unwelcome guest at night?

At a "corn shelling" seems like there are way more rats than you can kill no matter what.    put several running lawnmowers near where they are gonna come out of......... they run under the mower to hide ........... well lets just say it works very well

• Like 5
1 hour ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Well, did you or did you not?

Ha! yeah, I did, but I was way too close and the little 20 I was using is full choke. It's actually an H&R Topper, Friends of the NRA issue. It was the first gun I got for my kids. My son loved it and progressed through several more, my daughter is totally ambivalent about shotguns but would plink with a 22 all day. The H&R is just so tiny it's easy to keep by the door.

I had a ferret for years, put him under a bin and instantly the rats ran out the other side! you had to be quick with a scattergun to hit them. I learned to feed the ferret before going ratting, or he'd find a nest of baby rats and stay there till he ate them all.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, R Pope said:

I had a ferret for years, put him under a bin and instantly the rats ran out the other side! you had to be quick with a scattergun to hit them. I learned to feed the ferret before going ratting, or he'd find a nest of baby rats and stay there till he ate them all.

I’ll bet that would be much more effective than the white rat theory we were told

Very effective! The rats that escaped just kept running, never to return! I don't know how they knew what a ferret is, never having encountered one before, but one whiff was all it took!

21 minutes ago, R Pope said:

It would seem to be more appropriate for rat eradication to send the ferret in hungry!

On 8/14/2020 at 10:24 AM, R Pope said:

but one whiff was all it took!

I've never held one. Do they have an odor?

Fun fact: Way back Snap-On tools called their socket set ferret wrenches for their ability to get in close spaces.

They have a musk gland that goes away when the vet neuters them. Mine still had all the original equipment and the odor wasn't bad at all. The females don't smell.

well we see what looks like a chipmunk or could be squirrel set out a live trap with the goodies in it doesn't seem very interested in going in, did find a hole  chewed through a deck, don't know if that's the problem though,

On 8/11/2020 at 5:59 PM, hobbyfarm said:

I hope it isn't a rat or rats.

Same thing...just a cute tail 

• Haha 1