now wis. mask mandate

well returned call to the hair cutting lady this morning, asked if we are all going to die? she cut my hair on Friday, wanted to be ahead of the mask mandate in our state, she said she started getting sick on Saturday, bad headache, and so tired, also loss of taste but tummy still hungry, today she is feeling  better but tired, her husband works for the village they live in now he has to stay in also. hopes to draw unemployment, she said if she doesn't get sick then reopen in 10 days, also has another lady about 35 years old that works there , she also has to stay home, however her husband is a fda meat inspector he has to go no matter what, my hair cutter I think is in her middle 50.s and looks to be in good shape, then got a call from the county health department, I knew what was coming, as of last Friday now I am supposed to stay home, however other family members can come and go as they please, doesn't make a lot of sense, did ask if I need a work note, didn't think the cows would understand, so the last 5 days she never asked about, I could of been anywhere, its the next week she was concerned about, and of course if a person should not start feeling well, also 100 to 500 dollar fine can be imposed. so far so good.

• Like 2
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mask in your car is like wearing a condom alone in bed....  

Posted by a friend of mine on fb: if you are immune compromised I get it. A common cold could kill you. I would not go out in public if I was immune compromised. I would stay home. Also, If yo

I'll probably p!ss some people off up there tonight. Got me a Trump 2020 mask. I may not eat just so I could  possibly offend someone.  

Posted Images

Havnt wore a mask 1 time, havnt been told to wear one, the cops i know say they won't enforce the ridiculous rule, and its a fact the only thing a mask does is make you look stupid, lower your oxygen levels, make you breath in more bacteria l, and weeken your immune system,  if you haven't figured out its 100percent political than your to far gone

• Like 2

Where's you're hair lady PT756? (city)  I'm curious.

My outlaws got tore up by C19 back in March, in Kenosha/Racine

1 hour ago, pt756 said:

well returned call to the hair cutting lady this morning, asked if we are all going to die? she cut my hair on Friday, wanted to be ahead of the mask mandate in our state, she said she started getting sick on Saturday, bad headache, and so tired, also loss of taste but tummy still hungry, today she is feeling  better but tired, her husband works for the village they live in now he has to stay in also. hopes to draw unemployment, she said if she doesn't get sick then reopen in 10 days, also has another lady about 35 years old that works there , she also has to stay home, however her husband is a fda meat inspector he has to go no matter what, my hair cutter I think is in her middle 50.s and looks to be in good shape, then got a call from the county health department, I knew what was coming, as of last Friday now I am supposed to stay home, however other family members can come and go as they please, doesn't make a lot of sense, did ask if I need a work note, didn't think the cows would understand, so the last 5 days she never asked about, I could of been anywhere, its the next week she was concerned about, and of course if a person should not start feeling well, also 100 to 500 dollar fine can be imposed. so far so good.

"Rusty Shakleford 867 5390" is the new sign in number...

• Haha 1

Well, us in Michigan have you guys beat again.

Our illustrious Governor decided to issue orders that any kid over 2 in any common area at say a daycare should wear a mask. Once in a classroom they can take it off unless they are over 12 then they fall under adult rules. She is trying to say anyone over 2 should wear a mask in public ( not mandated yet but i wouldn't put it past her). How in the **** are you supposed to make a 2 year old wear a masks or a 4 year old for that matter? 

This keeps getting dumber and dumber. 

Will California come get their politician back please. 

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, edwardporter1 said:

Lets get back to the good looking governor with her head on straight LOL!

Wish there were more of them.  

Just curious,  I assume most of the guys on this site have some farm backround (I do) Then I assume some have had hogs or chickens.   Or are in an area where there are confinement hog or chicken barns.    Has anyone seen the health procedures you have to go through to enter a well run confinement barn?     Some are so stringent that when you enter you have to remove your street clothes, shower and then wear  properly disinfected coveralls, boots AND a mask!    I worked for a vet and hated wearing a mask, but I did wear one to protect the owners investment in facilities and stock.    Do we honestly think that our fellow man deserves less than a chicken or hog?      Just asking     Feel free to take a swing but please think about what I posted FIRST!!

