For the truck drivers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am gonna have to go against you on this one. Not necessarily the drivers fault. Blame the insurance companies and the bean counters that think limiting a truck to 62, 63 or 65 mph is safe and saving

Drivers like you are the reason some truck drivers turn into jackasses. Trying to save 3 effing seconds passing me when there’s barely enough room just so that when you get ahead of me you can stomp o

Posted Images

My trucking days were from '86 to '08. Did some other things for a few years in between.  Most years were as owner/operator and as my own trucking company. Accumulated around 1,500,000 total miles in the seat. Flatbed, stepdeck, doubledrop, a lot of oversize loads. Those years, it was your logbook DOT was after you for. It was a cat and mouse game.  They didn't have remote cameras, computers, satellite/GPS, Elogs, etc. to catch you with like today. It was fun BS'n/lying your way out of a ticket. All you had to remember was they worked by the hour. It's quitting time and they are not paid overtime. They can't spend much time with you. Also, being government workers, their day starts on the even hours on the clock, meaning scales almost always open in the morning at 6 or 8, and close at 10 or midnight. Or if they almost got you, just play dumb.  A lot of other tricks.to not get caught.   

• Like 2

You forgot one of everyone thinking I make lots of money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Awful lot of daylight in those pics. 🤔

I don't wear out many pairs of sunglasses😎

Oh, and Mark, "lot lizzard" is not very PC, next time you're out, try calling them a "sex laborer" or "comfort girl". You'll have better luck. 😉😙

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Awful lot of daylight in those pics. 🤔

I don't wear out many pairs of sunglasses😎

Oh, and Mark, "lot lizzard" is not very PC, next time you're out, try calling them a "sex laborer" or "comfort girl". You'll have better luck. 😉😙

Ok here’s a night time one for ya . 
611198AC-287D-45F7-B11F-A6FBB0E94544.thumb.jpeg.83ef9bc3facc428e8cd3219c0fe0f7d8.jpeg

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

You forgot one of everyone thinking I make lots of money.

Now if you had an old 5 spd Mack with air powersteering and a whimpy 300 under the hood, you could be walking around with back spasm from leaning with a back pocket of cash because everyone feels sorry for you...................No!  Mr Pete has to have a Pete with more gears than the Mack has cylinders and tranmission gears combined, and more hp in the Kitty than the Mack has in total amount of bolts, then he complains people think he started the show who wants to win Pete Holtgrew's Money.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 4
29 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Now if you had an old 5 spd Mack with air powersteering and a whimpy 300 under the hood, you could be walking around with back spasm from leaning with a back pocket of cash because everyone feels sorry for you...................No!  Mr Pete has to have a Pete with more gears than the Mack has cylinders and tranmission gears combined, and more hp in the Kitty than the Mack has in total amount of bolts, then he complains people think he started the show who wants to win Pete Holtgrew's Money.

7 million comedians out of work in this world and you're cracking jokes!

44 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Ya know.....I drove one of them R model POS with a 270.

First & only Mack I had ever run, did not take to learn that ya may as well eat a sandwich between 4 & 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I came from the old come-aparts and detoilets with 13 speeds.

For the truck drivers I think of something different.  I think of the numerous I encounter on a daily basis who are rude, intentionally pull over into the passing lane and drive side by side with their fellow trucker, backing up traffic on the interstate highway for miles, and when they finally creep ahead of the trucker in the right hand lane, when you pass them give you that shlt eating grin.  The ninety (90) percent of the poor drivers certainly give the ten (10) percent of the professional drivers an extremely bad image. I for one would pay extra in taxes to improve all rail road tracks in order to eliminate society of this garbage on the roads.  If you doubt me, drive I-35 from Kansas City to Dallas. Pure **** on wheels by the truck drivers.

57 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

For the truck drivers I think of something different.  I think of the numerous I encounter on a daily basis who are rude, intentionally pull over into the passing lane and drive side by side with their fellow trucker, backing up traffic on the interstate highway for miles, and when they finally creep ahead of the trucker in the right hand lane, when you pass them give you that shlt eating grin.  The ninety (90) percent of the poor drivers certainly give the ten (10) percent of the professional drivers an extremely bad image. I for one would pay extra in taxes to improve all rail road tracks in order to eliminate society of this garbage on the roads.  If you doubt me, drive I-35 from Kansas City to Dallas. Pure **** on wheels by the truck drivers.

