go to Red Power Roundup. Driving my Ford Excursion, which although bigger than most cars is still a passenger vehicle. A couple ladies in another vehicle pulled up to my rear bumper in the left lane (I was in the right lane) and just hung out there. After a few miles I slowed down hoping they would pass. They slowed down too. We were coming up on some slower traffic so I accelerated and got in the left lane to pass. When I got ahead of traffic and moved back to the right lane they came right back to my left rear corner. After a few more miles of this I accelerated to 5 mph over the speed limit hoping to lose them. They followed me again, so I pulled into the left lane. They switched to my right rear corner. My passengers (about my age) asked if I was going to pull over as they didn’t like the vehicle hanging out there either. I thought about it, but opportunity presented itself. There were a couple vehicles coming up behind us (I had slowed down to 5 mph under the speed limit) and a slower truck ahead of us in the right lane. I pulled up just behind the truck and waited until the cars coming up from the rear had the ladies boxed in, then went back up to the speed limit and got out of there. It took a couple miles for the traffic behind me to clear out so the ladies could pass the truck and turn off at the next exit. So who was the ash hole here?  I gave them opportunity to both move on and stay behind. Morons drive all types of vehicles. But I’ve never had a truck do that to me. I did feel bad for using the truck as a blocker but didn’t hang around any longer than I really needed to. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

Earlier this month I was on the way to Huron SD to go to Red Power Roundup. Driving my Ford Excursion, which although bigger than most cars is still a passenger vehicle. A couple ladies in another vehicle pulled up to my rear bumper in the left lane (I was in the right lane) and just hung out there. After a few miles I slowed down hoping they would pass. They slowed down too. We were coming up on some slower traffic so I accelerated and got in the left lane to pass. When I got ahead of traffic and moved back to the right lane they came right back to my left rear corner. After a few more miles of this I accelerated to 5 mph over the speed limit hoping to lose them. They followed me again, so I pulled into the left lane. They switched to my right rear corner. My passengers (about my age) asked if I was going to pull over as they didn’t like the vehicle hanging out there either. I thought about it, but opportunity presented itself. There were a couple vehicles coming up behind us (I had slowed down to 5 mph under the speed limit) and a slower truck ahead of us in the right lane. I pulled up just behind the truck and waited until the cars coming up from the rear had the ladies boxed in, then went back up to the speed limit and got out of there. It took a couple miles for the traffic behind me to clear out so the ladies could pass the truck and turn off at the next exit. So who was the ash hole here?  I gave them opportunity to both move on and stay behind. Morons drive all types of vehicles. But I’ve never had a truck do that to me. I did feel bad for using the truck as a blocker but didn’t hang around any longer than I really needed to. 

Just gotta love stupid people!!! 

• Like 1

Driving HWY 83 at night, rural two lane, hilly, curvey but plenty of places to pass for a four wheeler. 

Headlights will come up on me like I just blew through a speed trap and local is lookin to pay his kids school lunch bill off in one stop. 

I am relieved to see it isn't LE but then they will just stay on my tail and will not pass. I can speed up, slow down, pull over on the shoulder. One time got down to 35mph before i said screw it and sped up. About half the time they will have their lights on bright. I either have to adjust my mirrors out (which I don't like doing) or lean over the arm rest towards the center of the cab so their lights arent shining in my eyes. 

It is like the back of my fuel transport is a stupid magnet and once it pulls them in it won't let them go. 

Not even going to join the argument about the professionalism of big truck drivers vs the assinine, inattentive, reckless, careless, law breaking, passing against the solid yellow line on hills and curves, not dimming your headlights till you see the whites of my eyes (which are more red than white for this very reason) cell phone texting, CD on the floor finding, boyfriend fighting, Lorenzo Llamas loving, worried about a pimple and prom is saturday, I think I'll wear my pink underwear on my date next friday, consarnate passenger car pilots. 

