Hello everyone im new to the site,  I got a 175c thats been sitting for about 7 years now.  Its foot pedal steer and machine is low hours only packed silage with it.  Anyhow we went to try and get it to move to help clear some land. The motor fired right up with a shot of ether after sitting so long. But i cannot get it to move at all i have checked all fluids and topped them off. When i put in gear it doesnt move or even try to, i took floorboard out and noticed that the driveline is spinning when in neutral and in gear. I knew something was wrong when every gauge moved except the clutch pressure.  I got all floor plates out the way and do not see any leaks or anything.  However when i take the test port plug out i am getting lots of air and very little fluid.  I had the plug out for maybe 5 mins and still no change.  Idk which test port i opened considering the plate doesnt have any letters or marks on it. What do u guys think to check 1st?  Any help would be appreciated!  Also the 4 in 1 bucket and loader has full power and works like it should.

First, welcome to the board.  I would first reinstall the test plug because if the pump suddenly picked up prime you could have oil at 200psi shooting you in the face.  I can't tell you which plug is clutch pressure but converter pressure is usually the center one.  Did the clutch pressure gauge work when last used?  If so, the pump has probably just lost it 's prime from sitting.  If you have access to air you could try adding air pressure to the dipstick hole next to the seat and see if it will pick up oil.  Just put your air nozzle in and wrap a rag around it to seal it off.  Not normal for them to lose prime during normal use cycles though.  Just curious why the machine has just been sitting for 7 yrs?  Because of problems or just no need.  Good luck

Dennis

Thanks for the response FarmallDr.  Yea i made a hose up and had it hooked to the test port putting in a jug so no worries on it shooting oil in my face.  Im pretty sure the clutch pressure gauge worked but that was 7 years ago when it was last used so i may be wrong. I dont have access to air since the machine is sitting at a silo.  Also i had the machine about mid throttle when the test plug was out and revved it up acouple times to see if anything changed but it did not. Im thinkin it has lost prime also if not i would assume the pumps going out. (Hope not anyways)   The machine has pretty much sat more then it was used since only used for packing silage maybe 30 hours a year. We got out the dairy business in 2012 so the last time it was used would have been about that time.  Havent needed the machine so it just sat.

• 2 weeks later...

My 250 is lever steer---interesting that 175 is peddle steer!

a 250 here is available!  --- decent offer takes it!--- i am gettin too old for this chit anymore--gotta start geiitn rid of stuff