Overkill for the job and I love it

Lots of difference between what rake or tedder you have. A 256 roll-bar NH compared to a twin rotor Claas takes a much different minimum tractor required. We have a 2 star tedder and then we have a 10 star and the latter is semi mounted and can push a 1066 on the hills. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, acem said:

What is a 10 star rake?

It has 10 rotors . Years ago back when a 9' mower was mainly what was available it was referred to a one row tedder if it was two rotors. Now since there are mostly wider mowers the tedders and referred to as a 2 star , 4 star etc. Technically they are sold as X amount of meters of effective working width. Our 10 star is around 36'? or 11 meters if I remember correctly

My six star is 27’ I believe.  Covers three rows out of a 10’ mower. My neighbor has an 8 star, different brand and it’s only 2 or 2.5’ wider.  Just like rakes, some stars are bigger than others. 

When I was in high school working at a local diary farm, the boss sent me out to rake hay with an m farmall, I thought he was off his rocker, at home we always used a 200 or an h ,now you guys change the whole picture, makes me laugh.

3 hours ago, acem said:

I prefer to rake with a narrow front. Thx-Ace 

Us too.