The country crawls under a rock

8 hours ago, clay neubauer said:

Rip the band-aid off.  Is there a better time to get the maximum number of people exposed than NOW when it's 80-90 degrees, sunny, people are at their most active and generally most healthy point?  Or should we wait until the miserable winter and compound this with the standard cold, flu, pneumonia season?  Nobody in the stay at home forever camp will answer me on this simple question wherever I post it.  And, for the record- I sleep next to somebody who works for a cardiology firm and has had multiple coworkers and patients in her office that were positive for the Kung Flu.  I've got more skin in the game than a lot of the fear mongers do.

Id rather get sick in the winter myself.  Dont think the weather /sun really has much to do with recovery.  Busiest time of year for me is may-November.   If we can stave this off till january would work great for me.  Even better if i had to quarantine from say thanksgiving through new years that would be ideal.

• Like 3
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It aint a hoax but it is a virus and it is going to run it's course no matter how long you hide out. You will be exposed to it at some point. What happens after that depends on how well your body can

I personally don’t think this flu is a hoax and I’m betting MTO as well as the majority of other members here don’t either .  I just don’t think it’s needs to cripple the economy while at the same tim

Unpopular opinion... This virus is not going away....for 90 percent it will not even be a issue...the only way out of this is thru...  Im not saying we need to do nothing but we are not doing our

1 hour ago, cjf711 said:

Id rather get sick in the winter myself.  Dont think the weather /sun really has much to do with recovery.  Busiest time of year for me is may-November.   If we can stave this off till january would work great for me.  Even better if i had to quarantine from say thanksgiving through new years that would be ideal.

It has been my experience that there is never a time that getting sick doesn't interfere with my schedule.  Tax prep, firewood harvest, getting machinery ready to plant, planting, weed control, getting machinery ready for harvest, honey-do projects, harvest, hunting season, cutting firewood, trapping, Christmas, and ice fishing.  Oops, left out giving the grandson (3) tractor rides. Who has time to be sick.   cab

• Like 1

The virus is 100% real, I know 1/2 dozen people who have had it. No deaths, but one who spent 10 days on a ventilator, one who had a serious bout with all the symptoms but every test came up negative, the rest tested positive but were mostly asymptomatic.

The reaction and hype is 95% manufactured. Total death counts were up just as much percentage wise back with H1N1 and SARS. The media didn't go crazy with wall to wall coverage and we didn't lock anything down, life moved on.

And that's what makes me nervous. What is the agenda behind this? Politics, profit, mandatory vaccinations? Something even more sinister?.. Ever read Tom Clancy's "Rainbow Six"? May be fiction, but a workable concept and we have people just fanatical enough to try it.

One thing is for sure, you can even see it here on RPF. Reactions to the virus have been drawn up to divide the population. We are being forced into us or them camps and being pitted against one another. There is no middle ground, period.

People need to take a step back, curb their emotions and think a bit. The virus is real, you don't want to get it, definitely no one wants to die. There are some common sense things that help you not get it. But we're also not dealing with a virus like ebola. That nasty bugger kills 80-90% of the people who get it within 10 days! Could you imagine if something like that was running through our population? 

I really believe this virus, just like 100s before it has to run its course. The faster it gets through the population, the faster it will be gone. The more we try to control it, the more chance it will mutate to a point that we start all over.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, yellowrosefarm said:

To defeat Trump in the November elections.  All the current craziness is linked to that.

Are you 100% with out any doubt sure?

That's probably a big part of it here, but the hype is being spread in other countries too. 

Play what if a bit, many other possibilities that make the political angle probably the most innocent of motives.

Figured I'd explain my reference to above Clancy book. A rough outline of the plot;

Antagonist in the story is a group of environmentalists who feel humans are destroying the Earth. In their quest to save mother nature they believe that mankind must be eliminated - except for the few enlightened among themselves of course. To meet this end, they develop a mutated form of Ebola to spread among the population. They know they cannot infect everybody directly, so they devise a vaccine that inserts the dormant virus in those who get the shot. The plan is then to infect people at the Olympics by aerosol, who will travel home infecting people worldwide & causing a pandemic, creating a demand for a vaccine against this horrible disease. The antagonist's company will then magically produce this tested safe cure.... but 6 months after getting the shot, unexpected side effects will wipe everyone out.

Of course, all fiction. But some interesting similarities to current life. In the story, the main bad guy was a well known, ultra wealthy, left wing activist... hmm... Bill Gates. Despite being in private industry, he had the ear of some government officials who disliked the fictional president... corrupt anti-Trump FBI? The bad guys built some remote complexes to escape and ride out their future Armageddon... like these luxury bomb shelters the elite have been spending millions on to reserve their places.

We see this smear campaign on hydroxychloroquin - a drug that has safely been in use for 60+ yrs. The Russians just released a vaccine - it is being discredited and smeared in the first couple days out... just like we are to wait for THEIR vaccine to be saved... We see this mask mandate pushed months after the start of the pandemic, but just in time before a possible release of a home grown vaccine - we are all seeing the public shaming of someone who doesn't wear a mask, what will happen if you refuse getting the shot?

Gotta go, I see some black helicopters heading my way ;) 

• Like 1

When the people that don’t wear tin foil hats smell a rat something’s up.

Spore 7 

Written in 1979. Deals in behind the curve scientists, infection, mass hysteria. Throw the Chinese in for good measure. The ending is also rather telling.

Me and my son had our Covid tests today. My boss said I had to take one because I had been in close proximity to a “suspected” case, go figure. Good thing is I’m off with pay until results. That dam q tip the size of a yard stick they shoved up my nose was unfortunate...

On 8/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, Farmall Nut said:

A Trump win WILL result in riots like we’ve not experienced........yet. This isn’t Repub versus Dem, this is good versus evil. Both parties are very broken. I’ve seen neighbor fighting neighbor over this mess. Our country is being taken down from the inside. 

I think its evil vs evil. they both suck.         Seems ones an idiot and the other no better 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, dannyredfan said:

I think its evil vs evil. they both suck.         Seems ones an idiot and the other no better 

When I stated “Good vs Evil”, I wasn’t referring to candidates or politics! Our country has a morality problem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/11/2020 at 7:01 AM, new guy said:

It aint a hoax but it is a virus and it is going to run it's course no matter how long you hide out. You will be exposed to it at some point. What happens after that depends on how well your body can handle it. Politicians aint God. They cant control or stop it. 

"They can't control or stop it".  Man that's a bunch of Bull Sh3t if i ever heard it. Apparently you haven't heard of very own know it all Super Man? Washington State Governor Jay Inslee that dude can control or stop everything, just ask this village idiot he will set you straight. Why people vote for this clueless idiot has me baffled and I'm not easily baffled.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Cattech said:

Are you 100% with out any doubt sure?

That's probably a big part of it here, but the hype is being spread in other countries too. 

Play what if a bit, many other possibilities that make the political angle probably the most innocent of motives.

Ultimately, it's the big push for a one world government  Trump has been majorly in the way of achieving that. Another reason Obama was so fawned over.

• Like 2

Watch and decide for yourself.

• Like 1

Every non Democrat in the country needs to turn off the TV. Quit buying newspapers. Listening to talk and news radio. A good old fashioned strike. And don’t call it a boycott(or let them do so).Call it a Strike.

• Like 2