If you want to know how I feel pm me. 

Drive safe. The life you save may be mine. I've had it for 60 years now and have grown accustom to having it. 

And yes, I care about your life too and when you do something really stupid I will do everything in my power to keep the worst from happening.

Ya'll be safe out there. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

Richard, I hope we never meet, either in person or on the roadway. You take a couple incidents from your life and use them to judge an entire profession. 
Have a good day, and stay safe. 

Perhaps you are correct.

I have a plate in my neck C4 /C5 sublexation from an accident caused by an 18 wheeler.  Three (3) separate witness statements stated the truck driver cut me off and swerved in front of me, causing me to lose control of my vehicle, rolling the vehicle several times, and nearly killing me and three (3) of my four (4) children.  The oldest child I had just dropped off at youth baseball practice and was on my way to meet my wife for dinner with the other three (3) children.  I had an alcoholic beverage at my home prior to leaving and at the scene of the accident, a State Trooper performed a preliminary breathe test and showed NO signs of alcohol.  At the hospital, while in an unconscious state and in critical condition with a broken neck, a Sheriff's deputy drew blood approximately an hour and fifty five (1:55) after the accident and the test results indicated I had a .08 blood alcohol content.  I was ticketed for a DUI and three (3) counts of child endangerment.  Again, the investigating Highway Patrol officer had three (3) witness statements the truck driver caused the accident.  The truck driver left the scene of the accident and later returned with the owner of the trucking company.  My wife was telephoned and rushed to the hospital along with her sister to pick up my children.  My sister-in-law had the foresight to have the Highway Patrol investigating officer go to the owner of the semi and take photographs of the semi along with the still hooked up trailer.  There was evidence of paint from my vehicle on the trailer.  After I was released from the ICU in a well respected hospital, sitting at home in a soft neck brace, I became cross eyed.  I immediately telephoned my working wife who rushed home and transported me to the eye doctor and telephoned my personal physician.  An X-Ray was taken at my physicians office and compared to the X-Ray from the hospital and it was determined my neck had moved in the soft neck brace.  Emergency surgery was scheduled and doggone your good luck, the surgery was successful, the double vision corrected, and I am here today.

At that time I was a relative newcomer to the DUI laws and did not hire the best attorney available, but an acquaintance. The timing of the accident was during national DUI awareness month and the State received additional revenue for the arrest.  While I was not released to return to work I was sitting in my living when a Sheriff's deputy knocked on my door with subpoena's for my three (3) minor children to testify in court.  When I informed the deputy my children were not home but in school, the deputy asked which grade school. I lived rural and there was a choice between two local towns with grade schools.  I promptly informed the Deputy I was the children's legal guardian and would accept legal service on their behalf.  The deputy began to argue and I promptly informed him to either allow me to accept service or get the h3ll off my property.  I advised the Deputy to radio in to the Sheriff and ask about the validity of my request.  The deputy reluctantly allowed me to accept service.

The ensuing battle was worse.  At the depositions, my attorney was relatively passive and I very, very quickly developed a strong distaste for the head Assistant District Attorney. The ADA demanded I spend twenty three (23) days in the county jail, two (2) days for the mandatory DUI conviction and seven (7) days for the three (3) child endangerment charges.  While my attorney stammered and searched for a comment, I very quickly replied my presumptive level of guilt for the DUI indicated a blood level of .08.  I would subpoena all records for the calibration of the test equipment, dates, etc. Every calibration test has a plus or minus value and if there was a negative value for the equipment, that value would place my presumptive .08 value below the state level of guilt mandate. I also would challenge the State drawing of blood without consent or a warrant which was required at the time.  The ADA stated I provided consent to which I replied I was unconscious during my entire stay at the local hospital and did not regain consciousness until the next morning in the Regional ICU.  I would challenge their statement of consent and demand proof.

