IH "Slab Cut" Front Weights

Think you mean what they call flame cut. My red power 1486 came with 16 of them. They don't weigh 100 lb,  more like 70-75.  

Some of the ones that showed up on Google for me

Screenshot_2020-08-23-06-11-25.png

Screenshot_2020-08-23-06-11-31.png

Screenshot_2020-08-23-06-11-42.png

Screenshot_2020-08-23-06-11-42.png

Slab weights or flame cut weights, same thing. Just depends on what part of these here United States your standing on as to what they are called. They are not as hard to find as those set of weights that are underneath. I have only ever seen them in dealer pictures, never in real life. The same weights were used on the 4166 with a different base.

Instant finger remover handles on those flame cut weights if you don't stagger the handles!  We used weights similar to those in steel boxes to test elevator installations.  They also had those staggered handles, if you unloaded a box, you wanted to make sure you stacked them back in the box correctly to avoid smashed fingers.

32 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Slab weights or flame cut weights, same thing. Just depends on what part of these here United States your standing on as to what they are called. They are not as hard to find as those set of weights that are underneath. I have only ever seen them in dealer pictures, never in real life. The same weights were used on the 4166 with a different base.

We used to pull a 16 row 955 planter with a 1586. Front end was very light, especially in transport. Tried to find a set of those extra weights that are below the suitcase weights. Agree very rare, never seen them other than my sales literature.

• Like 1

I have 2 sets of the underneath weights. 1on a4166 1on 2500 constructal

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Those weights went on the bottom of the 5X88s as well.  Mostly were used in the early MFD tractors to add more weight including the 12 suitcase weights to equal approx. 2000 lbs.  I have made that bracket, weights and thru bolt.

Matt

Amazes me how often we see a few here and there at sales. Often all the handles are the same. Trying to get a complete set with half rear handles and half front isn't the easiest it seems.

• Like 1

Dr Evil might shed some light on this but as I was told IH plant was on strike so that when they had these cut out and shipped on the tractors 1979,1980 ?I have a few of them yet and try not to use them do to the finger shearing option 😳

‘Danny 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Dr Evil might shed some light on this but as I was told IH plant was on strike so that when they had these cut out and shipped on the tractors 1979,1980 ?I have a few of them yet and try not to use them do to the finger shearing option 😳

‘Danny 

That's what I like best about mine, the opposing handles so I don't pinch hand and a little lighter to lift

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

‘Danny 

Grandpa’s 1086 is a 1978 model and I believe they were on it from new. 

42E5A397-0515-4C1A-95F5-BBFD278F6DAB.png

• Like 3