Neighbor needs prayers - what they think happened ....

Yesterday afternoon a kid working at the neighbors stopped by and said there was a tractor in the shed on fire. Three of us were there at the shop and we grabbed an extinguisher and flew out the driveway. When we got there 656 gas was major flames, hay wagon was burning next to it. We were able to drag the tractor out , then the wagon as the fire department was getting there. In all the excitement I didn't even realize that Mike was even hurt . His arm was blistered on the backside we saw once he mentioned it. He went to the ambulance and they looked at him . Turns out he was burned on the leg and buttocks even though his pants showed no signs of anything being wrong. 

He was taken to Lehigh Valley burn center for treatment. By luck we were at the shop and were able to get there soon enough to keep it from all going up. It did bring back some uncomfortable feelings from our barn fire 15 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

Prayers. Glad he's got you guys for neighbors. Sounds like you helped save it from being worse    

Prayers for a quick recovery for your neighbor. Sounds like you guys did really good to keep it from being worse. Good job Sir!

Prayers sent.  Good job Bitty and company!

Oh ,my burns,  , how painful and infection , I pray god heals that boy , 

47 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

Prayers sent 

X2

• Like 1

Sure glad you were able to respond as quickly as you did to keep things from being much worse 

You brought up a very good point. He was burned underneath his pants even though they showed no signs. 

Anyone involved a situation should always be completely checked out for injuries. They are not always obvious.

Prayers for all those involved and that your heart rate has gone back down bitty.

Good and bad. Thank God for neighbors!

We had a minor (even more minor by comparison) issue in the family with a vehicle yesterday. I had to force myself to see the positive. All we lost in the end was money, and no one was hurt.

In this case, your neighbor is hurt but sounds like he'll recover. My grandmother was burned in a chemical fire at the farm long before I was born and it affected her for the rest of her life BUT, the rest of her life was a long time and that's a good thing. I'll send some up from here, for your neighbor.

Bless your neighbor and bless you for being there, showing bravery instead of cowardice and doing your part!

on it...................praying for a speedy recovery and for the neighbors to be able to help out the family while he is down and unable to take care of farm responsibilities, so thankful he has neighbors like yourself that are there to help!!! 

we have to take care of  each other, we were never made to do this alone 

5 hours ago, bitty said:

Yesterday afternoon a kid working at the neighbors stopped by and said there was a tractor in the shed on fire. Three of us were there at the shop and we grabbed an extinguisher and flew out the driveway. When we got there 656 gas was major flames, hay wagon was burning next to it. We were able to drag the tractor out , then the wagon as the fire department was getting there. In all the excitement I didn't even realize that Mike was even hurt . His arm was blistered on the backside we saw once he mentioned it. He went to the ambulance and they looked at him . Turns out he was burned on the leg and buttocks even though his pants showed no signs of anything being wrong. 

He was taken to Lehigh Valley burn center for treatment. By luck we were at the shop and were able to get there soon enough to keep it from all going up. It did bring back some uncomfortable feelings from our barn fire 15 years ago. 

Bitty

Thank you for being there and helping this neighbor,  God bless you.  The best help is being there quickly and doing what you can to save what you can.

GT&T

Thanks for helping with this. He is doing good considering what happened. 

I just got word back from his fiance who is a nurse that they are going to be releasing him today

Screenshot_2020-08-13-12-20-20.png

• Like 8
2 hours ago, bitty said:

Thanks for helping with this. He is doing good considering what happened. 

I just got word back from his fiance who is a nurse that they are going to be releasing him today

Great News!

Prayer for healing and full recovery!

He looks like he's taking it well. Prayers for a speedy recovery.