In order to prevent my minor children from having to testify against their father in a court of law, I settled to spend eight (8) days in the county jail. Two (2) days for the mandatory first time DUI conviction and two (2) days for each count of child endangerment. I reported for jail on Father's Day and was refused admittance due to my medical condition and the neck brace.

The following day my attorney filed a motion for a reduction in sentence due to the jail refusing my admittance.  The following Sunday I reported to jail in my neck brace and was placed in a solitary six (6) X ten (10) cell(?).  The cell was barely wide and long enough for a very small single sized cot with a stainless steel sink and toilet.

During my eight (8) day stay, I spoke with no one and endured the trustee poking a broom handle through the cell bars in an attempt to poke me through the hole in the hard neck brace. Unbeknownst to me, there were cameras in the facility and the incident was on video.  The trustee lost his position the next morning.  On Saturday evening, prior to my Monday morning release I had a Sheriff's guard ask me who I pissed off as nobody spends this amount of time in jail for a first time DUI conviction.

The following year, the ADA was running for the DA's position as the current DA was running unopposed for District Judge.  The ADA contacted me for a campaign contribution and during the course of the solicitation, discussion of my case arose and the ADA informed me, with my friend/counsel present, the District Attorney handled all details of my case and was particularly interest as his son competed against my youngest son in both little league baseball and football, which the DA and myself coached opposing teams.

Several weeks after the accident and all legal matters had been settled, an unknown woman approached my wife and five (5) year old daughter in a local McDonalds restaurant crying and inquiring about my daughter. My wife was bewildered and protective and the woman, still crying stated she comforted my daughter and two (2) sons at the accident and provided a witness statement.  The lady was unaware of the legal investigation and asked whatever happened to the truck drive that ran us off the road.  This woman soothed my wife's beliefs about the accident and confirmed to her I was indeed run off the road.

Should I be bitter and question truck driver attitudes and motives, you be the judge!

3 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Not even going to join the argument about the professionalism of big truck drivers vs the assinine, inattentive, reckless, careless, law breaking, passing against the solid yellow line on hills and curves, not dimming your headlights till you see the whites of my eyes (which are more red than white for this very reason) cell phone texting, CD on the floor finding, boyfriend fighting, Lorenzo Llamas loving, worried about a pimple and prom is saturday, I think I'll wear my pink underwear on my date next friday, consarnate passenger car pilots. 

If you want to know how I feel pm me. 

Drive safe. The life you save may be mine. I've had it for 60 years now and have grown accustom to having it. 

And yes, I care about your life too and when you do something really stupid I will do everything in my power to keep the worst from happening.

Ya'll be safe out there. 

No need to ask, this statement says it all.  I feel confident we all have horror stories regarding both passenger vehicles and truck drivers. I too wish you safe travels.

29 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Perhaps you are correct.

I have a plate in my neck C4 /C5 sublexation from an accident caused by an 18 wheeler.  Three (3) separate witness statements stated the truck driver cut me off and swerved in front of me, causing me to lose control of my vehicle, rolling the vehicle several times, and nearly killing me and three (3) of my four (4) children.  The oldest child I had just dropped off at youth baseball practice and was on my way to meet my wife for dinner with the other three (3) children.  I had an alcoholic beverage at my home prior to leaving and at the scene of the accident, a State Trooper performed a preliminary breathe test and showed NO signs of alcohol.  At the hospital, while in an unconscious state and in critical condition with a broken neck, a Sheriff's deputy drew blood approximately an hour and fifty five (1:55) after the accident and the test results indicated I had a .08 blood alcohol content.  I was ticketed for a DUI and three (3) counts of child endangerment.  Again, the investigating Highway Patrol officer had three (3) witness statements the truck driver caused the accident.  The truck driver left the scene of the accident and later returned with the owner of the trucking company.  My wife was telephoned and rushed to the hospital along with her sister to pick up my children.  My sister-in-law had the foresight to have the Highway Patrol investigating officer go to the owner of the semi and take photographs of the semi along with the still hooked up trailer.  There was evidence of paint from my vehicle on the trailer.  After I was released from the ICU in a well respected hospital, sitting at home in a soft neck brace, I became cross eyed.  I immediately telephoned my working wife who rushed home and transported me to the eye doctor and telephoned my personal physician.  An X-Ray was taken at my physicians office and compared to the X-Ray from the hospital and it was determined my neck had moved in the soft neck brace.  Emergency surgery was scheduled and doggone your good luck, the surgery was successful, the double vision corrected, and I am here today.

