I have a Case Corp. brochure  that has print date of 7-95. Picture attached. You can see the IH models listed that had a ROPS  available in the  program that Case/IH was running at that time.  504 models were not listed. Is your 504 a Farmall or International?  Also attached  pictures of a Farmall 544 with original factory IH ROPS.

001.jpg

scan0002 (Large).jpg

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

• Like 1

To save from having another thread mom wants me to get a rops and seat belt for the C . I was thinking someone had posted a picture of one . Maybe @ny bill o

Bitty,  Ken Updike replied to a post years ago about someone wanting to put a rops on a Letter series tractor.  IH didn’t build the axle housings to with stand a roll over with a rops.  Image the number series & 460/560 was same issue.  When did rops show up an IH tractor?

On 8/18/2020 at 12:55 AM, SJH said:

Does any company make a rops slash canopy for a 504 ? 

I put a ROPS from Hercules on my 504, thru the ROPSR4U.org program. I'm not sure if the program is funded in Washington. It started in NY. The ROPS on the 1206 is by Saf-T-Cab.

100_1676.thumb.JPG.d485104a6b2b93f498e11baed70fc3cd.JPG

100_1680.thumb.JPG.e1e71e23ef24661775ba204164bc4aa8.JPG

2 hours ago, bitty said:

To save from having another thread mom wants me to get a rops and seat belt for the C . I was thinking someone had posted a picture of one . Maybe @ny bill o

Yes, I put a Hercules ROPS on one of the Super Cs. Can't find the picture at the minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 years ago, my dad tipped over my newer cab tractor in a the ditch.  The cab/rops hit the ground, stopped the tractor.  He shut it off, climbed out and went for help.   After righting the tractor with a strap, we found that literally the only damage was the flasher was smashed.   Not only did the ROPS save his life, it kept the tractor from going all the way over and draining oils/etc., or ruining an engine due to same.

So I'm a big fan of ROPS. I don't feel safe on a tractor w/o....and I live in flatland IL.    Even if the axle breaks off, I'd still rather be inside that box of heavy steel than be the high point on the tractor.  (I rolled a gocart once.....that was heavy enough for me!  2 days later the go-cart had a roll bar too!) 

That $1200 or so seems like a lot of money until the tractor starts rolling.  Then it seems real cheap.   Buy one.  If you can't find one for your tractor, have a decent welder make you something.  Yeah, I know, they always say its not safe ifs its not certified.... I say any typical farmer can build something sturdy enough that it will be far better than nothing.

IL supposedly still has the ROPS program, but there is no money in it.   SO no refunds.  As usual, the politicians got the votes out of a big splash on how they were protecting the farmers, and then never bothered to actually keep funding the program as soon as it wan't news any more.

• Like 1

I had a neighbor killed in a  tractor rollover. It was a utility tractor with the rops folded down. He was haul litter out of a chicken house to spread on a pasture and ran off the end of a culvert.

Anyone  have a link to the YouTube video demonstrating the ih ROPS? Someone posted a link years ago and I can't find it now. It showed a 656? Rolling over many times.

Thx-Ace 

On 8/19/2020 at 6:00 PM, bitty said:

Tim, here is the picture of the ROPS on the Super C. Looks a little clunky, but the "authorities" say it is approved for that tractor. Oddly, the straight C wasn't listed, why, I don't know. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work on a C.

563813087_2017-05-2707_27_00.thumb.jpg.e6d5f32cb4b40b1174b41b0c43843078.jpg

• Thanks 1