A few projects for this week.

Pics 1 & 2 We put a solid top on the sweeps over the cab and perforated from the front of the cab to the center of the bend.

Pic 3 More water slid mounts for water parks.

IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

IMG_2876.JPG

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, Finney said:

Pics 1 & 2 We put a solid top on the sweeps over the cab and perforated from the front of the cab to the center of the bend.

Pic 3 More water slid mounts for water parks.

i hate looking at your stuff , it makes me realize how bad my stuff really is!!!! 😉

• Haha 5

More

#1 a lifting device for crane rails.

#2 Adding stiffeners on a silage truck. 

#3 Some kind of rear suspension parts for a custom car.

#4 Trying different inductance settings

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

• Like 3

I wonder if the “custom car” parts are buckets for air bags possibly?  Looks nice!  
My metal melting project is much less refined...  Its a rounding hammer head in the making.  

5272D7C2-578B-4A06-9292-01EBE75EBAD6.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I wonder if the “custom car” parts are buckets for air bags possibly?  Looks nice!  
My metal melting project is much less refined...  Its a rounding hammer head in the making.  

Interesting

35 minutes ago, Finney said:

Interesting

I won’t hijack any further. I really enjoy the stuff you create/fix. Hammer is 1045 tool steel. No welding needed for this hopefully. Made to use, below is the first one I made, a cross peen. 

13A72E34-5B9B-4C92-B39B-72261B3C17E2.jpeg

• Like 2

Hammer,

I have a 5ft. dia. circle saw blade that has lost its temper and will not stand straight when running. We need to figure where to meet this fall and I will bring you half of it for the price of a couple of knives.

1 hour ago, Finney said:

Hammer,

I have a 5ft. dia. circle saw blade that has lost its temper and will not stand straight when running. We need to figure where to meet this fall and I will bring you half of it for the price of a couple of knives.

That might be fun. I made my first couple knives from circle saw blades about 15 years ago but never had one that big to work with. They are all different. One I have is hard throughout. Another one is harder near the edge and softer in the center. (Center of blade near arbor, not center of the steel). Only problem is knowing how to heat treat them since nobody knows what steel they are made from. I have had best luck torching out a blank and then shaping it from there. This one was about 2’ diameter and 1/8” thick.  

0C21764C-1F8F-4C5E-A89E-684D70BBB17C.jpeg

8 hours ago, Finney said:

More

#1 a lifting device for crane rails.

#2 Adding stiffeners on a silage truck. 

#3 Some kind of rear suspension parts for a custom car.

#4 Trying different inductance settings

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

On the last picture what do you mean by inductance settings?   That’s a nice looking bead.  Whatever setting that is it’s working.  5DF0C3C4-AD54-4FEA-B7CB-E142CEEA2D76.thumb.jpeg.0fec6316be028bfde11edf328a5c9d34.jpeg29CCC51C-A1B9-4ABE-8B6D-12BC55E22DF6.thumb.jpeg.8224b7d7595110fa75e2e6b8119bd3de.jpegBeen working on a silage truck myself.  Trying to get this tailgate finished and on the truck.  

Paystar, inductance on this welder is changing from a watery puddle to a stiff one. 

Good looking job on the tailgate!!

14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

........Todd.......this is exciting news .......Finney has  created quite a precedent here...........I have TWO    large diameter saw blades, from an old"  breaking down''  bench ......a n old sawmill on a property we    lease.......So......when do I pick you up from the airport ?????????:rolleyes:....Could it be......"Knives are Us""??

Mike

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I was thinking a four point air setup I’d like to know what that’s going to because that’s beefy.