D149C987-EF3A-44B2-94FF-8537EB560C39.thumb.jpeg.df96e6c106ce2a2db4fedd91274e0015.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Tell Pete the black truck in the movie didn't have a red oval above the grill.......................:lol:

I did have that scene in the movie happen to me once.  The one where she's in her birthday suit to get my attention.  The old truck would only go 85.  This one will run harder then that just in case it happenes again!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

I did have that scene in the movie happen to me once.  The one where she's in her birthday suit to get my attention.  The old truck would only go 85.  This one will run harder then that just in case it happenes again!

That Mack in the movie they probably had to push up hills:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

You pups 4get when Macks did the lions share of the work.

The K Dubs/Petes/Brockways were out of the priceway.

Kids.....sigh

25 minutes ago, MTO said:

You pups 4get when Macks did the lions share of the work.

The K Dubs/Petes/Brockways were out of the priceway.

Kids.....sigh

Now they are Hobo's(Volvo's).............sigh.   

3 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

I am gonna have to go against you on this one. Not necessarily the drivers fault. Blame the insurance companies and the bean counters that think limiting a truck to 62, 63 or 65 mph is safe and saving a bunch of fuel. When our trucks got cut from 70 to 65 it sucked! Get stuck behind a truck set at 62 or 63 sucked. It took a long time to get around that truck ahead of you. You know you can do it but it is gonna hold up a few cars behind you. The insurance company says that is safer but then you get impatient 4 wheelers like your self that don't have a couple minutes to spare in your busy life so you tailgate us, flip us off and generally bad mouth us while driving like a jackass. The bean counters said it didnt make enough difference in our day cutting us 5 mph because our average speeds for the day was in the 40s. On an 11 hour driving day that is up to 55 miles on a long haul. We cheated our logs to make up the difference (we get paid by the mile or by the load ). Funny thing happened with ELDs.....drivers couldn't make the turns they were doing before so most companies bumped up the governor again to get the goods hauled.

Share the road Dick.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
2 hours ago, new guy said:

I am gonna have to go against you on this one. Not necessarily the drivers fault. Blame the insurance companies and the bean counters that think limiting a truck to 62, 63 or 65 mph is safe and saving a bunch of fuel. When our trucks got cut from 70 to 65 it sucked! Get stuck behind a truck set at 62 or 63 sucked. It took a long time to get around that truck ahead of you. You know you can do it but it is gonna hold up a few cars behind you. The insurance company says that is safer but then you get impatient 4 wheelers like your self that don't have a couple minutes to spare in your busy life so you tailgate us, flip us off and generally bad mouth us while driving like a jackass. The bean counters said it didnt make enough difference in our day cutting us 5 mph because our average speeds for the day was in the 40s. On an 11 hour driving day that is up to 55 miles on a long haul. We cheated our logs to make up the difference (we get paid by the mile or by the load ). Funny thing happened with ELDs.....drivers couldn't make the turns they were doing before so most companies bumped up the governor again to get the goods hauled.

Share the road Dick.

Not necessarily the drivers fault, bull dung!  Is the truck driving itself?  Does the truck determine when to pull out into the passing lane?

If the truck is not capable of driving faster than 62, 63 or 65 miles per hour the driver has NO business pulling out into the passing lane of a posted 70 miles per hour interstate.  I am reasonably certain the driver sees the impatient 4 wheeler in your mirror and intentionally pull out in front of the 4 wheeler.  While I have not flipped off any truck driver, they certainly were worthy of the action.  

During harvest, I provide the trucks and trailers for hauling grain to the elevator and all drivers are instructed, when on the interstate or four lane high way traveling to the elevator, to not exceed 60 miles per hour and stay in the far right hand lane.

• Sad 1

I can set my cruise at 75 up and down 35 and not have many issues on that whole stretch until I get close to Denton. Then the traffic obviously picks up. If I had to stay under 60 then I wouldn’t get on the interstate. If they are required to stay that slow then they have no business being on the interstate. If you have to tell anyone how to drive then your dealing with rookies that probably should t be behind the wheel

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

That Mack in the movie was a superliner. Very possibly had a v8 in it as many of them did and there wasn’t much that could touch them in those days. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

I can set my cruise at 75 up and down 35 and not have many issues on that whole stretch until I get close to Denton. Then the traffic obviously picks up. If I had to stay under 60 then I wouldn’t get on the interstate. If they are required to stay that slow then they have no business being on the interstate. If you have to tell anyone how to drive then your dealing with rookies that probably should t be behind the wheel

X2!