Sign in to follow this  
IH6588

Article on RPRU

Very nice!  You can't stop International Harvester from getting the job done. 😁Hope to see many of you there. 

Here’s Mr. Snaza’s tractor. Neat to see an original 50 series that’s just like new. 

9674E30D-91B7-4B55-B240-72A8BF84007C.jpeg

0E37D344-EF37-482B-8BD4-2903251EE519.jpeg

• Like 2

That’s cool , must be a 1984 because it’s all one color 👍😎

Danny

• Like 2

Serial #8418 IIRC. CaseySD and I were looking it over yesterday. Yes, its a late one...you can see there are no IH badges in the black stripe around the cab, the Data Center has no provision for a pyrometer. Still has the plastic over the original hydraulic seat.

If you look closely, you can see the different shades of red that is typical of a 50 series.

Other than a few more hours (20 hours in 20+ years) that tractor hasn't changed since i last drive it in 1997.  Anthony told me the story behind it and his kids were there to share the days with him.  Im SO PLEASED they kept his promise to never take to the field.

He told me its past and here it is.......Apparently an old IH dealer in the Dakotah's (I dont know who..sorry!!) put away 2 5088's right after the merger to save them.  They were always shedded and well kept.  Eventually one of them was sold off in the early 90's and went to the field.  Anthony traded in a 1566 on this tractor with the idea to NEVER USE it again!  At the RPRU in 1997 at Madison, SD, I took my F806 #501 and a friends 1923 Farmall Experimental.  These along with a 98% original Super MTA (less than 100 hours it) and a couple other IH items were in the IH Specialty tent. After unloading the 806 and regular and getting the SMTA parked, Oran Sorenson came to me and said he had a surprise for me.  I really do NOT like surprises as my past experiences in tractor pulling and IH fixing told me that "surprise" = big $$$$$ expense!!!  LOL   

Oran said he had a gentlemen there with his 5088 and we needed to get it inside the tent. OK......the tent sides are not higher than the hood, bur THAT can be fixed with some un-assembly!  The tractor rolls by and its really, really sharp!  like brand new sharp!!  It WAS brand new!  I pulled the stack off and got to work.   It had 5.6 hours on the tach when I got in and VERY VERY carefully maneuvered it  into the tent working round the center main support poles.   The plastic was still on the seat and it was so shiny new...shipping tags still on it too!!

I told Anthony to NEVER SELL this (or if you HAVE to.....call me first!!!)  He and the kids just laughed and said its a keeper.  Kinda like a retirement gift to himself.  It was a geta show to make some NEW IH friends at.  I really enjoyed my time spent with his family!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had a very nice visit with Anthony’s son Ron today at RPRU. Most of the information he shared with me is on his poster board beside his tractor. He takes it out occasionally to stretch its legs. It’s great that he decided to keep it and enjoy it for what it is. 

C0DA6027-DABA-46F5-A108-CC1AEF2831DA.jpeg

5C0E4F89-F887-4D06-B971-30E95D7F6559.jpeg

46C752BE-AAAB-433D-964C-2A7E1B082781.jpeg