Anyone have one? I just ordered one and I’m not real excited, It is supposed to be an 11 system in a 7/8 shell, don’t like the bulk of the new phones, my old SE fits in my side pockets nicely, how do you like the 11system? How’s the battery life? I have lots of music and pictures so I got the 256gb mine now is a 64 and it was full, had to delete a bunch of stuff, but it’s maybe 5 years old and had the battery replaced, dies quickly, freezes up often and has taken to getting hot randomly while doing nothing and sucking the battery down, I’ll feel it get hot against my leg, pull it out and you can watch the battery drain. I’ve tried many things, shutting off location services, no background app refresh, all the usual suspects, I think it is just time. New phone should arrive today, but the case won’t be here till sometime next week so I won’t know till then how I like it.
frankly I hate cell phones more than I love them, but in this world they are a necessity for business so I’m stuck with mine, they are also handy, but it’s like being on a short leash, used to be it was just a fact, you expected to leave someone a message and hear back sometime, now God forbid you don’t respond within seconds or you are in trouble. 

• Like 1

I am supposed to be getting one next week, new work phone.  I used to have the original SE for a personal phone, and had to upgrade to a 7 last year when the screen went nuts. I like my 7, but it’s big enough it doesn’t really fit in my pocket any more, but I also think that’s what killed the screen on my SE. I think you will like your SE 2.

• Thanks 1

We're two peas in a pod.  I got a SE 2020 couple weeks ago to replace my original SE which was experiencing similar issues with the battery as yours.  I wanted the smallest phone I could get.  I would have gotten another one of the original SE's if it was available.

In short, I'm not thrilled with the new one.  I don't like the home button.  Battery life is OK, not great.  I don't think that it is improved over my original SE when it was new.  I will say that the 2020 SE camera is improved over the older SE which I thought was pretty good as it was.  Regarding cases, I always had Otter Defender cases and my brother talked me into a Spigen to minimize the bulky size of the Defender.  So far, it seems to be good.

• Thanks 1

I have an iPhone 8 and really like it. I'm not a fan of not having the home button. For that reason when I got mine, I didn't want the newer (at the time) XR. Having a slightly bigger phone is better for me, less chance of fat figuring when typing. Also I can easily put mine in my shirt pocket, even with the OtterBox Defender case on it. 

Bottom line is if I needed a phone today, it would be the SE 2.

• Thanks 1

I always Always ALWAYS use a life proof case , I have never damaged a phone in a life proof case. They stay clean dry and safe, but I have the biggest issue with the life proof screen protector as it gets scratched it tends to hit the key next to it. My IPad has gorilla glass and that’s really nice but it doesn’t see the abuse my iPhone does. 

Trashed my SE, looked at and almost pulled the trigger on a SE2020 until I held one in my hand. Too BIG! I have been paying the insurance so I opted for paying the deductible, $100 and getting a refurb. Looks like and performs like new.

I'm gonna cancel the insurance since I can buy a refurb for $125.

Original SE was perfect size. Mine was getting hot sometimes but I found that I had apps open that were eating battery, especially one using location. Went through and turned all those off and problem solved.

Some of the new phones are almost as big as an iPad!

I am under the impression that all the I phones are junk anymore!! I had a SE. It got to where it wouldn’t hold a charge. Went with a I phone XR. Supposed to hold a charge and have great signal. Not!! Locks up all the time. Gets hot. Ringer shuts off even though it’s protected with a case. I am trying to get out of this and get an Android. 

3 hours ago, New Englander said:

Trashed my SE, looked at and almost pulled the trigger on a SE2020 until I held one in my hand. Too BIG! I have been paying the insurance so I opted for paying the deductible, $100 and getting a refurb. Looks like and performs like new.

I'm gonna cancel the insurance since I can buy a refurb for $125.

Original SE was perfect size. Mine was getting hot sometimes but I found that I had apps open that were eating battery, especially one using location. Went through and turned all those off and problem solved.

Some of the new phones are almost as big as an iPad!

Fact, I hate the size, don’t want a belt clip as I am too abusive for that and I don’t need one more anything clipped on when it’s off and in with a tool belt all day, I have a nifty cell phone holder for my tool belt though, Klein with a magnetic closure. 

11 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I always Always ALWAYS use a life proof case , I have never damaged a phone in a life proof case. They stay clean dry and safe, but I have the biggest issue with the life proof screen protector as it gets scratched it tends to hit the key next to it. My IPad has gorilla glass and that’s really nice but it doesn’t see the abuse my iPhone does. 

I always used a life proof case on the 5s and 7 I had.  When work switched me to a XR we got a lifeproof.  Made the phone almost unusable something about phone is already water proof and the case never seem to fit it right.  They got me a good glass screen protector and an otter box and that seems to be working but the lifeproof was better for dust and dirt intrusion.  

