Fuel shut off

Ihfan4life

396510r1 fuel tank shut off valve off an 826. The stem is broke where the cross piece that you turn it with is supposed to be. I haven’t had any luck finding a repair kit for this. 
Has anyone tried brazing/ welding a new cross piece onto it? These things are $260+- from CaseIH and pretty sure even more from Bates. 

I repaired one once by soldering a piece of copper tubing and the broken piece of the valve stem. I slipped the tube over the stem and broken piece and soldered it together then drilled the hole through the tubing and stem.  The only downside is that you can't remove the packing nut after this repair. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, farmall666 said:

IS IT THE SAME AS A COMBINE 1460 VALVE? YOURS SHOULD HAVE A SEDIMENT BULB RIGHT?

No. Straight from the tank to the fuel filters 

19 hours ago, NY1468 said:

Should be able to as long as you have enough to weld to. 

19 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

I repaired one once by soldering a piece of copper tubing and the broken piece of the valve stem. I slipped the tube over the stem and broken piece and soldered it together then drilled the hole through the tubing and stem.  The only downside is that you can't remove the packing nut after this repair. 

It looks like just the end where the cross is supposed to be broke at that junction.

I was wondering about taking a small drill and drilling another stem for a new cross piece. Maybe use a broken small drillbit for the cross piece?

24 minutes ago, 615 spike said:

Is this the same shutoff found on the bottom of 715 combines?  Line comes out at right angles to the shutoff body. If so, I have some.  thanks cab

I’m not familiar enough with the combine to say. I’ll post a picture for you. PM me if you’re interested in parting with one! 

E4F9F450-7FB3-4758-8573-08DB75206C33.jpeg

F5009CE8-4EF1-4C24-9235-02DA9A73804B.jpeg

IH fanforlife

Thanks for that beautiful picture,  it is so clear that I think I will be able to drill it just like you said and install a small roll pin or drill bit.  ( Through the computer.)

That is a good Idea.

GT&T

• Haha 2