now wis. mask mandate

7 minutes ago, Tmtbob said:

We probably will but cause of death will still be COVID. My wife shoots me I’ll be a COVID victim, ran over by a bull = COVID, traffic accident= COVID. You get the picture. 

There's a lot of truth in that statement.

• Like 2
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mask in your car is like wearing a condom alone in bed....  

Posted by a friend of mine on fb: if you are immune compromised I get it. A common cold could kill you. I would not go out in public if I was immune compromised. I would stay home. Also, If yo

I'll probably p!ss some people off up there tonight. Got me a Trump 2020 mask. I may not eat just so I could  possibly offend someone.  

Posted Images

My wife and I stopped at a Lutheran church cemetery south of Canton,SD last Sunday evening while cruising in the convertible. We have it pretty good. In a time frame of about 1885-1900 we looked at multiple family plots where parents lost 3, 4, 5 and even 6 kids. And some lost a spouse. Most kids were 1-12 years old. I cannot imagine in today's world the mass chaos that would be taking place with those kind of deaths.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, edwardporter1 said:

Lets get back to the Govenor of South Dakota😎

I see your point. Hard to argue with that. 

• Like 1

I didn't see it, but my wife said someone in the media thought her wearing shorts was un-governor like. Had to be a jealous woman or a homo complaining.

116873910_581293985891302_1610806494409982467_n.jpg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

I didn't see it, but my wife said someone in the media thought her wearing shorts was un-governor like. Had to be a jealous woman or a homo complaining.

116873910_581293985891302_1610806494409982467_n.jpg

I like it, looks natural, unlike most politicians who send one of their peons out to buy a pair of hunnert dollar guchy blue jeans and a brand new seed corn cap thinking they will look like "one of the guys" at the coffee shop. 🤪🙄😄

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cedar farm said:

My wife and I stopped at a Lutheran church cemetery south of Canton,SD last Sunday evening while cruising in the convertible. We have it pretty good. In a time frame of about 1885-1900 we looked at multiple family plots where parents lost 3, 4, 5 and even 6 kids. And some lost a spouse. Most kids were 1-12 years old. I cannot imagine in today's world the mass chaos that would be taking place with those kind of deaths.

Yes this is most important. If children where dying that is a problem,what we have is a inconvenience.

I have been giving thanks none of my close family has been in elder care facility. As my parents and in laws have all past after time needing care. The ones with dementia would of been lost with the waving through the window business. 

8 hours ago, superih said:

There is a reason we were born with an immune system and not an air filter!

And an awesome system it is.  You take care of it, and it'll take care of you.  Outstanding, ingenious design.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, rcb said:

What I'm really curious about is how all the social distancing will affect the country this fall. We constantly are trading weakened viruses to build our immune systems. With the reduce events and social distancing, extreme cleaning regimens and all I wonder if we will see increased impact from weakened immune systems.

Count on it.  And there will be much joy in certain sectors when this happens.  And the lockdowns will continue.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'd bet that I'm right.

• Sad 1

As doctors from the Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology at Children’s Hospital at Westmead in Sydney, Australia, concluded in arguing against even health care workers wearing surgical masks when treating low‐risk patients:

There is no good evidence that facemasks protect the public against infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID‐19.

One danger of doing this is the illusion of protection. Surgical facemasks are designed to be discarded after single use. As they become moist they become porous and no longer protect. Indeed, experiments have shown that surgical and cotton masks do not trap the SARS‐CoV‐2 (COVID‐19) virus, which can be detected on the outer surface of the masks for up to 7 days. Thus, a pre‐symptomatic or mildly infected person wearing a facemask for hours without changing it and without washing hands every time they touched the mask could paradoxically increase the risk of infecting others.

https://orthodoxreflections.com/will-your-mask-in-church-save-a-life/

6 hours ago, rcb said:

What I'm really curious about is how all the social distancing will affect the country this fall. We constantly are trading weakened viruses to build our immune systems. With the reduce events and social distancing, extreme cleaning regimens and all I wonder if we will see increased impact from weakened immune systems.

I have politely asked, in multiple forums, whether it is better to get a maximum number of people exposed to the Rona NOW while it''s 90 degrees and sunny and people are outdoors being active and generally at their healthiest vs. pushing it off till December.  When it's standard cold/flu/pneumonia season, the weather sucks, everybody is crammed indoors, the kids all have a snotty nose, etc.  I have never gotten a single response from the lockdown, stay-at-home-forever fearmongering people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, clay neubauer said:

I have politely asked, in multiple forums, whether it is better to get a maximum number of people exposed to the Rona NOW while it''s 90 degrees and sunny and people are outdoors being active and generally at their healthiest vs. pushing it off till December.  When it's standard cold/flu/pneumonia season, the weather sucks, everybody is crammed indoors, the kids all have a snotty nose, etc.  I have never gotten a single response from the lockdown, stay-at-home-forever fearmongering people.

