Double barrel hurricane

I don't live on the coast but hurricane still impact my weather this time of year. So I monitor the tropics. 

Over the past few days they have forecast one or the other or both of these hurricanes would to impact me. It's amazing how the forecast changes so much over the course of a day!

It's interesting at least to have two storms in the gulf at once.

Thx-Ace 

Got lots of family in La.

They NEVER leave when danger approaches.

Their choice, their lives. 

You couldn`t PAY me to live there. 

The first one petered out, but will still bring lots of rain. The second one is a wildcard, and is strengthening. Coastal flooding is almost guaranteed by Friday, even if the second one weakens before landfall.

I have seen beneficial  rains from some and total crop destruction from others. In 2008 hurricane Ike flooded all of our bottoms on September the 8th  we had 6 inches of rain through the whole river valley. We could use a slow finishing rain on our crops, but these storms always make me nervous.

Looks like we will get some rain and wind Thursday. South Arkansas is forecast to have tropical storm conditions. But it will change my then...

I need a good rain but not wind damage.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

It's now  a major hurricane and supposedly will pass over me as a tropical storm. The counties a little south of me are under a tropical storm warning. 

We don't normally get tropical storm warnings in Arkansas.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

EE281026-6FFB-428B-AC22-4835A8CCFB25.jpeg

• Haha 2

Thanks for posting that. I've never heard of the fujwahara effect. It seems more likely to happen in the Pacific Ocean than the gulf of Mexico.

The latest satellite imagery shows the eye. 

It's rained here all day. Remnants of Marco.

Thx-Ace 

20202392156_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-1250x750.jpg

Laura is a monster. As of the 8pm update the wind speed is 150 mph with gusts much higher. That’s a strong cat 4. Cat 5 starts at 157. This thing is moving so fast that tropical force winds will extend far into Arkansas. Stay safe acem.