Paper Wasp Removal Help Needed

Spray carb. cleaner. One touch and instant gone. Usually cheaper than Raid

3 hours ago, AKwelder said:

I can’t buy napalm

That's really serious!😁

I'm of the leave them alone if you can mentality as I've seen wasps  eating other insects. I'd pay them to eat mosquitoes but as B.B. said, they're hard to reason with.

We've got brown wasps living under our pool deck and they just go about their business and don't bother us. They even get used to friends kids stomping across the deck. Some yellow jackets moved in and they don't know how to play nice so my wife climbed under at night and blasted the nest with the foamy stuff.

The wasp killer works pretty well. Distance is definitely your friend. Back in high school, you could figure one a year someone would find one during the winter and scoop it up in a trash bag so they could dump it in a school trash can. Naturally before high schools were monitored with CCTVs.

• Sad 1

Well, some of the wasps died a fiery death.  It was just starting to get dark, but there must have been quite a few of them out and about.  The ones that came back had an angry little swarm at the top of the bush.  They got a second helping of carb cleaner and wasp spray.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, New Englander said:

That's really serious!😁

I'm of the leave them alone if you can mentality as I've seen wasps  eating other insects. I'd pay them to eat mosquitoes but as B.B. said, they're hard to reason with.

We've got brown wasps living under our pool deck and they just go about their business and don't bother us. They even get used to friends kids stomping across the deck. Some yellow jackets moved in and they don't know how to play nice so my wife climbed under at night and blasted the nest with the foamy stuff.

They started it

I keep bees.  The wasps will pray on my bees, and really mess with a hive

When I was a kid one of dad's friends would use wasp larvae for fish bait. He would walk up to a wasp nest, pick it and walk off with it. He did it smoothly and will confidence. I never saw him get stung.

They make great bate for perch if you pick the nest clean but if you spray the nest the fish won't bite them. It must leave a bad smell.

Thx-Ace 

4 hours ago, AKwelder said:

They started it

I keep bees.  The wasps will pray on my bees, and really mess with a hive

Don't mess with the pollinators! Napalm is too good for bee killers.

Napalm is nothing more than gasoline and powdered laundry detergent mixed in until it turns into a gel.

No smoking when mixing!

I don't want to know how you will deliver this?

10 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Napalm is nothing more than gasoline and powdered laundry detergent mixed in until it turns into a gel.

No smoking when mixing!

sounds like it would work well for ammonium nitrate 

On 8/18/2020 at 10:16 PM, Diesel Doctor said:

No smoking when mixing!

F4 Phantom. No big deal.

I have disposed of paper wasps where the nest was in a bad location but out of reach with a vacuum cleaner and a 10’ piece of pvc pipe taped to the vacuum hose. The wasps get mad at the end of the pipe that is right by their nest, rather than the operator 10’ away.  Not too hard to suck them in. Once all the miscreants have been captured, send a good shot of bug killer down the tube, shut the vacuum off, shoot more bug killer down the tube and plug the end. 

• Like 2
On 8/17/2020 at 5:10 PM, Rick G. said:

Forget those suggestions from our friends on the board here. They mean well to help but.... Here is the best way to do away with your wasp problem.

Guaranteed results.

Go big or go home.

Everything bigger in Texas ,even overkill

On 8/22/2020 at 10:03 AM, augercreek said:

Here's a neat nest, never noticed it till this spring !

001.JPG

Priceless 

Those little insects are very picky about their nest.  I can get them to leave home by just a small puff or RAID flying insect killer.  

Very common in this area of Texas, I have never been stung by one. 

I try not to eradicate them just to have them move to some place where we can live peaceably together.

3 hours ago, oleman said:

Those little insects are very picky about their nest.  I can get them to leave home by just a small puff or RAID flying insect killer.  

Very common in this area of Texas, I have never been stung by one. 

I try not to eradicate them just to have them move to some place where we can live peaceably together far apart.

Fixed it. 😁