At that time I was a relative newcomer to the DUI laws and did not hire the best attorney available, but an acquaintance. The timing of the accident was during national DUI awareness month and the State received additional revenue for the arrest.  While I was not released to return to work I was sitting in my living when a Sheriff's deputy knocked on my door with subpoena's for my three (3) minor children to testify in court.  When I informed the deputy my children were not home but in school, the deputy asked which grade school. I lived rural and there was a choice between two local towns with grade schools.  I promptly informed the Deputy I was the children's legal guardian and would accept legal service on their behalf.  The deputy began to argue and I promptly informed him to either allow me to accept service or get the h3ll off my property.  I advised the Deputy to radio in to the Sheriff and ask about the validity of my request.  The deputy reluctantly allowed me to accept service.

The ensuing battle was worse.  At the depositions, my attorney was relatively passive and I very, very quickly developed a strong distaste for the head Assistant District Attorney. The ADA demanded I spend twenty three (23) days in the county jail, two (2) days for the mandatory DUI conviction and seven (7) days for the three (3) child endangerment charges.  While my attorney stammered and searched for a comment, I very quickly replied my presumptive level of guilt for the DUI indicated a blood level of .08.  I would subpoena all records for the calibration of the test equipment, dates, etc. Every calibration test has a plus or minus value and if there was a negative value for the equipment, that value would place my presumptive .08 value below the state level of guilt mandate. I also would challenge the State drawing of blood without consent or a warrant which was required at the time.  The ADA stated I provided consent to which I replied I was unconscious during my entire stay at the local hospital and did not regain consciousness until the next morning in the Regional ICU.  I would challenge their statement of consent and demand proof.

In order to prevent my minor children from having to testify against their father in a court of law, I settled to spend eight (8) days in the county jail. Two (2) days for the mandatory first time DUI conviction and two (2) days for each count of child endangerment. I reported for jail on Father's Day and was refused admittance due to my medical condition and the neck brace.

The following day my attorney filed a motion for a reduction in sentence due to the jail refusing my admittance.  The following Sunday I reported to jail in my neck brace and was placed in a solitary six (6) X ten (10) cell(?).  The cell was barely wide and long enough for a very small single sized cot with a stainless steel sink and toilet.

During my eight (8) day stay, I spoke with no one and endured the trustee poking a broom handle through the cell bars in an attempt to poke me through the hole in the hard neck brace. Unbeknownst to me, there were cameras in the facility and the incident was on video.  The trustee lost his position the next morning.  On Saturday evening, prior to my Monday morning release I had a Sheriff's guard ask me who I pissed off as nobody spends this amount of time in jail for a first time DUI conviction.

The following year, the ADA was running for the DA's position as the current DA was running unopposed for District Judge.  The ADA contacted me for a campaign contribution and during the course of the solicitation, discussion of my case arose and the ADA informed me, with my friend/counsel present, the District Attorney handled all details of my case and was particularly interest as his son competed against my youngest son in both little league baseball and football, which the DA and myself coached opposing teams.

Several weeks after the accident and all legal matters had been settled, an unknown woman approached my wife and five (5) year old daughter in a local McDonalds restaurant crying and inquiring about my daughter. My wife was bewildered and protective and the woman, still crying stated she comforted my daughter and two (2) sons at the accident and provided a witness statement.  The lady was unaware of the legal investigation and asked whatever happened to the truck drive that ran us off the road.  This woman soothed my wife's beliefs about the accident and confirmed to her I was indeed run off the road.

