CIH 510 VS 520 loader

Snowmad

I'm looking at a CIH 510 loader to put on my 5230 Maxxim.  It's self leveling, quick attach.  I believe it was made by Great Bend.  I have a GB 660 loader and have had zero problems with it on another tractor.  I like the  idea of self leveling.  What's the difference between the 510 and 520 loader?  I know I can't be too picky to find a loader with  the mounting brackets for my tractor that's 25 years old is a long shot anyway.  Just wondering what the difference between the two models is?

I can't quite remember if there is a difference in the front mount or what. We had a 5140 cab that we put a new 520 self leveling loader on in the fall of '93. Then around '98 we got another used 5140 open station with e 510 non leveling loader. In hindsight I think the rear mount is slightly farther back from the front to assist with tighter turning radius

51 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Basically no difference, 510 was built for 5100 series while the 520 was built for 5200 series. Either could be purchased with 4 or 6 cylinder mounts. 

Yes this is correct but I think you can't mount a 520 on 510 brackets and vise versa. We had tried to while one tractor was down. There is a difference between the rear mounts , maybe only a few inches but a difference. We got rid of the second maxxum 7 years ago

8 hours ago, Snowmad said:

I'm looking at a CIH 510 loader to put on my 5230 Maxxim.  It's self leveling, quick attach.  I believe it was made by Great Bend.  I have a GB 660 loader and have had zero problems with it on another tractor.  I like the  idea of self leveling.  What's the difference between the 510 and 520 loader?  I know I can't be too picky to find a loader with  the mounting brackets for my tractor that's 25 years old is a long shot anyway.  Just wondering what the difference between the two models is?

My 5240 has a great bend on it looks exactly like 520 ih .