• Like 1

so now our county has made an online deal where you can report someone for not wearing a mask, sheriffs wont deal with it, this was supposed to be a mandate not a law!

15 minutes ago, pt756 said:

so now our county has made an online deal where you can report someone for not wearing a mask, sheriffs wont deal with it, this was supposed to be a mandate not a law!

Where do you live, anyway?

central wis. western marathon county, on the good side its been a week since the lady cut my hair and I haven't got any  sign of it yet, I truly believe that it was in our house last winter before anybody started talking about it, wife was real sick, not like a cold or flu just couldn't get it together for a few weeks. I cant believe this chance to report people is going to go over well.

16 minutes ago, pt756 said:

central wis. western marathon county, on the good side its been a week since the lady cut my hair and I haven't got any  sign of it yet, I truly believe that it was in our house last winter before anybody started talking about it, wife was real sick, not like a cold or flu just couldn't get it together for a few weeks. I cant believe this chance to report people is going to go over well.

One more way to divide us.

From the CDC. Maybe the experts should check with the experts on how effective these mask are.

Face Masks

Figure 2. Meta-analysis of risk ratios for the effect of face mask use with or without enhanced hand hygiene on laboratory-confirmed influenza from 10 randomized controlled trials with >6,500 participants. A) Face mask...

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10). Study designs in the 7 household studies were slightly different: 1 study provided face masks and P2 respirators for household contacts only (34), another study evaluated face mask use as a source control for infected persons only (35), and the remaining studies provided masks for the infected persons as well as their close contacts (11–13,15,17). None of the household studies reported a significant reduction in secondary laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the face mask group (11–13,15,17,34,35). Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group.

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

More on cloth mask from a study made in 2015.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577?fbclid=IwAR1HbDCisw-ZMsHNh3GYFzzzCbmICpKib4ju4goePDmuTZYHg4CSc9-Cbdk

Results The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

Conclusions This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, gonzo 1066 said:

Just curious,  I assume most of the guys on this site have some farm backround (I do) Then I assume some have had hogs or chickens.   Or are in an area where there are confinement hog or chicken barns.    Has anyone seen the health procedures you have to go through to enter a well run confinement barn?     Some are so stringent that when you enter you have to remove your street clothes, shower and then wear  properly disinfected coveralls, boots AND a mask!    I worked for a vet and hated wearing a mask, but I did wear one to protect the owners investment in facilities and stock.    Do we honestly think that our fellow man deserves less than a chicken or hog?      Just asking     Feel free to take a swing but please think about what I posted FIRST!!

And your point is? 

Biosecurity at pig confinement facilities is to prevent the introduction of  pathogens which may be detrimental to the farmstead and the health of the pigs.  Same for chickens.  It is a good business practice at both types of facilities to make every effort for the economic benefit of the respective farm to implement the safety procedures.

The same cannot be said for the strong armed, gestapo tactics of some of our nations elected officials.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:29 PM, pt756 said:

central wis. western marathon county, on the good side its been a week since the lady cut my hair and I haven't got any  sign of it yet, I truly believe that it was in our house last winter before anybody started talking about it, 

Covid was here way before the media found it.  I think we got it back in Feb before it became "official".  Went to a funeral of a college classmate and a lot of people came from all over Montana and the Pacific Northwest.  Funeral was on a Saturday and by Monday everybody was sick that went to that funeral.  Some had weird symptoms like loss of taste and such.  One of the attendees was from Seattle which is were some of the first "official" cases were.  Also, I have a neighbor who is an emergency RN nurse at a local reservation.  Again back on February he had several people come in with flu like symptoms but when they did the testing it wasn't the flu and they didn't know what it was. Plus they had to airlift a few of them to Great Falls because they almost died.  

