Christmas in summer..

diesel1206

45 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Very interesting!

Was it originally sold in Quebec? I can’t make out the dealer sticker  

Dealer on the side is MF but probably sold new in Qc yes. I’ll try to found more info

44 minutes ago, E160BHM said:

Have seen very few industrial models.  Interesting that there are no holes on the frame rails for implement mounting, but the front bolster has 2 extra pairs of holes.

Industrials weren't meant to be used with frame mounted implements like row crop cultivators or loaders. 

Extra bolster holes were for front mount hydraulic pumps or the such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Extra bolster holes were for front mount hydraulic pumps or the such.

Does that hole line up with the crankshaft? I did not know there were any large frame IH’s made to use a front mount pump. Did IH make pumps to mount on the front or was that aftermarket only?

On 8/11/2020 at 7:32 AM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Did you buy the tractor? 

If you don’t buy it, I will! LOL

What part of Quebec do you live in?

Yes I bought it :) no choice too rare. I’m south Montreal but tractor is 300mi from me. I’ll bring back home the tractor this weekend. 

Is not perfect, no brake, no steering, coast in downhill.

I think I have hydraulic problem need to be fixed. 

But, engine running, tractor move, 4wd work, is not to bad :)

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, diesel1206 said:

Yes I bought it :) no choice too rare. I’m south Montreal but tractor is 300mi from me. I’ll bring back home the tractor this weekend. 

Is not perfect, no brake, no steering, coast in downhill.

I think I have hydraulic problem need to be fixed. 

But, engine running, tractor move, 4wd work, is not to bad :)

Happy to hear that you will save this tractor!    I see the tractor is still advertised for sale!      The price he’s asking is very reasonable!      I guess he’s waiting for you to pick it up before he removes the ad.  
  It’s over 7 hour drive from my place!

Does the PTO work? If it doesn’t work it could be the IPTO Spline at the Clutch is wore out,it may have seen a lot of PTO work.

Keep us posted when you get the tractor home, we will all like to see more pictures of it!

On 8/13/2020 at 9:51 PM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Happy to hear that you will save this tractor!    I see the tractor is still advertised for sale!      The price he’s asking is very reasonable!      I guess he’s waiting for you to pick it up before he removes the ad.  
  It’s over 7 hour drive from my place!

Does the PTO work? If it doesn’t work it could be the IPTO Spline at the Clutch is wore out,it may have seen a lot of PTO work.

Keep us posted when you get the tractor home, we will all like to see more pictures of it!

Is at home now :) this is more picture. 3 point is homemade and is not factory remote valve. Except the hole is sheet metal is in good shape.

need to find why I dont have steering  and brake, and coast in downhill. Pto always turn 

7C96C64B-A95D-410A-A538-2AF6FCCDBBBA.jpeg

A5263A2D-51F9-41D1-9E0F-7F70ADA73130.jpeg

CFF1C06E-9AA3-4748-B731-91064C5980FE.jpeg

DAA05329-0400-48F3-BAE5-BFFC15EB8AF8.jpeg

• Like 7

Beautiful tractor. The steering, brakes, and TA clutches all work from the MCV valve. Simple things first. Check hydraulic oil level and change hydraulic oil filter. Use cheap oil until you get everything working. Over fill hydraulic oil level by 5 gallons. This will bring level above the o-ring seal between speed transmission and range transmission. If this o-ring is sucking air the pump can fail to prime. Rev up tractor to help prime the pump. The pump mounts to the back of the MCV valve. You can unbolt the MCV valve and remove it and the pump from the side of the speed transmission. The MCV valve is a maze of fluid passages and regulating valves.

I purchased a 966 that was severely neglected. The oil filter stopped up and the bypass valve opened. This allowed metal particals to go into the pump and MCV valve. I had a metal flake sticking one of the pressure regulating valves. It scored the bore so bad I had to get another MCV valve.

if you take the MCV valve off the tractor install a new pump and get a spring kit for the MCV valve. Make sure the spools move freely on every valve. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 2:13 AM, MarkG said:

Beautiful tractor. The steering, brakes, and TA clutches all work from the MCV valve. Simple things first. Check hydraulic oil level and change hydraulic oil filter. Use cheap oil until you get everything working. Over fill hydraulic oil level by 5 gallons. This will bring level above the o-ring seal between speed transmission and range transmission. If this o-ring is sucking air the pump can fail to prime. Rev up tractor to help prime the pump. The pump mounts to the back of the MCV valve. You can unbolt the MCV valve and remove it and the pump from the side of the speed transmission. The MCV valve is a maze of fluid passages and regulating valves.

I purchased a 966 that was severely neglected. The oil filter stopped up and the bypass valve opened. This allowed metal particals to go into the pump and MCV valve. I had a metal flake sticking one of the pressure regulating valves. It scored the bore so bad I had to get another MCV valve.

if you take the MCV valve off the tractor install a new pump and get a spring kit for the MCV valve. Make sure the spools move freely on every valve. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Thank you for the info!

5 hours ago, diesel1206 said:

Thank you for the info!

Mark G is bang on, I would give you the same advice!

Good to see you got the tractor home, hopefully you get it figured out, it would look nice restored!  I would like to see that tractor in person someday, It would be very interesting to see, maybe I will contact you in the future and we can set a date.

If you change your mind and want to sell it let me know I am interested! ?

20 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Mark G is bang on, I would give you the same advice!

Good to see you got the tractor home, hopefully you get it figured out, it would look nice restored!  I would like to see that tractor in person someday, It would be very interesting to see, maybe I will contact you in the future and we can set a date.

If you change your mind and want to sell it let me know I am interested! ?

It would be probably never for sale, but  we never know ??‍♂️. Let me know if you come near Mtl I have other tractor you will probably like to see in person. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 1:17 PM, diesel1206 said:

It would be probably never for sale, but  we never know ??‍♂️. Let me know if you come near Mtl I have other tractor you will probably like to see in person. 

Watch it Diesel1206, Dale sets his sights on a tractor..... he'll bug the heck outta you until you sell! ?