Kind of funny in a way - arguing over how well masks do or don't work - when there's plenty of evidence (Sweden, for example) to suggest that even if masks (and lockdowns and social distancing) are extremely effective, which they don't appear to be, dragging it out and flattttttening the curve only prolongs what would probably be over and done with by now without the ham-handed efforts to defeat it.

Not sure if this is going to readable or not. 

Gonna try it, hope it will be. 

672510411_coronamasksafety.thumb.jpeg.4a0725c18a47296d52583762993a07c5.jpeg

Looks like all y'all in Australia are fixin' to really get pounded.

Victoria introduces $4,957 on-the-spot fine for breaching isolation rules as stage 4 lockdown kicks in. Follow all the latest news and updates, live

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2020/aug/04/australia-coronavirus-live-update-victoria-stage-4-lockdown-curfew-melbourne-jobs-nsw-qld-covid-19-latest-news?page=with:block-5f289ebe8f0871f06ad97c15

I'm just sitting back trying to find some real answers.  When I'm in a state or a store requiring a mask I comply.  if not required I haven't been wearing one, maybe I should.

But I find it ironic that many of the people pushing for masks to be required are the same people who believe abortion, which in my believe system is the killing of an unborn baby, is a woman's choice.  It's just very hard for me to get behind and support people who are all about choice and acceptance...but only when you choose and accept their beliefs.

• Like 4

This is straight from the horse's mouth:

During the pandemics caused by swine flu and by the coronaviruses which caused SARS and MERS, many people in Asia and elsewhere walked around wearing surgical or homemade cotton masks to protect themselves. One danger of doing this is the illusion of protection. Surgical facemasks are designed to be discarded after single use. As they become moist they become porous and no longer protect. Indeed, experiments have shown that surgical and cotton masks do not trap the SARS‐CoV‐2 (COVID‐19) virus, which can be detected on the outer surface of the masks for up to 7 days. 7 , 8 Thus, a pre‐symptomatic or mildly infected person wearing a facemask for hours without changing it and without washing hands every time they touched the mask could paradoxically increase the risk of infecting others. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7323223/#jpc14936-bib-0006

8 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Looks like all y'all in Australia are fixin' to really get pounded.

Victoria introduces $4,957 on-the-spot fine for breaching isolation rules as stage 4 lockdown kicks in. Follow all the latest news and updates, live

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2020/aug/04/australia-coronavirus-live-update-victoria-stage-4-lockdown-curfew-melbourne-jobs-nsw-qld-covid-19-latest-news?page=with:block-5f289ebe8f0871f06ad97c15

Funny, I thought their lockdowns, 14 day quarantine and face masks were supposedly going to stop it in it tracks there. Heck, you have to fly in or get on a boat to get there so they could have isolated from the rest of the world until its gone and they're still having problems with it. 

so last Thursday night went to a towns meeting, first off probably less than half of the regular guys were there, most town guys are older, then I noticed all the county people form marathon county wearing there masks, probably less than a 1/4 of us were wearing masks, funny part was when one of the county people wanted to talk down came the mask, so what good did it do to sit there for 2 hours all covered up and then pull it down when you speak, it all just doesn't make sense to me lately,  it seems that if you think you could be at risk then staying at home would be the safer choice?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, cedar farm said:

My 21 year old daughter is in nursing school and works at a nursing home. She said the worst thing that was done to the residents was to shut off the visitors. Those poor 80 plus year old people all of the sudden cut off from all family contact. Worse than getting covid.

Yes, my mom is the HR Director at a local nursing home and it is sad to see...... sad to hear with the stories she tells. They have at least made it so a resident can talk to family members through a phone at the nursing home but obviously not the same as in person. A couple my family has known for years celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary in April and she was in the nursing home and her husband couldn’t even go in to see her. 70+ years of being through everything together and a virus stopped it...... terrible. 

As of a few weeks ago they are letting residents visit outside with family with social distancing.

• Sad 1

well this will be interesting, just got call from my hair cutting lady, she has been diagnosed with covid, was there a week ago, got to call  her back tomorrow, I have been there twice since reopening up and both times she was masked up, small shop, whoopee!

• Sad 2
19 minutes ago, pt756 said:

well this will be interesting, just got call from my hair cutting lady, she has been diagnosed with covid, was there a week ago, got to call  her back tomorrow, I have been there twice since reopening up and both times she was masked up, small shop, whoopee!

Is she sick, or did someone decide she was just positive?  

Did you sign in when you got your haircut?  I hope not, but they may put you out of commission for two weeks.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

gee maybe I will get out of milking cows a few times?  when I had my hip problem in 2015, I was put out of commission for 42 days, brand new replacement dislocated 3 times in first week, got  a different model a week later, with an abduction brace, didn't enjoy the time off either,

14 hours ago, pt756 said:

How did the phone call go? Are you showing signs? Actually, being around livestock, you likely have immunity.