Should I be bitter and question truck driver attitudes and motives, you be the judge!

Guess I have never been such a p!ss poor driver as to loose control of the vehicle when I have been cut off. I have been forced to shoulder numerous times and have been hit both in front and in the rear. 
I am sorry about your accident but you better let me know what part of the country you live in and what your business is because I sure as heck don’t wanna deliver anything to you in my truck!

Are you for real ! You're driving around pissed with your kids in the car and it's the semi,s fault. There,s usually 2 sides to every story I'd love to hear the other side. Bad enough driving a truck all day with the idiots out there now without having pissed idiots running around as well. You would have had me suckered in as well till you mentioned you had a 'an alcoholic beverage' before you set of.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

Guess I have never been such a p!ss poor driver as to loose control of the vehicle when I have been cut off. I have been forced to shoulder numerous times and have been hit both in front and in the rear. 
I am sorry about your accident but you better let me know what part of the country you live in and what your business is because I sure as heck don’t wanna deliver anything to you in my truck!

Apparently you did not read the full statement.  The witness statements (three) all stated I was cut off and there was paint from my vehicle on the semi trailer, indicating I had been hit.

Not to worry about transporting any items to me as my farm operation owns three (3) semi trucks along with hopper trailers and livestock trailers. My manufacturing business has items delivered and picked up by the OEM manufacturer.  My General Manager receives the bid, determines if the project will be accepted and if so the OEM delivers the materials and when the job is completed, picks up the completed project.  In the event I need any hauling done, I generally hire Dugan or Price and I do my business with the local Kenworth.  My other business activities have deliveries made by Fed Ex, UPS and the USPO.  In the event you drive for any of the three (3) it is entirely possible we may meet.  I will offer you a cup of coffee however acceptance will be strictly voluntary.

47 minutes ago, albert766 said:

Are you for real ! You're driving around pissed with your kids in the car and it's the semi,s fault. There,s usually 2 sides to every story I'd love to hear the other side. Bad enough driving a truck all day with the idiots out there now without having pissed idiots running around as well. You would have had me suckered in as well till you mentioned you had a 'an alcoholic beverage' before you set of.

Yes, I am for real and NO I was not driving around irritated with my kids in the car.  As was stated in the original post, the three (3) witness statements indicated I was run off the road and paint from my vehicle was found on the semi trailer.  You sir are entitled to your beliefs and frankly, as the old saying goes, I do not give a doggone!

3 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Perhaps you are correct.

You transported your wife and children with alcohol in your system???? .08 an hour and a half later???? You were drunk. And you encountered a bad truck driver. 2 of you in the wrong but if you were not impaired your defensive driving could have possibly avoided the accident.

Thankfully God was looking over your family to protect them from your stupidity. 

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, new guy said:

You transported your wife and children with alcohol in your system???? .08 an hour and a half later???? You were drunk. And you encountered a bad truck driver. 2 of you in the wrong but if you were not impaired your defensive driving could have possibly avoided the accident.

Thankfully God was looking over your family to protect them from your stupidity. 

Truth.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

The vette accident was a fatal back in '05. this happened in new jersey and is used as a texting is bad message, but there was/is no proof of that fact.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, new guy said:

Again, you fail to comprehend the statement.  My wife was not with me, I was on my way to meet her for dinner with three of my children.  The responding Highway Patrolman performed a breath analysis at the scene of the accident, as stated, and there was no trace of alcohol.  Nearly two (2) hours later, lying unconscious in a hospital ICU I supposedly granted consent for an additional test?  Ask any law enforcement officer and they will confirm if you gargle with mouth wash which contains alcohol, it is possible to fail a breath analyzer test.

