hillman

Animal Rights Activists and trucks

since this as ag related I thoughts its OK to post

In June a trucker accidentailly struck and killed a ARA at a slaughter house in Burlington Ont

¬†In a nutshell the ARA are allowed to stop the trucks at the gate and harrass the drivers, water the pigsūüôĄ¬†and probably sing amazing grace¬†ūü§™¬†They were given 2 minutes each truck but since the accident¬†thats been increased ( I get info from my nephew who hauls in there) once they have had their useless time the security gives the driver the OK to move ahead. The driver got clearance to move and from a witness' account a woman in front¬†of the big hood Pete tripped and feel and was run over The driver has been charged and the ARA have put a bounty on his identity and address and have threatened the trucker and slaughter house. They refer to him as a murdererūüôɬ†they claim he accelerated the loaded truck in over to murder the protester¬†ūüėí

The trucking company runs excellent trucks and is well known ( I see them on the highway almost everyday) I just thought you guys would think this is outrageous and how everything is nuts in this World  

Theres a video from the local new in this link worth watching 

https://london.ctvnews.ca/truckers-face-death-threats-following-animal-activist-s-death-1.5038007

this black Pete is one of their trucks which is similar tot the one in the incident. I drive for a living and am sickened by what is happening to that driver! a drivers worst nighmare!

ara.jpg

• Sad 2

I’ll reply to this post the same as I replied to another one this morning. 

If only everyone had to work for a living!

I can’t believe they’re allowed to harass the drivers like that.

• Like 6

Standing or walking in such close proximity to a moving truck requires an acceptance of a certain amount of risk. When a man was killed climbing on a fed ex truck in St. Louis the truck driver was not to blame 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

Standing or walking in such close proximity to a moving truck requires an acceptance of a certain amount of risk. When a man was killed climbing on a fed ex truck in St. Louis the truck driver was not to blame 

Falls in to the "whadda you expect to happen?" category.

• Like 5

oh dear they would have a hay day with me, a feeder pig jumped out of one of those very trucks on i-29 between omaha and rockport and my daughter and i saw it and it some how survived - we took it home, feed it for 9 mos and made bacon out of it 

• Like 4

That is a ridiculous situation.  I'm sure the driver is already dealing with a lot of grief, to accidently do something like that would be hard to deal with, and then have these wackos accuse you of purposely murdering someone.

it's bad enough that the drivers can barely lay a hand on the hogs at the packing plant to get them off the truck.  But now to deal with this.

• Like 3

Glad I haul fuel. 

I don't have patience for people like that and would not deal with them well at all. 

It is hard to see directly up close in front of a truck

Time is money

If you want to crawl under there to see if it's greased........................your call. 

• Like 4

Those allegations make about as much sense as reading a hog it’s last rights at the gate to the slaughter house....  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Those allegations make about as much sense as reading a hog it’s last rights at the gate to the slaughter house....  

Don't give em any ideasūüôĄ

• Like 2

heres 2 videos from the same slaughter house

this one has a Brussels truck at the being but the attempted murderer is a Werner truck which is very common on the road 

this one is priceless at the same location. what an idiot !! 

• Like 1

I really hate stupid people!!!!!!! And these people are f**king stupid!!!!

• Like 4

People need to follow them home and let them see how it feels . Until there is pushback it will never end

• Like 6

What if the protesters were given a load of hogs?  Maybe they would suddenly learn to be responsible... Or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait until one of these hogs clamp down on one of those idiots hand. I wonder if they will feel the same about those poor hogs. Probably won't show that video.

• Like 5

This would be something i'd do

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, hillman said:

heres 2 videos from the same slaughter house

this one has a Brussels truck at the being but the attempted murderer is a Werner truck which is very common on the road 

this one is priceless at the same location. what an idiot !! 

Looks like she should be on the truck. We farrowed 48 sows from 1976 up until 1994. Should have those idiots help load 40-50 fat hogs up a chute onto a straight truck. They would soon hate pigs.

The 20 years I spent behind the counter I had many a guy say they missed their cattle. A few said they missed their sheep. NEVER did anyone say they missed their hogs.

• Like 2

too bad a pig don't bite them but probably the driver would end up in court over it. idiots stopping trucks in this heat to give a few pigs a drop of water while the rest of the pigs get hotter sitting there

that phat girl is a good example of many vegans- they are either skinny as heck or big bottomed because they eat so many carbs and not a healthy balanced diet. 

These fools think humans are not part of the food chain- Ya can't fool Mother Nature! 88power thanks for that video! that young guy and his little gf are funny! its at the same slaughterhouse. I have been to that Tim Hortons/Wendys many times. Notice they are allowed to stop the trucks while still on the busy street? Police everywhere need to start doing their¬†job and get a reality check who they work for¬†ūü§ď

• Like 1

When I was a kid - 1960 or so my dad called home one day and said be by the warehouse RR tracks at 3:30 pm. He was a supervisor working in the American Seating Co warehouse during a strike.   I ride to the plant. Sure enough, here comesthe PRR switch job. Pulls up on the main line, crew gets off and RR supervisors climb on board. They throw the switch and the drunk strikers who have piled out of the tavern 300 feet away lay down on the siding which crosses a public street. The locomotive idles up to a couple feet away and stops. 
Then the best part, cops show up with the old paddy wagons, enough capacity for all. Grab them by the legs and arms and load them like cord wood. Most of them had trouble standing by that time. Picked everyone up and the supervisory switch crew completes the afternoon switch A couple days of that and the company got an injunction against blocking the tracks.

The truckers should keep blocking the street half in half out. Jamb up the thoroughfare and maybe the city will get an injunction keeping the protestors out of the street. Or take them away in handcuffs.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. I just remembered I have some bacon that would be great on the cheese burgers Iam getting ready to grill.       Thanks again 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, dannyredfan said:

Thanks for posting. I just remembered I have some bacon that would be great on the cheese burgers Iam getting ready to grill.       Thanks again 

right back at you! I suddenly am craving bb'd  pork chops and I haven't had them in years! Thanks

• Haha 2

I watched all 3 videos.  These people are nuts.  I agree that you don't get up against any moving vehicles let alone a big truck.  Those that do assume the risk.  These people are nuts.  Kudos to the hotdog guy.

• Like 1

Is it because the animals heading to slaughter are delicious as cows/chickens?

What if truck was hauling dogs/cats/horses/mules to slaughter?

They do that you know.

Ok to only protest pet slaughter?

Hmmmmm....

8 hours ago, 88power said:

This would be something i'd do

...great video ...88Power......very amusing.........hearing    a female saying how they are giving pigs love...........:blink:

...have to  say its not an emotion   I feel about bloody pigs when you see how , ..overnight,   they can tear    up  huge amount of pasture......

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

...great video ...88Power......very amusing.........hearing    a female saying how they are giving pigs love...........:blink:

...have to  say its not an emotion   I feel about bloody pigs when you see how , ..overnight,   they can tear    up  huge amount of pasture......

Mike

Not to mention how they'll certainly eat you, given the chance.

• Like 2