186 hydro fluid change

Donnie

Hey there!

so finally got the 186 moving again, yeah!! Was the high pressure relief valve stuck, thanks to all for your help troubleshooting that.

decided to change the fluid after we got her rolling again so drained like 8 drain plugs and the 2 filters, refilled and now it seems it’s air locked?

no hydraulic anything is working....

let it sit? Is there a way to bleed the air out?

thanks for your help, again!

1 hour ago, Donnie said:

Hey there!

so finally got the 186 moving again, yeah!! Was the high pressure relief valve stuck, thanks to all for your help troubleshooting that.

decided to change the fluid after we got her rolling again so drained like 8 drain plugs and the 2 filters, refilled and now it seems it’s air locked?

no hydraulic anything is working....

let it sit? Is there a way to bleed the air out?

thanks for your help, again!

It looks like you have a 186 tri-stripe with the piston pump (By the looks of your picture)

Did you remove the plug to let the air out of the filter cavity? 

18981A75-76E8-49A1-A910-DC52B52FCFD8.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Donnie said:

Nope we didn’t, wasn’t sure where to let the air out. I will have a look and see if we have a plug there

thanks IH man!!

You are supposed to remove the plug when putting the oil in, you have to keep an eye on it because it will start running out once you get enough oil.

if your transmission is full of oil and you don’t have oil running out the hole you can always blow some air in the fill tube (with your mouth or Low pressure air hose)

When checking your oil level in the Hydro tractors you must have the engine running at 1600 RPMs for a three minutes in neutral to check the oil level on the dipstick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

You are supposed to remove the plug when putting the oil in, you have to keep an eye on it because it will start running out once you get enough oil.

if your transmission is full of oil and you don’t have oil running out the hole you can always blow some air in the fill tube (with your mouth or Low pressure air hose)

When checking your oil level in the Hydro tractors you must have the engine running at 1600 RPMs for a three minutes in neutral to check the oil level on the dipstick.

Nope we didn’t, wasn’t sure where to let the air out.

thanks IH man!!

thanks for the info, I need to find me a maintenance manual, I have a service manual but I don’t see anything about this in there.

guess I probably have to drain some out before I can open up that breather hole now

42 minutes ago, Donnie said:

guess I probably have to drain some out before I can open up that breather hole now

Nope.  Pull it out, when oil runs out, put the plug back in.  Easy peezy.

• Like 1