While I have no issue with you expressing your opinion, negative or not, kindly get your facts in order.

2 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Again, you fail to comprehend the statement.  My wife was not with me, I was on my way to meet her for dinner with three of my children.  The responding Highway Patrolman performed a breath analysis at the scene of the accident, as stated, and there was no trace of alcohol.  Nearly two (2) hours later, lying unconscious in a hospital ICU I supposedly granted consent for an additional test?  Ask any law enforcement officer and they will confirm if you gargle with mouth wash which contains alcohol, it is possible to fail a breath analyzer test.

While I have no issue with you expressing your opinion, negative or not, kindly get your facts in order.

My apologies. You were driving drunk with just your kids? You stated you had an alcoholic beverage before going to pick up your kids. That is the stupidity i refer to.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Yes, I am for real and NO I was not driving around irritated with my kids in the car.  As was stated in the original post, the three (3) witness statements indicated I was run off the road and paint from my vehicle was found on the semi trailer.  You sir are entitled to your beliefs and frankly, as the old saying goes, I do not give a doggone!

Driving pissed is driving drunk  for your information. If you had been sober you might have seen the semi coming over your lane. It probably happens hundreds of times a day but I bet you ithe chances  are pretty slim that you strike a driver drunk at the wheel with his kids with him. I couldn't give a rats arse either the person I feel sorry for is the truck driver who probably made a mistake by cutting in front of an idiot roaming around at 0.8. Do you still have a skinful before you load up your kids or have you learned a a valuable lesson in life ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, new guy said:

My apologies. You were driving drunk with just your kids? You stated you had an alcoholic beverage before going to pick up your kids. That is the stupidity i refer to.

No apology necessary as we both know it to be sarcasm and not heartfelt.  The preliminary breath test performed at the scene of the accident indicated NO alcohol in my system.  A single alcoholic beverage does not make one intoxicated and I did not state I had an alcoholic beverage before going to pick up my kids.  I caution you on  calling another stupid when you have a problem with reading comprehension.

3 hours ago, albert766 said:

Driving pissed is driving drunk  for your information. If you had been sober you might have seen the semi coming over your lane. It probably happens hundreds of times a day but I bet you ithe chances  are pretty slim that you strike a driver drunk at the wheel with his kids with him. I couldn't give a rats arse either the person I feel sorry for is the truck driver who probably made a mistake by cutting in front of an idiot roaming around at 0.8. Do you still have a skinful before you load up your kids or have you learned a a valuable lesson in life ?

Of course you would feel sorry for the truck driver, who hit my vehicle, left the scene of the accident, and returned with the owner of the truck in a private vehicle.  Obviously the truck driver knew he hit my vehicle causing the accident or he would not have returned.  In a separate civil action brought by myself and on behalf of my three (3) minor children against the truck driver, the trucking company and the owner of the trucking company, a judgment was obtained against the truck driver, the trucking company and the owner of the trucking company for damages based on the eye witness testimony of three (3) witnesses.  The Highway Patrolman was also subpoenaed and testified to the results of the preliminary breath test.  The Highway Patrolman testified to the validity of the preliminary breath test and the finding of NO alcohol in my system at the time of the accident.  The truck driver was subpoenaed to appear in court and was a NO show.  The blood test at the hospital was ruled to be inadmissible as my argument was an unconscious man cannot give consent, implied or otherwise, and a blood draw was an invasive procedure which, without consent, requires a warrant.  No warrant was obtained.

Just prior to the case going to the jury for deliberation, the owner of the trucking firm and his insurance company offered a settlement in excess of my requested damages.  I settled the matter for my and my children's medical expenses, the cost of replacing my vehicle, my attorney fees for both the criminal and civil action, and for what the insurance company and owner of the trucking firm determined to be fair reimbursement for eight (8) days in the county jail. I settled for less than the amount of damages requested in the lawsuit. 

