Lincoln Nebraska police officer shot today serving a warrant

Shot by a 17 year old while serving him a warrant.

went through his liver, Currently in critical condition .  

I bet there will be a riot tonight and probably burn down the whole downtown area,   Oh wait —————-  mabie not ,   He was white . Guess not . 

• Sad 14

We all need to pray for all police,but extra prayer for the shot officer and his family. To keep them safe. To keep them alert and wisdom to be thinking ahead of things, so things don't get to the having to shoot like happened in Wisconsin.   

• Like 4

Meanwhile they loot Minneapolis because a black guy kills himself 

• Sad 1

Dad retired from my local small county sheriffs dept. after nearly 30 years between part time and full time.  Last 20 years were full time.  He got out just in time in my mind, I wish he was still here so I could ask him his thoughts on the current state of things.  It wouldn't be good.

• Sad 1

Prayers to the family of the officer too.

Should have said that first.

• Thanks 2

Prayers to the officer and his family

Also to all those who put there life on the line in an often thankless and seemingly impossible job that they make it home to their families safely each night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Unsure if there is a more current update on the officer's condition as this was the last I found.

Lincoln Police give update on officer shot in line of duty

Updated: Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:03 PM CDT

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - An officer shot in Lincoln while serving a warrant on Wednesday continues to fight for his life, according to Lincoln Police.

A tweet by LPD on Thursday morning said, “Our officer continues to fight for his life, we are overwhelmed by the support from our community.”

The officer, who has not been identified, is in critical condition after he was shot while serving a warrant near 33rd and Vine streets on Wednesday.

Police Chief Jeff Bliemeister said the officer is a 23-year-veteran of the force.

Bliemeister said officers were at a home in the area serving an arrest warrant for 17-year-old Felipe Vazquez in connection to the March homicide of Edward Varejcka. The warrant was for second-degree assault.

Officers said that during the process of serving the warrant, the officer was shot after two suspects broke through the front window of the home and fired. Officers did return fire, but no one else was shot.

Vazquez was arrested by police following the incident, as was Orion J. Ross, 19.

It is still unclear who shot the officer, and a firearm has been recovered, police said.

On Thursday afternoon, both Ross and Vazquez appeared in court via a video monitor.

Ross appeared first and was charged with escape using force or a deadly weapon. His bond was set at $1 million.

He will appear next on Sept. 24 at 10 a.m.

Vazquez appeared shortly after from the Youth Detention Center and was charged with second-degree assault in connection to the incident in March, as well as escape using force.

His bond was set at $500,000. The judge said that Vazquez has a “very long” juvenile criminal record.

He will also appear next on Sept. 24.

• Thanks 1

Bullet went through his liver.   They transferred him to the University of Nebraska med center in Omaha where he is basically getting a continuous blood transfusion because his liver isn’t functioning. He is hanging on by a thread . 
Kim knew him and worked with him when she was with LPD. He also has an internal bleed that hasent been located yet . 

That information was earlier this AM so I’m sure things have changed by now. 

I can’t believe he is alive really.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Bullet went through his liver.   They transferred him to the University of Nebraska med center in Omaha where he is basically getting a continuous blood transfusion because his liver isn’t functioning. He is hanging on by a thread . 
Kim knew him and worked with him when she was with LPD. He also has an internal bleed that hasent been located yet . 

That information was earlier this AM so I’m sure things have changed by now. 

I can’t believe he is alive really.

Makes me very sad!  With God all things are possible and I will continue to keep this officer in my prayers.

• Like 1

Prayers for him and his family. I have several friends in LE, they put their lives on the line, seems like this BS is the most dangerous part of the job. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP, I don’t want to say much there was a thread pulled about this idiotic behavior, my condolences to the family and the department.

• Thanks 1