Is your county fair canceled ?

I get nervous walking past some of the rides 

• Like 1

Nope, had it week before last. Outlaw tractor pull and our local classes. Drew a huge crowd and lots of pullers. Only heard of one covid case but not sure it came from there.

• Like 1

Here in Logan county, Ohio was a go but they done away with some of the stuff. Still had a few rides they cleaned and wiped ride down after each time .

• Like 1

Ours want cancelled. It was just postponed until next year. 🙄

Not sure who the spin doctor was thinking they were fooling. The kids had 3 hogs and two beef ready to go to the fair auction. 

Jesse

• Sad 2

We have a big one here, every year but this one.  From what I understand one county in Illinois dared challenge our chubby dear leader, so he pulled all their state funding and denied them any licenses to operate rides and concessions.

• Sad 1

Well you’ve been to Vancouver, the roller coaster is a rickety treat, and the PNE is cancelled, everybody is freaking because a few cases have blown up, and sturgis had gang fights that didn’t get as much press as bikers not adhering to covid rules.

• Sad 2

Thinkin Cherry co just got over. Said they had online auction for kids' animals. From some of the prices I heard, people supported their hard work very well. 

• Like 2

This year’s Monroe County Fair in Monroe, Michigan in my old stomping grounds got cancelled. 

The Texas State Fair up in Dallas has even been cancelled for 2020! 

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, lorenzo said:

2F4B550F-4AE9-4669-B3C5-444FE512E242.thumb.jpeg.e447dbf66f1aa67480d6909fad2ba52b.jpeg

I guarantee that the people jumping on the rides and eating that had nothing to do with the decision not to have fairs.

12 minutes ago, acem said:

All the fair is canceled except the livestock show and auction.

It varies here from county to County on shows and auctions. Some didn't do anything, some did a one day show and online auction.  One fair had show then all the animals went to a local butcher and buyers can buy 1/4, 1/2 or full animal of meat. The fair i showed at as a kid has a show Saturday, no auction. Your on your own to get rid of the animal.

• Like 1

Our county fair was cancelled about 5 years ago when the grounds they had been having it on was sold for a vineyard. They offered it to the county first ,but they turned it down. They tried it in a different location, but without any rides or concessions, and it was predictably a flop.  The best county fair I ever went to was by accident. About 20 years ago my wife and I drove up to Niagara falls. On the way back we stopped in central PA to spend the night and happened on a fair in progress. The animals, the food, the rides, the people in general, all fantastic.

• Like 1