Sign in to follow this  
vtfireman85

on the phone with her sister

my wife and her sister don't see eye to eye on...anything. they are on their bi-annual phone call, there is some really funny facial expressions going on and she's banging her head with the phone🤪

I try to avoid any contact at all with her, but this is funny. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jesse in WI said:

Turn on speaker phone!

Some times it is better to "Know nothing"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

my wife and her sister don't see eye to eye on...anything. they are on their bi-annual phone call, there is some really funny facial expressions going on and she's banging her head with the phone🤪

I try to avoid any contact at all with her, but this is funny. 

I can relate

• Like 1

Hahaha, so apparently my wife is a racist because she bought a bunch of supplies out of pocket to make lanyards for her students and masks to put on them, and some other supplies. She spends a couple thousand every year on stuff that just isn’t covered by her budget. I gather that we have enough that we are able to do that makes us racist... I’m not following the logic, but I am not enlightened, perhaps because all her students this year are white? Or maybe because the masks aren’t black? I dunno.

Apparently you can become enlightened if you are supported by your parents for a couple years because you lost your job in your 30’s and were so unhireable that it took several years to find another. It does afford you the opportunity to attend lots of protests and rallies though.  

😂😂😂

I have long suspected one of big sisters chromosomes forgot to tell a DNA strand it was going on vacation while she was in development, she ain’t right. 

My wife's in the administrative side of school. I don't know how much she spends on the never empty candy jar on her desk but it helps soften the blow when kids are sent to her. Funny though it's the teachers who have the hard time getting their fists out of the jar,😁.

Private school so the teachers don't have to dig into their own pockets but some do anyway; must be in the commitment. When she worked in a public school there was a lot more of it.

I sometimes hear how overpaid teachers are and they have all that time off! Well, no, they don't get paid for that time off. My sister and her husband are both (retired) teachers. She has two masters and had to have continuing education to maintain her certificate but I always made more with no master.

• Like 1

I’d say your among like company here Seth.  My wife is a teacher and will go to no end to help the kids. Most of them dont appreciate anything but once in a while she makes a connection and gets a “Thank You” from a kid.  I applaud her for the work that she and other teachers do off the clock. I couldn’t do it, that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jass1660 said:

White privileged....

Is that what they call a 17hr work day now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, new guy said:

Yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, new guy said:

17 hr? I remember my part time days...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Irish joke

"I slave from 6 am to 6 pm.  A 12 hour day"

"That's nothing!  I slave from 7 am to 7 pm.  A 14 hour day"

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Paper logbooks sure made a difference on the revenue stream...

I am beginning to get really irritated at these lazy people that blame the hard working people for their failure in life. I just stare at these able bodied looking people sitting at the intersections in Des Moines looking for a handout. In this day and age in this country there is no reason for that. They can get free food,housing,cell phones, bus rides, heating assistance.....and on and on...  The working class needs to sit down and REALLY look at how much time we spend working to provide our own food, clothing, shelter and transportation. We also need to figure out how much time we spend working to donate to worthy causes in our communities such as local fire dept, VFW and American Legion, benefits for locals that have lost houses to fires and been overwhelmed by medical problems. Then figure how much time we spend working to pay the taxes pulled from our pay to help pay for all the other able bodied people that dont provide for themselves. The little bit left over is white privilege? So the working minorities that have a little left over like me are considered white privilege also or is there another term for those folks?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, new guy said:

Paper logbooks sure made a difference on the revenue stream...

I am beginning to get really irritated at these lazy people that blame the hard working people for their failure in life. I just stare at these able bodied looking people sitting at the intersections in Des Moines looking for a handout. In this day and age in this country there is no reason for that. They can get free food,housing,cell phones, bus rides, heating assistance.....and on and on...  The working class needs to sit down and REALLY look at how much time we spend working to provide our own food, clothing, shelter and transportation. We also need to figure out how much time we spend working to donate to worthy causes in our communities such as local fire dept, VFW and American Legion, benefits for locals that have lost houses to fires and been overwhelmed by medical problems. Then figure how much time we spend working to pay the taxes pulled from our pay to help pay for all the other able bodied people that dont provide for themselves. The little bit left over is white privilege? So the working minorities that have a little left over like me are considered white privilege also or is there another term for those folks?

This goes with a issue we had here,  four lane divides the local box store area from where they were building a new hotel.  They were building a new hotel and needed someone to sweep up and haul out trash (warm building work in early winter) Construction manager walks over to the pan handlers at the light and offers them a job and lunch for the foreseeable future,  got turned down.  

boss had me stop into local soup kitchen, we needed Snow shoveling.  cash and lunch, no takers out of 40 people (granted some we not able) but WTH? 

It’s a very interesting number when you look at things in percent of income, or days worked to pay for.   Very interesting  

• Like 1

There are tons of 30-35 hour a week jobs available at UPS that includes benefits and starts at $15/hr and vacations after a year. Oh  yeah it is actual physical labor....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, new guy said:

The little bit left over is white privilege? So the working minorities that have a little left over like me are considered white privilege also or is there another term for those folks?

Pretty soon we'll be the minority the way things are going

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

This goes with a issue we had here,  four lane divides the local box store area from where they were building a new hotel.  They were building a new hotel and needed someone to sweep up and haul out trash (warm building work in early winter) Construction manager walks over to the pan handlers at the light and offers them a job and lunch for the foreseeable future,  got turned down.  

boss had me stop into local soup kitchen, we needed Snow shoveling.  cash and lunch, no takers out of 40 people (granted some we not able) but WTH? 

It’s a very interesting number when you look at things in percent of income, or days worked to pay for.   Very interesting  

Those jobs are beneath them. You guys didn’t realize they were all ceo qualified for Fortune 500 companies. They are just waiting for their big break and cleaning up, shoveling isn’t it. I feel some jobs are beneath me as well but I also  learned from my dad that sometimes you have to do those jobs to get by to better times. If it came down to it I would take any job I had to pay my bills and feed my family. 

2 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

If it came down to it I would take any job I had to pay my bills and feed my family. 

Unfortunately you are in the minority with that thought process. Also unfortunately there is a certain subset of this society that is growing daily that thinks that "job" you referred to is doing nothing and collecting welfare. 

I have a cousin who is one of these people. Pregnant at 16 and learned real quick that the state pays more when you have more kids. I think she's up to 6 kids from at least 3 different "men"