Danny Dean?

Does anyone know where Danny Dean that used to pull the 1066 called the Rooster is His brother pulled a D-21 and The rooster was probably the baddest 1066 ever built my dad said and my dad carried weights for him when he was a teenager and wants to know whatever happened to him. Thank you 

Googled him was an article from 2014 he was farming. Article didnt say if he was still in the area or not but listed him as from South Charleston as Rick says above. 

Locations I saw him was Cleveland Coliseum, and Ohio State Fair .  

i found his son what would you guys like to know!!! is someone wanting to write an article ? He typed back to me from facebook today. 

ok ok that was a teaser...........here is what his son told me today but he did say if someone does an article he wants to know about it. 

" He sold his tractor in 1990 and stayed with the sport for a few years via Kevin Kamraus and the Land Shark (his old tractor.) But after Kevin sold it, Dad hasn’t had any active role in pulling. - It’s somewhere out in Iowa or Illinois. I don’t know who owns it now, but I think it’s still pulling somewhere. Although, literally no part of it is the same as what was on Danny Dean’s Rooster.-Let me know if something comes out, please." 

I got the Ceramic N T P A Rooster model around here Somewhere hide so grand kids can’t find it ! Thunder I can’t find it?

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

i found his son what would you guys like to know!!! is someone wanting to write an article ? He typed back to me from facebook today. 

ok ok that was a teaser...........here is what his son told me today but he did say if someone does an article he wants to know about it. 

" He sold his tractor in 1990 and stayed with the sport for a few years via Kevin Kamraus and the Land Shark (his old tractor.) But after Kevin sold it, Dad hasn’t had any active role in pulling. - It’s somewhere out in Iowa or Illinois. I don’t know who owns it now, but I think it’s still pulling somewhere. Although, literally no part of it is the same as what was on Danny Dean’s Rooster.-Let me know if something comes out, please." 

Your a bloodhound dog ,went right to the source ,good one Thanks 

If I see a 1066 Any time I immediately think of the Rooster. You just can’t not if you knew anything about the sport. 
 like Lone Ranger Think “SILVER “ ya just do .

2 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

Your a bloodhound dog ,went right to the source ,good one Thanks 

well yes thats the best way to go............he said his dad is just enjoying life and farming - i told him to tell his dad to join us here he might like talking to a bunch of crankey ole red tractor wrenchers 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

well yes thats the best way to go............he said his dad is just enjoying life and farming - i told him to tell his dad to join us here he might like talking to a bunch of crankey ole red tractor wrenchers 

Good going! It would be interesting to hear stories right from the source. A few years ago one of the Connor Bros started chatting on a pulling group on Facebook, and it turned into an entire history lesson on the White 2-180 Bad Medicine! He shared a lot of tricks they used, some legal, some borderline, and some that the NTPA had to write new rules for! haha. I couldn't care less about the million dollar "race tractors" of today. The old brute force mostly stock tractors built in farm shops are more interesting to me.

• Like 1

Thanks guys I live in Kingston, Ohio Above Chillicothe and drove up to South Charleston, Ohio and asked someone where he lives and went to his house and met him and we talked for a couple of hours. He’s nice and we both shared stories from the old days. He’s the same as he always was

• Like 3

On 8/5/2020 at 8:27 AM, Farmall Doctor said:

Good going! It would be interesting to hear stories right from the source. A few years ago one of the Connor Bros started chatting on a pulling group on Facebook, and it turned into an entire history lesson on the White 2-180 Bad Medicine! He shared a lot of tricks they used, some legal, some borderline, and some that the NTPA had to write new rules for! haha. I couldn't care less about the million dollar "race tractors" of today. The old brute force mostly stock tractors built in farm shops are more interesting to me.

Agree on the old days. Remember going to a farm pull with Dad as a kid. The one thing I will never forget was a farmer adding rear wheel weights to a black stripe 1566. He had so many sets bolted on it he had two bottle jacks propped under the stack to keep them in a straight line while added more. Not sure how many sets he put on, but I have had ten on before, and it was a lot more than that. Also remember the heavy class was easily won by a brand new 5488 from Sage International of Iowa Falls Iowa. Gene Sage the owner of the dealership didn't drive it himself as he didn't want to upset all the farmers with a new tractor from a dealer, so he had a lady drive for him so everyone wouldn't know who's tractor it was, even though everyone knew. It really did run too, they couldn't stop it. Back when pulling was pulling.

23 hours ago, TheIntimidator1066 said:

Thanks guys I live in Kingston, Ohio Above Chillicothe and drove up to South Charleston, Ohio and asked someone where he lives and went to his house and met him and we talked for a couple of hours. He’s nice and we both shared stories from the old days. He’s the same as he always was

thats great you got to go talk with him good deal!!!

• 4 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 8:26 PM, WaynefromWi said:

Around here if you see a winning NTPA1066 pulling tractor you immediately think Jim Skaar and his "SCREAMIN' NORWEGiON".

He lives only about 10 miles from me, I miss them pulling local at EVERY small town's Fireman Festival like they did 30 years ago. When we first moved to Wisconsin Son & I went to a pull every weekend all summer.  Even garden tractor pulls,  ever local watering hole sponcered a garden tractor pull, we'd see a couple trailers with garden tractors go by then we'd wait and follow the next one.

1 hour ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

He lives only about 10 miles from me, I miss them pulling local at EVERY small town's Fireman Festival like they did 30 years ago. When we first moved to Wisconsin Son & I went to a pull every weekend all summer.  Even garden tractor pulls,  ever local watering hole sponcered a garden tractor pull, we'd see a couple trailers with garden tractors go by then we'd wait and follow the next one.

Hi Doc. Our family farm  where I grew up was just a couple miles east of Jim's place.  From 1973 to 1976 I was the kid behind the parts counter at Midway Equipment. I worked with Lowell and Wayne Kittleson, and John Olson. There was almost daily updates of the tractor pulling world.  It was a good place to be when you are just out of high school.

3 hours ago, Mark (EC,IN) said:

I've seen that tractor before,  but I'm pretty sure that is not Danny's Rooster.  The original Rooster went to Kevin Komros (sp)  and it was called The Land Shark

You are correct.  The one that is on pulloff for sale is the old Junk Yard Dog.