19 minutes ago, mikem said:

According to the owner, it's a 1947 KB-14....

150 HP Cummins.

Serial # 1, of 220 something built. (Rare?)

Drove it in from Nebraska!

Mike

....and the tales it could tell.... Beautiful!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AMAZING LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This amazing lady drove the H in the picture from Missouri, to South Dakota, to go to RPRU. 852 miles.... 7 1/2 days... Her husband followed with th

Eye candy for those who could not make it.....

Never seen spinout wheels on a combine before!

Posted Images

thanks for sharing all the pix, my fondest thought of all of this is wouldnt it be amazing to know all the stories from all the people that have owned each of these, started their day on them and watched the sun rise and still riding it into the night not matter truck, tractor, combine, mower etc...........the miles and hard work of all the people and machines amaze me

• Like 4

Jerry Fischer from Hartington, I'm sure his dad was probably there too. They run a feed store and sell and repair power washers, they also have a fair amount of red tractors in their collection, good people and very meticulous. I would hate to guess how many $$$ are in that truck but it sure is purdy.

14 hours ago, lightninboy said:

What's that, a KR-11?

• Like 2

In 1941 the KR-11, with double-reduction rear axle, replaced the previous International DR-70. The International KS-11 was the same basic truck but with a 2-speed rear axle. These K-11 series trucks were International's top-of-the-line gasoline-powered conventional-cab 4-wheelers in the early-1940s and through the war years. They sold very well and were possibly the most common big tractors on the road at the time. The K-11 series began with a 27,000 lb GVW rating, a 114-hp International FBC-401 6-cylinder engine, 5-speed transmission, and standard air brakes. A few trucks were built as KRD-11 and KSD-11 models with 150-hp Cummins HB-600 6-cylinder diesel engines.

https://tractors.fandom.com/wiki/International_KR-11_Truck

The heavy duty K6 and larger use a center hinged butterfly hood rather than the rear hinged hood of the smaller trucks.

K6 and K7 share the same hood, fenders, and grill and use the smaller Blue Diamond engines.

K8 to K11 have a larger hood, fenders, and grill with fewer, but wider, grill bars. They use the larger FAB, Red, or RD series engines depending upon model year.

K12 has a longer hood to accommodate the larger Continental engine. They can either have the rounded nose common to the KB8 and larger or a flat nose grill.

K14 has flat top fenders rather than the rounded top of the smaller sizes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_K_and_KB_series

AMAZING LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This amazing lady drove the H in the picture from Missouri, to South Dakota, to go to RPRU.

852 miles....

7 1/2 days...

Her husband followed with the L series pick-up that is barely visible, pulling a small camper.

THEY ARE LEAVING TOMORROW FOR THE "RETURN TRIP"!!!!!!!

20200810_133342.thumb.jpg.c761e07ecf541662fe0b03e96ca94e39.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to everyone who took these amazing pictures.  And a big shout out to all the folks in South Dakota that made this show happen-----even with all of the covid 19 crap going on.   A job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to everyone who made it to the show and who brought your treasures with you.

I was on grounds for 5 days and never heard a cross word from anyone.

But there was a a lot pf B.S.and smiles.

It was just a group of people who enjoy both IH and people.

Thank you all for sharing your time in South Dakota.

May we do it again sometime.

• Like 6

Thanks for sharing all the pics and time and effort you put into this. Well done.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mikem said:

AMAZING LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This amazing lady drove the H in the picture from Missouri, to South Dakota, to go to RPRU.

852 miles....

7 1/2 days...

Her husband followed with the L series pick-up that is barely visible, pulling a small camper.

THEY ARE LEAVING TOMORROW FOR THE "RETURN TRIP"!!!!!!!

20200810_133342.thumb.jpg.c761e07ecf541662fe0b03e96ca94e39.jpg

They are a special pair to endure that trip TWO WAYS!

Makes me feel guilty for not making the effort to go myself.

Too bad someone doesnt have room on a trailer to help get her home.

thanks for the pictures. there were some pretty interesting things in that section. I never knew there was IH McC milk scales (something to keep an eye out for). the picture after the galvanized manure spreader was some kind of corn chopper? Looks odd with the wooden face pieces from a binder. 

On 8/9/2020 at 9:41 PM, lightninboy said:

You should have got a close-up picture of that grille.

That's my 666 the grill was on it when I bought it about about 5 years ago. To bad I hit the feed wagon with the upper grill kinda broke the ih badge and broke some fiber glass. The paint flaking off the hood is from when it started on fire. I repainted the hood then it flaked off where it burnt the old paint off.