• Like 1

I still have my 7 Plus. Wife has the 8 and I have not upgraded because I am not tech savvy enough to figure out how to turn it on.  Home button works for me on the 7 Plus.  I am rough on my phone and keep it in the Otter Box case.  Belt clip broke off shortly after purchase and I keep phone in plastic tray without clip and put in my pocket.  Tray seems to protect phone from abuse.  Screen saver has had a scratch on it since shortly after purchase and the warranty seems a bit odd to me.  Have to take the screen saver off, purchase a new saver, and send the old saver in for reimbursement.  I purchase my phones outright as I do not like the monthly fee.

I replaced my SE with the new version SE almost two months ago. Can’t see much improvement and don’t really like the bigger size. Hard to use one handed and reach all the keys while texting. I try to stay open minded but I’d just as soon have my old SE back. 

• Sad 1

Went from a windowsphone, to an Samsung Android to now my wife’s old IPhone six. I miss my WindowsPhone. This six sucks worse than the Android and it SUCKED!

I got all excited when I heard they were bringing back the SE. only to be disappointed when I learned it was bigger. My battery was going bad so I ordered a new one online and replaced it. I then had to do a factory reset because it was acting up in other ways. I’ve heard the SE is next in line to stop receiving updates. When that happens we won’t have much choice but to upgrade to a bulkier phone. I use a life proof case and my phone is mint after 2.5 years.

• Like 1

I got an se2020 about a month ago. It replaced a 6s. So far it seems exactly the same as my 6s was. Even my old case fit except I had to cut around the camera area. The new Se works fine. The home button is a little funky but other than that I have no complaints. We’ll see how long it lasts though.

I tried it out for a while today, took one of dads damaged life proof cas For his 8, hate the size, it’s awkward, bulk and feels all wrong, I switched the SIM card back and went back to my old one, despite its problems. 

9 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I tried it out for a while today, took one of dads damaged life proof cas For his 8, hate the size, it’s awkward, bulk and feels all wrong, I switched the SIM card back and went back to my old one, despite its problems. 

Refurbished SE out there but be sure it's compatible with your carrier. I was looking and found 32s around $120.

I’m using a 6s. Was time for an upgrade and decided on the XS because it’s the same size as the 6. By the time I could get it ordered, it was out of stock so I went with the 11. It’s a 1/2” longer and 1/4” wider. Not thrilled about it but change is necessary sometimes. The 11 Pro is exact size as a 6s but you really pay for it. Wasn’t worth the extra money to me. Of course I’m saying that and my 11 has been sitting in a box for 5 days now because I’m worried I’ll hate it once I activate it.

• Sad 1
21 hours ago, brewcrew said:

I got all excited when I heard they were bringing back the SE. only to be disappointed when I learned it was bigger. My battery was going bad so I ordered a new one online and replaced it. I then had to do a factory reset because it was acting up in other ways. I’ve heard the SE is next in line to stop receiving updates. When that happens we won’t have much choice but to upgrade to a bulkier phone. I use a life proof case and my phone is mint after 2.5 years.

When I got my SE, almost three years ago now. The 'guy' at the phone store told me to never update it as it was already to old for the updates to work. I never have and the phone works great to this day. It doesn't like a sweaty pocket though.

59 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

never update it

I'm on IOS 13.6 with no problems. An SE is pretty much a 6 in a smaller case without the better camera, at least as I understand it.

I won't own any Apple products, but I see they are having an upgrade sale for the SE at Walmart for Verizon and ATT.

Here's where I saw it mentioned. https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/igmq2h/walmart_upgrade_deal/

and here's the Walmart page.  Ends up about $200 for the phone and you can pay it off early.  Might be some kind of upgrade fee though, don't know.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-Apple-iPhone-SE-2020-64GB-White-Upgrade-Only/846184204?selected=true

I got my new SE2 work phone today, I like it. About the same as my 7 personal phone but faster and more storage and supposedly a better battery, though I have never had an issue with the battery In the 7. I’m sure many of you think it’s weird I have 2 but I have a very public job and I really don’t want every farmer on the project to have my personal number...

3 minutes ago, DaveinSD said:

I got my new SE2 work phone today, I like it. About the same as my 7 personal phone but faster and more storage and supposedly a better battery, though I have never had an issue with the battery In the 7. I’m sure many of you think it’s weird I have 2 but I have a very public job and I really don’t want every farmer on the project to have my personal number...

My best friend carries 2 phones, she shuts hers off after 5 and on weekends, I am very envious, Frankly I don’t like having the one phone I wouldn’t want 2 but I get it.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:45 PM, vtfireman85 said:

My best friend carries 2 phones, she shuts hers off after 5 and on weekends, I am very envious, Frankly I don’t like having the one phone I wouldn’t want 2 but I get it.

Would there be a way to attach a second number to the same phone, but be able to send it to voicemail or ignore it during off hours?