The country crawls under a rock

20 minutes ago, IHC_1470 said:

If the news media had never said any thing about this would we have even known? I know of 2 old folks that have died from covid related issues. It is called loneliness, no one was allowed to see them. Visited a long time friend over the weekend who is slowly loosing the battle with cancer. Asked if needed to bring a mask and I would have wore it. The answer was no I want to see you and be able to visit. As I was leaving his wife said thank you so much for coming and please come back soon. Seems his blood relatives who live close by have not been once to visit. Sad we are allowing fear to run our lives.

Fear is the ultimate tool to control the population, keep em scared until the so called savior is revealed, the sheep will run to it in masses.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It aint a hoax but it is a virus and it is going to run it's course no matter how long you hide out. You will be exposed to it at some point. What happens after that depends on how well your body can

I personally don’t think this flu is a hoax and I’m betting MTO as well as the majority of other members here don’t either .  I just don’t think it’s needs to cripple the economy while at the same tim

Unpopular opinion... This virus is not going away....for 90 percent it will not even be a issue...the only way out of this is thru...  Im not saying we need to do nothing but we are not doing our

42 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

Maybe if people had taken it seriously in the beginning things would be better now. 

Do you really think that’s an accurate statement ?  

So, back in  ( let’s just say January )

if the whole world would have just went into some sort of air tight purified and sterile bomb shelter , stayed there for six months, then re- emerged , then we would all be back to normal and free of any threat of a virus?

Now keep in mind it’s ok with me whatever you think !!   I’m not dogging you or your opinion .  I just wonder what exactly do you think is going to change and what we should have done differently .

We all know the mask debacle is nothing more then a “ feel good “  façade being worn incorrectly and for extended time period with out replacing.

The six foot rule,  well that’s another joke!!

Washing your hands ?  Ok well that never hurts.

It’s a flu virus,  a mean one but never the less it has a better recovery rate then hundreds of other things out there that can also be transmitted by being human  and living everyday life . 

one things for sure about your statement is that the fact is even with everyone  
( FINALLY) complying with the mask and distance rules And ( FINALLY) taking all this seriously that things have only gotten worse.  

2 hours ago, 1965Dennis said:

Say what you want about the virus being a hoax. I have 3 friends that have died from this imaginary sickness. 

And I have four friends that have passed away this year already of other illnesses . 

1 hour ago, MTO said:

When our freedoms and liberties are threatened, this country has ALWAYS stood up to them to keep our strength alive.

I see it as a war that threatens us and our servicemen, risking death, march straight into danger for the safety and future of our country.

We, as citizens, need to show the same fearlessness and prohibit this threat from allowing our country to crumble.

Many will die as our soldiers have in order to keep our country strong for our children and grandchildren.

That`s how I see it anyhow.

Yes, the elderly need to stay protected but the young and strong need to get out from under the rock and march forward into this enemy and show some courage. 

There is no need to go to war without a helmet on ,   so, put on a mask and do your job .  

Thats how i see it

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Do you really think that’s an accurate statement ?  

So, back in  ( let’s just say January )

if the whole world would have just went into some sort of air tight purified and sterile bomb shelter , stayed there for six months, then re- emerged , then we would all be back to normal and free of any threat of a virus?

Now keep in mind it’s ok with me whatever you think !!   I’m not dogging you or your opinion .  I just wonder what exactly do you think is going to change and what we should have done differently .

We all know the mask debacle is nothing more then a “ feel good “  façade being worn incorrectly and for extended time period with out replacing.

The six foot rule,  well that’s another joke!!

Washing your hands ?  Ok well that never hurts.

It’s a flu virus,  a mean one but never the less it has a better recovery rate then hundreds of other things out there that can also be transmitted by being human  and living everyday life . 

one things for sure about your statement is that the fact is even with everyone  
( FINALLY) complying with the mask and distance rules And ( FINALLY) taking all this seriously that things have only gotten worse.  

the majority here isnt doing squat to comply with distancing or masks... its as if nothing has changed except our county is surging in cases.  I think we shot our wad too early when it was a problem in NY,  and now its a rural problem here and people are too burnt out, tired, mentally weak, to pay attention anymore and act when it actually matters.   

