Dt360 vs D360 for F560

Hey guys, I’m in the works of purchasing parts and a 560 for a Farmall 560 puller. I have access to a d360 in many pieces that I’d have to find most of the bolts, front cover, rear cover, injection system and basically rebuild it, I also can get a dt360 and all I’d have to do is front cover rear cover and do something different with the injection system, so basically the dt360 would be cheaper and more plug and play sort of project imo. So, my question is, if you all where doing this what engine would you do, what injection system, would you do anything to the rest end/transmission?

I’ll probably TA delete it, possibly needle the diff. This will be for 7500#-8500# and maybe 9500# 8mph class and occasional 10mph with 20.8 cuts. Thinking 300-500hp depending of cost of things and money at the time. 

Also, I know the d360’s are getting harder to find and are getting g expensive to find/get parts. That why the dt is looking like a better solution. 

Thanks

hands down dt360, its the little brother of the 400 series, it is cheaper and a little easier to work on as for what i would do with it injection system wise it would depend on the rules of the class and needle bearing the rear end it is worth it for a couple reasons one it's safer going down the track and two it rolls so much easier especially if you have to push it in your shop so if its easier to roll then it frees up hp

54 minutes ago, 88power said:

hands down dt360, its the little brother of the 400 series, it is cheaper and a little easier to work on as for what i would do with it injection system wise it would depend on the rules of the class and needle bearing the rear end it is worth it for a couple reasons one it's safer going down the track and two it rolls so much easier especially if you have to push it in your shop so if its easier to roll then it frees up hp

Yeah that’s what I figured too, easier to get parts and supplies. The Ag d360 I hear is getting rare for parts and expensive. 

The injection system, there’s really no rules for that, I can put whatever pump on it, it’s just I’ve been told the A-pump is expensive to rework. What does a stock A-pump put out cc’s wise? I would imagine 300-400cc would be just fine, put a s300 or s362sxe on it and go. 

Why not put 466 in and be done. to reach the HP range you want a GT 42 turbo and p pump and there you go.  Remember there is no substitute for cubic inches. What every you do think about your final goal and buy the best parts once.  

3 hours ago, twood1954 said:

Why not put 466 in and be done. to reach the HP range you want a GT 42 turbo and p pump and there you go.  Remember there is no substitute for cubic inches. What every you do think about your final goal and buy the best parts once.  

Because that’s what everyone else does, it seems when anyone wants to “build” a puller that’s the automatic solution for everything......just put a 466 in it, I don’t want it and don’t need it, sure it maybe cheaper and easier to find but there’s always draw backs too. I wanna be different with not using a 466.  
There’s a 560 around with a 466 now and he can’t put the power to the ground, it is too nose heavy and really he don’t do very well.

I don’t need that big of CI for 8mph or even 10mph and with the smaller CI it would be easier on everything. If I was to put a 400 series in it it would be a 414. I’ve beat plenty 466’s(jd & IH) with a 414 farm tractor at 8mph to know it’s not necessary. I’ve seen cummins powered tractors beat 466’s(jd & IH) at 8mph.

All the 466 tractors do is spin out quicker and over power things at 8mph and when they start to spin out they cob on it and make themselves look like idiots and go no where. Sure they do good here and there but not consistently enough for me to consider a 466. 

Thanks for the opinion but, na, it’s not a good option imo for what I wanna do. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a dt360, now I’m planning on either a p7100 pump or getting the A-pump modded or buying one that is already set up. Trying for about 300-400cc of fuel, in your all’s opinions, will the 560 hold up to that hp at the speed with 20.8 38 cuts?

I have found an 806 and maybe a 706. The 806 w/o the engine and most sheet metal but has had the pto out of it for 2 years open to Missouri weather. Is there anything to worry about with that? It has tires on it so it’s setting somewhat level and from the pictures all the top covers are there. The tractor has the factory IH front end and it looked good and un-welded, so basically the 806 is a rolling chassis with the front nose piece,  steering column, seat bracketry and wheels and tires for $800. It seemed I could get it for cheaper though. 

The 706, I may have access to an about complete tractor for idk what $$ or I have a transmission/rear end setting in the barn without a bunch of stuff lol. 

What’s the thoughts ?

I bought the 806 gas rolling chassis. I figure it was the best choice, I heard too many bad things on the 560 that I no longer have a desire to build off that platform. It seems to be between the years of 64-65, the serial # is 1832. Hopefully it has the high ring and pinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes ,I got to pull against that ?‍♂️?

The 806 does have the fast ring and pinion, 13:49. All gears look really pretty good. 
Had a little mishap with the range cover, a dowel pin was, well, half @ssed tack welded where it was supposed to go and well, it fell out and chipped 1 tooth on 2 gears and bent the shifting fork rod that puts the tractor in a range. It also messed up the cast on the front side where the rod slides up into. I’m pretty proficient at welding and I will be welding it. 

What I took off I’ve been weighing, it’s pretty interesting how much things weigh.

7F9BD79D-A19A-49A7-984F-6F975F184649.png

CEDF8E1B-8E46-4CA2-B840-8E368D903159.jpeg

D41A090D-A443-4357-8D4E-552330538892.jpeg

FB49324A-7569-4E39-ADBC-1FC6937E1DE1.jpeg

FE44A255-8D05-4849-BC03-33E6150FC794.jpeg

DE67C5E6-E815-4382-AF31-768F0BA7565D.jpeg

7C1F9BB3-4805-470E-B8E1-E3945CD12CC5.jpeg

ABDE18ED-23FA-4AFF-8966-741568BCC103.jpeg

46683CF6-345D-478D-B5C0-DB56BFAAEA4E.jpeg

B8EC2E6E-BD6C-4CC4-AC59-162C728D00EE.jpeg

58 minutes ago, IHFarmer07 said:

Lol not sure how you will, I’m in Missouri.  

Oh I don’t know ,sir ! I’ve traveled many many miles to get beat bad ! But I got over it on the long ride back ! 

5 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Oh I don’t know ,sir ! I’ve traveled many many miles to get beat bad ! But I got over it on the long ride back ! 

Lol, that’s fine!! I don’t travel far so I don’t get beat bad! 

Does anyone know how to change the title, or know if it can be changed since I’m no longer going with a 560 project? 

Other forums I know I can but, I can’t seem to find it for this one. 

8 minutes ago, IHFarmer07 said:

Lol, that’s fine!! I don’t travel far so I don’t get beat bad! 

I personally learned getting beat bad is victory on the way home. Cause I review and review that episode of sixty second event in front of all those people ,I make a mental after action reports on the embarrassing 60 second event, so it  isn’t as bad next time! 
Glad you don’t do this ,cause it’s dangerous driving home at 2 am in the morning cause not focusing on driving safety! I’m in reviewing the event. 
I’m finished Have fun