Jeremy 504 Diesel

504 diesel utility, What plow recommended

Welcome,     Great bunch of Folks on this site!!!

We have a 340 Diesel and a 504 Diesel on our farm,    These Engines can be expensive to repair,    ****Don't use" Either" to start your tractor***,   This engine will start with glow plugs,   The same Style of glow plugs as a 460, 560, 656 Diesel tractors,  If your 504 diesel has trouble starting,    Review other "Glow Plug Topics" on this "RedPower Site"

Have fun with your new purchase,    Restore that little "Beast",  Most folks have never seen a 4 Cylinder Diesel Engine in a 504,  Your Tractor will be an attention Getter at tractor shows!!!

Jim Droscha

• Like 2

I pulled 3 14's with my Farmall 504 diesel.  They have more grunt than the gasoline tractors have.

• Like 1

The 504 should have 3 point hitch.  A 3 bottom 3 point like a model 420 plow or something similar should be a good match. I know where there is a 420 for sale and could find out more details.  It is in east central IL.

My Farmall 504 had factory fast hitch.  I pulled an IH model 311 fast hitch plow with that tractor. (3-14’s).  I installed the factory three point top link with draft control from a salvage tractor.  With a set of fast hitch to three point adapters I was able to hook up to category one or two three point equipment.

I still have two 8’ fast hitch tandem disks in fair shape if anyone is looking for one.

On 8/3/2020 at 9:08 AM, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Welcome,     Great bunch of Folks on this site!!!

We have a 340 Diesel and a 504 Diesel on our farm,    These Engines can be expensive to repair,    ****Don't use" Either" to start your tractor***,   This engine will start with glow plugs,   The same Style of glow plugs as a 460, 560, 656 Diesel tractors,  If your 504 diesel has trouble starting,    Review other "Glow Plug Topics" on this "RedPower Site"

Have fun with your new purchase,    Restore that little "Beast",  Most folks have never seen a 4 Cylinder Diesel Engine in a 504,  Your Tractor will be an attention Getter at tractor shows!!!

Jim Droscha

It’s in really good shape!! It would most definitely be good candidate for restoration 

On 8/3/2020 at 6:58 PM, WESnIL said:

The 504 should have 3 point hitch.  A 3 bottom 3 point like a model 420 plow or something similar should be a good match. I know where there is a 420 for sale and could find out more details.  It is in east central IL.

I ran across an really nice ford 2 bottom plow with the trip built into the mole boards.. $220 so I bought them 

There ya go!.