Michael Halsall Posted August 16, 2020 Posted August 16, 2020 Does anyone know the serial number break or approximate date when the first Farmall Super C tractor was built with FAST-HITCH? I believe it was some-time in 1953 and it was IH's first attempt at marketing their Fast-Hitch system before releasing it on all 100 Series Farmall models in late 1954. Apparently Farmall Super C tractors with Fast-Hitch are now quite collectable! Regards from Michael H. in Australia ? Quote
superman Posted August 16, 2020 Posted August 16, 2020 Hello Australia; Super C 1951-1954 I have a 1954, they made a lot of factory changes bigger radiator 1 1/2 inch more horse power bigger steering wheel 18 inch silver seat the fast hitch, was their own longer rear axles total built; 98,310 I can spot a Super C a mile away ? Quote
560Dennis Posted August 17, 2020 Posted August 17, 2020 Not an expert on the date of introduction, have not heard desirable collection ,but the equipment is rarely seen , so I grab any plows disc cultivator ,mower ,corn planters you can , I think they are a great set up for use, and shows Quote
Tonyinca Posted August 17, 2020 Posted August 17, 2020 My Late 1953 Super C , with factory Fast Hitch. I would say , SC with Fast Hitch , are more desirable along with wide front. However, C's seem to be very popular in general. Tony 2 Quote
bitty Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 This is from pictures I took this year at the loyalsock antique machinery show. Pictures wouldn't load, I will try at the shop Quote
superman Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 Bitty; was you eating a sandwich when you took the pictures? Quote
bitty Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 19 minutes ago, superman said: Bitty; was you eating a sandwich when you took the pictures? I don't remember. Where you at the show? Quote
bitty Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 2 hours ago, bitty said: This is from pictures I took this year at the loyalsock antique machinery show. Pictures wouldn't load, I will try at the shop Quote
IH Forever Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 I'd love to have that fast hitch Electrall Bitty has pictured. I have a lot of fast hitch implements but that I don't have. I bid on 1 at a sale by Alleman IA a few years back but it got out of my price range unfortunately. Quote
bitty Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 1 hour ago, IH Forever said: I'd love to have that fast hitch Electrall Bitty has pictured. I have a lot of fast hitch implements but that I don't have. I bid on 1 at a sale by Alleman IA a few years back but it got out of my price range unfortunately. I saw that electral in Wisconsin for the Union Grove show in 2016. Bill's wife said he bought it out that way on the way to the show and they had the super C with them. I was in traffic on RT 80 along with them on the way home at one point. They live 10 miles from me Quote
nepoweshiekfarmalls Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 2 hours ago, IH Forever said: I'd love to have that fast hitch Electrall Bitty has pictured. I have a lot of fast hitch implements but that I don't have. I bid on 1 at a sale by Alleman IA a few years back but it got out of my price range unfortunately. When Farmall Land sells out this fall/winter there will be a fast hitch electrall on the auction (a trailer mounted one as well!). Definitely a series of online auctions worth watching. ? Quote
IH Forever Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 1 minute ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said: When Farmall Land sells out this fall/winter there will be a fast hitch electrall on the auction (a trailer mounted one as well!). Definitely a series of online auctions worth watching. ? Yes that is true. I'm definitely interested to watch that auction. But 1 problem still....that fast hitch electrall will still probably be out of my price range. ? Quote
nepoweshiekfarmalls Posted August 20, 2020 Posted August 20, 2020 I understand that. My wish list from that sale will likely be above my budget as well. But, you never know! Quote
DT Fan Posted August 25, 2020 Posted August 25, 2020 On 8/20/2020 at 10:26 AM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said: I understand that. My wish list from that sale will likely be above my budget as well. But, you never know! I could compile a 'wish-list' too. Farm income not looking to good this year so that is all it will be, probably. Quote
560Dennis Posted August 26, 2020 Posted August 26, 2020 On 8/16/2020 at 5:25 AM, Michael Halsall said: Does anyone know the serial number break or approximate date when the first Farmall Super C tractor was built with FAST-HITCH? I believe it was some-time in 1953 and it was IH's first attempt at marketing their Fast-Hitch system before releasing it on all 100 Series Farmall models in late 1954. Apparently Farmall Super C tractors with Fast-Hitch are now quite collectable! Regards from Michael H. in Australia ? What’s happening with your super c project ❓ Quote
Michael Halsall Posted August 29, 2020 Author Posted August 29, 2020 On 8/20/2020 at 10:45 PM, bitty said: Very cool information! 1954 was a very big year for IH's farm tractor division, as well as the above mentioned Farmalls there were the McCormick Super W-4, the Super W-6 TA range, the Super WD-9 standard treads and Super WDR-9 & WR-9-S rice field tractors. All featured the famous Raymond Loewy styling. 1 Quote
iowaboy1965 Posted September 14, 2020 Posted September 14, 2020 On 8/20/2020 at 8:00 AM, IH Forever said: I'd love to have that fast hitch Electrall Bitty has pictured. I have a lot of fast hitch implements but that I don't have. I bid on 1 at a sale by Alleman IA a few years back but it got out of my price range unfortunately. I was at that sale too for a while. Probably the most electrals i will ever see in one place. Lot of cubs too. Kinda gave me the itch to have a cub, but i have resisted so far. Lol Quote
DT Fan Posted September 14, 2020 Posted September 14, 2020 Think I was at that sale too. Bought a BUNCH of AC parts bin boxes. Still selling them! Was a good investment. Quote
IH Forever Posted September 14, 2020 Posted September 14, 2020 2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said: I was at that sale too for a while. Probably the most electrals i will ever see in one place. Lot of cubs too. Kinda gave me the itch to have a cub, but i have resisted so far. Lol There were many things on that sale I was interested in. But I think the only thing I bought was a set of NOS fast hitch filler plates to use with small point implements on a a large point fast hitch. Everything else was more expensive than I was willing to pay. Do you guys remember the heavy snow that day? I waited to see a fast hitch #55 chisel plow sell and remember it thundering and snowing very hard. We had a terrible time going home that day, I35 wasn't good but I think Hwy. 20 had 6-8 inches of snow and hadn't been cleaned off. Quote
iowaboy1965 Posted September 15, 2020 Posted September 15, 2020 I wasnt there that long. I left around the time the electrals were selling. Snow Was just starting or did a short while after that. I got home before it got too bad i think. Lot of stuff i would have liked to have too, didnt have much of a budget either. Quote
DT Fan Posted September 15, 2020 Posted September 15, 2020 I remember stuff selling pretty high. Several sets of frame weights brought big money. Still get mailers from Girard's, only sale of there's I've been to. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.