I am not familiar with the term "Do you still have a skinful before you load up your kids" so I cannot answer the question.

The valuable lesson I learned is from time to time, law enforcement, to include the District Attorney, will play politics to achieve an end the District Attorney was not successful achieving against an individual in other endeavors in life.  I learned the former District Attorney, now a Judge, will duck in an office to avoid riding in an elevator at the court house with me.  I learned a Judges child can flush an M80 down a middle school toilet and go unpunished until Richard goes to the Board of Education seeking clarification on school policy regarding explosive devices carried onto school property.  I learned law enforcement will play politics to achieve a guilty plea in order to pad their DUI statistics to receive additional Federal Highway funding.  I plead guilty to a criminal matter in which I was never arrested, read my Miranda rights, and not arraigned to appear in court.  I learned from time to time the criminal process is a beast and an individual is well advised to obtain the best legal counsel possible.  I learned from time to time legal justice can be obtained through a civil action.

I would close with a smart arse comment to the both of you but I shall remain on high ground.  Best of luck to you both on all your future endeavors as I am done discussing the matter with either of you.

20 hours ago, MarkG said:

Couple more

4E3A3059-44C4-4663-9EC3-7688A7E8753F.jpeg

I saw a woman dressed like that only in a white dress at a truckstop off the 401 in the middle of no where ( no sewers) she was driving a 4700 pumping the septic tanks out at that truck stop. They were next to the card locks and I couldn't help but stare as I fueled up. Tall blonde looked Polish or Russian. She smiled at me 🤓

I clicked on a story this morning about a truck that plied into a bunch of cars stopped for construction. One victim was calling for more training for truck drivers. Theres the problem right there.  you cannot train some people to drive a truck !  you have it or you don't! How can they be trained to pay attention, be professional and courteous. Its no different that training someone to " drive" a combine . Yup 1/2- 1 hour  in the field and they are a driver. a lifetime to "operate " a combine

I never drove a semi,never wanted to, I always felt bad for you drivers trying to get into traffic with those monsters, trying to navigate and doing it without killing anyone in the process. Not to mention being away from home a lot of the time and being cooped up in the cab by yourself with no one to talk to but a cb, I admire you guys for being able to do that every  day. Sure you have some bad ones, but you have that in every occupation.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Apparently you did not read the full statement.  The witness statements (three) all stated I was cut off and there was paint from my vehicle on the semi trailer, indicating I had been hit.

Not to worry about transporting any items to me as my farm operation owns three (3) semi trucks along with hopper trailers and livestock trailers. My manufacturing business has items delivered and picked up by the OEM manufacturer.  My General Manager receives the bid, determines if the project will be accepted and if so the OEM delivers the materials and when the job is completed, picks up the completed project.  In the event I need any hauling done, I generally hire Dugan or Price and I do my business with the local Kenworth.  My other business activities have deliveries made by Fed Ex, UPS and the USPO.  In the event you drive for any of the three (3) it is entirely possible we may meet.  I will offer you a cup of coffee however acceptance will be strictly voluntary.

Sure glad you have such great confidence in FEDEX. I trust Swift over them. Probably the most inconsiderate drivers, as a whole, of any on the road. From package drivers to the over the road bunch. 
I am sure your farm trucks are always safe and courteous drivers. 

55 minutes ago, Mtaman said:

I never drove a semi,never wanted to, I always felt bad for you drivers trying to get into traffic with those monsters, trying to navigate and doing it without killing anyone in the process. Not to mention being away from home a lot of the time and being cooped up in the cab by yourself with no one to talk to but a cb, I admire you guys for being able to do that every  day. Sure you have some bad ones, but you have that in every occupation.

I am not full time OTR, just drive enough to keep boolits in my guns and beer in my fridge, but sirius is my friend.

Some drivers like the silence and do some really profound thinking while on the road.

Me, I just come up with dumb Sh!T to post here on the forum.😪🙄😁

• Like 5