6 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

Covid was here way before the media found it.  I think we got it back in Feb before it became "official".  Went to a funeral of a college classmate and a lot of people came from all over Montana and the Pacific Northwest.  Funeral was on a Saturday and by Monday everybody was sick that went to that funeral.  Some had weird symptoms like loss of taste and such.  One of the attendees was from Seattle which is were some of the first "official" cases were.  Also, I have a neighbor who is an emergency RN nurse at a local reservation.  Again back on February he had several people come in with flu like symptoms but when they did the testing it wasn't the flu and they didn't know what it was. Plus they had to airlift a few of them to Great Falls because they almost died.  

I agree with you. In fact i think it was in the country before February. There have been quiet things ive read and heard that leads me to believe that more like late last fall, early winter. Wife showed me a article a few months ago that in France they had found some chest x-rays that showed signs of Covid from the middle of November. That was when the signs were visible, not the initial infection which would put the intial infection late October or early November. If it was in France by November, you know damn well it was here at the same time considering the trade between China and us. 

I also think that it was here last fall, here in wis, we had the big diary expo, also wis.is big into ginseng thoughts around this area that might of been a another time, as for me day10 of sitting at home ,  still no symptoms yet

28 minutes ago, pt756 said:

I also think that it was here last fall, here in wis, we had the big diary expo, also wis.is big into ginseng thoughts around this area that might of been a another time, as for me day10 of sitting at home ,  still no symptoms yet

That's my thoughts anyway.

Did a very small destination wedding in December just before Christmas in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Tennessee. Got home from that 2 days before Christmas. Wife got sick, knocked her off her butt sick. Went on for 2 weeks before she started to get better. Went to the doctor after week 1 and tested negative for both types of influenza. Rolled through the family in early January. Sister in law was same way as wife, tested negative for both types of influenza. It got all of us at some point.

Now the kicker. When it hit the fan. Wife is a RN manager at the hospital. 2 of her staff had confirmed cases of it including her right hand girl so to speak. Wife is pregnant bu now and this woman was hacking a lung up around her all the time. Woman had positive test and wife had sniffles and got tested. 4 days later got a negative test. 

Pregnancy is a higher risk group. She didn't get it which leads to these possibilities.

1. Test at the end of March wasn't worth a damn and was wrong and she had it which is possible but if that's the case it wasn't remotely near as bad as they make it sound. She was way sicker at the end of December than the end of March.

2. It isn't as easy to catch as they make it sound which doesn't seem likely. 

3. She already had some type of immunity to it which again doesn't seem likely but i suppose anything is possible.

4. We had already been exposed to it like my theory is. Can i prove this? No. But it's a possibility. 

On 8/2/2020 at 3:25 PM, SDman said:

For you guys in Montana....why is your state under a mask order? You guys have fewer cases(less than half, actually) than we do in South Dakota. I would think it would be rather easy to social distance in your state. 

Our governor has been busy showing the nation’s colors at rodeo events lately. This was at the Days of 76 rodeo in Deadwood. Earlier last month she did the same thing in Sioux Falls at the Sanford arena. 

2E2DBBE3-7E0F-4DC8-BD30-0320335148E9.jpeg

ABD806FE-81A1-4080-BDDF-EF7CF1996F52.jpeg

That's how it should be all the time. I think she should be, well I won't get in trouble for being political.

• Like 1

Our illustrious governor says:

“Not wearing a mask is not a political statement... It shows a disregard for others,” he said. “Masks are not the enemy. The enemy is you.”

So we are the enemy (his words), while the National Institute of Health says this about that:

During the 2009 pandemic of H1N1 influenza (swine flu), encouraging the public to wash their hands reduced the incidence of infection significantly whereas wearing facemasks did not. 5 There is no good evidence that facemasks protect the public against infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID‐19. 6

Surgical facemasks are designed to be discarded after single use. As they become moist they become porous and no longer protect. Indeed, experiments have shown that surgical and cotton masks do not trap the SARS‐CoV‐2 (COVID‐19) virus, which can be detected on the outer surface of the masks for up to 7 days. 7 , 8 Thus, a pre‐symptomatic or mildly infected person wearing a facemask for hours without changing it and without washing hands every time they touched the mask could paradoxically increase the risk of infecting others.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7323223/#jpc14936-bib-0006