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

the majority here isnt doing squat to comply with distancing or masks... its as if nothing has changed except our county is surging in cases.  I think we shot our wad too early when it was a problem in NY,  and now its a rural problem here and people are too burnt out, tired, mentally weak, to pay attention anymore and act when it actually matters.   

Or maybe we realize it is a virus that is going to run its course regardless of what we do. Many are in the mindset of just getting it and getting over it. Time to move on. Many other things that can kill us on a daily basis. Good to be a little careful but dont live life in fear. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

And I have four friends that have passed away this year already of other illnesses . 

There have been more drug related deaths in my country than have been attributed to covid.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I call my 95 yo mother at the nursing home everyday. (Can't see her in person)

First thing she tells me is about the millions who have died from Covid. Dang it mom, quit watching the news, Andy Griffith or Green Acres has to be on somewhere.

Wish I could get the news channels blocked on her tv.

Get that Old Girl on the HALLMARK channel, it is all feel good and VIRUS is never in the lineup.  Personally I alternate between FOX and Hallmark, never under any circumstances put on CNN and other crap channels.

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion...

This virus is not going away....for 90 percent it will not even be a issue...the only way out of this is thru...  Im not saying we need to do nothing but we are not doing ourselves any favors by prolonging the inevitable.

• Like 9
10 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

I live in a small rural county, less than 22k residents, the majority of whom work in the Houston, Beaumont metro areas, refineries etc,  we’ve had three deaths attributed to covid, one male 55 with pre existing health issues and a woman in her 50s suffering from terminal cancer in a facility where  my dil is a reg nurse, and a lady in her 50s I know nothing about, .01% death rate, the terminal cancer patient was tested positive with no symptoms other than fever caused by sepsis from her severe cancer lesions, like I said in another post, we’ve had more drug related deaths than from covid, I don’t deny the existence of covid, the reaction is greatly exaggerated imho.

• Like 5

My brother and I are both over 70 YO, His contention is that everyone who dies in America today is put on the current "death by virus list", unless they are killed resisting arrest, virus list. He saw a report where a guy killed in a motorcycle accident was tested positive for the virus and his death was attributed to the virus!  What we never see is the numbers of people who died every day in the USA during so-called normal times!!!   There are a lot of people in the USA a large number can be a really small percentage of the whole number.  The old axiom is still true: FIGURES DON'T LIE BUT LIARS FIGURE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I think it’d do everyone a lot of help regarding this topic to forget the notion that there’s “good in the heart of every soul”.

i think there are plenty of downright a-holes that’ll do anything to any body to get themselves further down the line.

I think this virus is a real thing, and the people suffering from getting it are real, but the reaction and information is nothing more than a tool to get something in the end

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mader656 said:

Unpopular opinion...

This virus is not going away....for 90 percent it will not even be a issue...the only way out of this is thru...  Im not saying we need to do nothing but we are not doing ourselves any favors by prolonging the inevitable.

Ever been to the doctor thinking you got the flu or something to be told it's a virus. What's the doctor tell you? It's gotta run its course. The same thing this one is gonna have to do. Might as well get it over with. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, 1965Dennis said:

Say what you want about the virus being a hoax. I have 3 friends that have died from this imaginary sickness. And they never came near each other. Only 1 was in a nursing home. The rest followed the precautions but still are dead. Like the Spanish flu many years ago, people didn't think it was real until it affected them personally.

There’s the virus, and then there’s a group of people who are fear mongers who are trying to use the virus to further their cause. Let no crisis go to waste mentality.

It’s pretty simple to see if you’re willing to listen to a different drum beat. There are so many people willing to put their reputation on the line to try and debunk the selected narrative that’s being pushed here. 
Look at any of the social media platforms to see that. It’s all free speech protected until you start saying things “they” don’t want you to say. If you’re in lockstep with the narrative you’re allowed to speak, the minute you fall off the beaten narrative they attack you like a pack of hyenas. 

No one here, that I’ve seen has said this virus is a hoax. What I personally have said on numerous occasions is something stinks about it all. You will not convince me that the data isn’t being manipulated to further the cause. There’s too much that doesn’t add up. Just go back through everything that’s been said that hasn’t been true, or if it was true, how was it manipulated to make it more disastrous than what it really was. 

Two of my oldest sister’s friends died from this, twin brothers. Their family’s are devastated by this as you can imagine. But, when you see videos of nurses talking about how these patients are being used as an economic tool for hospitals, how infected patients are shoved into rooms with non infected patients, how rooms aren’t disinfected after these patients are released,  how bodies are stacked in unrefrigerated box trucks and left to rot.... total lack of respect for these victims and their families. All for what? 
Vt has one of the fewest cases of Covid in the country, I believe it was stated that we had zero active cases, although I’m sure that’s been changed or erased from record now, yet in his moronic wisdom our governor has mandated everyone to wear a mask... stupidity is more contagious than this virus 🦠 

• Like 3

Source: CDC NCHS COVID-19 Dats from NCHS COVID-19 Death Data and Resources Daily Updates of Totals by Week and State

Updated August 11, 2020

All Deaths involving COVID-19 146,414

Deaths involving Pneumonia, with or without COVID-19, excluding influenza deaths   154,065

looks like Pneumonia is not a good thing........

• Like 3
On 8/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, redneckhippie said:

My point is maybe we would be back on track if people took it serious in the beginning.  Now we are going backwards.  Regardless it hasnt changed my life much. A few less stops at convenience store, wear a mask around strangers and wash my hands a little more. 

Yes, I am concerned about the loss of lives but if this $hit continues with bailouts and businesses/schools/factories and economy crashing, we ain`t gonna have a country left to DIE in.

• Like 6
On 8/11/2020 at 12:46 PM, cjf711 said:

There is no need to go to war without a helmet on ,   so, put on a mask and do your job .  

Thats how i see it

Thats fine but what about the millions with no work and the trillions being sent out raising the debt higher and higher until when/what? 

This bubble gonna burst here soon!

• Like 2

Pretty sure I’m the only on one here that’s had it. Yes it sucked. BAD.A year ago it most likely would have killed me. But I didn’t contract it a year ago I contracted it over New Years when I was in the best shape I’ve been in in probably ten year’s. Life is random and terminal. Live it. I’ve lost to friends to it. They lived their lives well.

10 hours ago, Jesse in WI said:

This is just my simple opinion:

Biden wins (a clearly rigged election) = the virus magically disappears within a month (All hail Sleepy Joe)

Trump wins = the left doubles down and pushes the country to the verge of a civil war (they're already picking teams, Pro-police vs Bad Cops, Pro-BLM vs you're all racist, Mask vs no-mask)

A Trump win WILL result in riots like we’ve not experienced........yet. This isn’t Repub versus Dem, this is good versus evil. Both parties are very broken. I’ve seen neighbor fighting neighbor over this mess. Our country is being taken down from the inside. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

My 17 year old son was sent home from the farm he works for today- sore throat and headache. Went to family doctor and he had no fever and tested negative for strep, but they scheduled him for a Covid test tomorrow morning. He told me coming home he should have a strong immune system and hopes he’ll have it so he can get it over with. I’m convinced I had it in January- tested negative for flu and strep twice in 10 days but Covid really wasn’t on the radar then. Sickest I’ve been in a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, MTO said:

I hope you are right but the silent majority is doing nothing now.... except going to work.

Wait until election day? WE WILL SPEAK!

• Like 6
11 hours ago, cjf711 said:

Rip the band-aid off.  Is there a better time to get the maximum number of people exposed than NOW when it's 80-90 degrees, sunny, people are at their most active and generally most healthy point?  Or should we wait until the miserable winter and compound this with the standard cold, flu, pneumonia season?  Nobody in the stay at home forever camp will answer me on this simple question wherever I post it.  And, for the record- I sleep next to somebody who works for a cardiology firm and has had multiple coworkers and patients in her office that were positive for the Kung Flu.  I've got more skin in the game than a lot of the fear mongers do.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Ever been to the doctor thinking you got the flu or something to be told it's a virus. What's the doctor tell you? It's gotta run its course. The same thing this one is gonna have to do. Might as well get it over with. 

This is exactly what I’ve been saying this whole time!

• Like 2